IGNORED

Mercure Hotel: Worth it.

BigMike1970

Stillearly,

I took some pictures with my iphone before I chech out. I have never posted any pictures here before. Let me do some research to see how I could post them. It may help you to decide if the hotel give you a upgrade, you want to take it or not. Trust me, the bath tub is very strange. The room is full of Mikey Mouse pictures. It is very strange to fuck a girl in a room like this!

I would like to try it when I come back to Patraya December. I just worry it may be a "family" hotel like holiday inn. Bring girls back may be a problem (joiner fee).

Yes, that is the worry, isn't it? That's why I'll probably just book 2-3 days to try it out. Maybe I'll see you there :)

(Also, it is my understanding that it's not actually in soi 1, rather right next to it on a street that doesn't have a proper name and is full of hotels.)

Boxershrimp,

Today is a very nice day. Sunny and not that hot. I went to that Big C (close to Soi 2) to buy some stuff. Then I took a walk to see that New Mercure. It is localed right between Ibis and the Holiday Inn New Tower. You could get there by either the Ibis parking lot or from Holiday Inn. It is a kind of dark Gary colour building. I still see works being done there. I doubt they could open this month. I checked Accor's web site. They have a cheap soft opening rate in January! I took some pictures but I still don' know how to post them. do you know how to post pictures with an iphone?

Well, that is the other worry with new hotels in Thailand, of course. That they won't open even close to the advertised date.

I think I'll still chance a couple of days in late December, as you say the rates are relatively reasonable now.

I've never tried actually uploading pictures here, sorry. Just attaching them to the post doesn't seem like it would make formatting very easy, for instance.

Maybe upload to your Gallery and then insert them in the post with the My Media button? That's the way I would try first.

(Or if you can host the pictures elsewhere, it's as easy as linking to them.)

Edit:

OK, scratch that. It turns out Baraquda has a x4 points thing going until the end of December, so I'll use that as an excuse to spend silly money on a suite there instead. To be fair, this is probably more cost effective than buying the extra miles I need in a frequent flyer account that I will then transfer those points into, and it gets me what sounds like quite decent acommodation too.

Oh, the perils of points/miles whoring. It's all a big fat excuse to spend more than you think is actually prudent...

Boxershrimp,

I was in Baraquda before I checked in to Mercure. It was being renovated. The job won't be finished until December. That is why they provide good rate. I stayed there for 3 nights and only paying about 2800THB includes tax. It was very noisey during daytime. You could see my post in Baraquda topic. I could not take a nap in the afternoon. Just for your information.

I saw that, but it didn't really sound like a deal breaker to me. If I'm still asleep by 3 PM, I'd rather prefer that someone wake me up, actually.

Besides, I'm talking the very end of the year here, and they can't at least be planning to keep renovations going for that long. (Of course, we know how renovation plans tend to work out in Thailand...)

Stillearly,

I finally know how to post the pictures. The strange bath tub with a 2 ft gap!

image.jpg

Archived