IGNORED

Mercure Hotel: Worth it.

BigMike1970

I stayed at the Mercure hotel for 10 nights during NYE. It is a great place to stay, IMO. The room was exactly what I assumed it would be from the pictures on Agoda. I stayed in a deluxe room with a balcony overlooking the pool. And the pool...what can I say?! It is a sunbathers dream! Great poolside bar incase you feel like a cold beer.

The buffet breakfast was great. Plenty of choices: bacon, sausages, different breads, juice, cold milk, good coffee, egg station, etc. You can sit outside by the pool eating this while contemplating your activities for the day. Hassle-free check-in and check-out. I paid about $90US per night, but it was around NYE so the price was a little more.

It's located just off 2nd road, but they have a great 24 hour shuttle bus that takes you about 100m from 2nd road near Soi 15.

There are cheaper places in Pattaya, but I highly recommend the Mercure.

I do too. Stayed here a few times and can't complain.

"I am not a Rapist"

John 3:16

I agree with you, I have stayed many times at the Mercure and I have always enjoyed my stay there. The staff and managers are always friendly and very helpful. I will be back there shortly and I'm looking forward to another great experience.

i am staying there next week (second visit) and it is a great hotel just a little off the beaten path which sometimes is good. caught a sale there so whynoteh

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any constrution noise from nearby

Not when I was there in Dec / Jan.

Big Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

I always stay here when in Patts, probably about 15 times now. Always book a high floor at the rear overlooking the pool.

I normally get room only as if I had the breakfast everyday would be even fatter than I am now, I just nip to the supermarket in the Avenue and get yoghurt and fruit for 2 or 3 days at a time.

Was last there Dec 2012 when they were just putting the footings in for what I assume is a new hotel to the rear. Is the hotel finished as like Mikro mentioned I am concerned about the noise as I will be back in December this year

• 2 months later...

I'm there for my first visit on 1st march 2015 can't wait. I'm in a deluxe room so what can I expect?

How big are the showers? Wet room or over a bath?

What food is included for half board?

Does the hotel offer a laundry service?

Random one but I have always fancied the maid coming in to clean the room and offering extra services if you know what I mean!!! Would it be rude to ask?

What time is breakfast served until?

Is there a bar in the hotel and are there local ladies there to pick up?

Check out www.mercurepattaya.com You'll get all yer answers...

Big Mike.

ps- No chicks in the hotel bar.

I'm there for my first visit on 1st march 2015 can't wait. I'm in a deluxe room so what can I expect? All rooms except family rooms are identical. Rooms overlooking pool at the rear are classed as deluxe.

How big are the showers? Wet room or over a bath? Small shower / wet room no bath. Toiletries supplied.

What food is included for half board?  I would say breakfast & lunch !

Does the hotel offer a laundry service? Yes

Random one but I have always fancied the maid coming in to clean the room and offering extra services if you know what I mean!!! Would it be rude to ask? Give that a miss.

What time is breakfast served until? 6 - 10.30

Is there a bar in the hotel and are there local ladies there to pick up? Has a nice bar but mainly used by couples/ family thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ty SPA

I will stay in Mercure in about 3 weeks for 1 night only. It is free because I am an Accor advantage plus member. What I read from Tripadvisor was about 50/50. Some said the services was good but some said the rooms are old and tired. Since I got it for free, I just worry Mercure will give me a not so nice room.

I will stay in Mercure in about 3 weeks for 1 night only. It is free because I am an Accor advantage plus member. What I read from Tripadvisor was about 50/50. Some said the services was good but some said the rooms are old and tired. Since I got it for free, I just worry Mercure will give me a not so nice room.

Rooms are all the same.

I stayed at the Mercure hotel for 10 nights during NYE. It is a great place to stay, IMO. The room was exactly what I assumed it would be from the pictures on Agoda. I stayed in a deluxe room with a balcony overlooking the pool. And the pool...what can I say?! It is a sunbathers dream! Great poolside bar incase you feel like a cold beer.

The buffet breakfast was great. Plenty of choices: bacon, sausages, different breads, juice, cold milk, good coffee, egg station, etc. You can sit outside by the pool eating this while contemplating your activities for the day. Hassle-free check-in and check-out. I paid about $90US per night, but it was around NYE so the price was a little more.

It's located just off 2nd road, but they have a great 24 hour shuttle bus that takes you about 100m from 2nd road near soi 15.

There are cheaper places in Pattaya, but I highly recommend the Mercure.

thanks for the review - what about the joiner policy, can you take as many girls as you want at once and do they offer free wifi ?

Wifi is free and available in the rooms. Like most hotels in Patts, the first girl is free, 500 baht joiner fee for any more.

Big Mike.

the Golden Tulip hotel and Residence has just started piling work. It is located just across from the Mercure so a little bit of noise is prob expected. I will be staying at the Mercure in 2 weeks time for a period of 16 days so maybe give u all an update after i get back

the Golden Tulip Hotel and Residence has just started piling work. It is located just across from the Mercure so a little bit of noise is prob expected. I will be staying at the Mercure in 2 weeks time for a period of 16 days so maybe give u all an update after i get back

Look forward to that.

I booked for 11 nights in December and the best deal after looking at 1000 sites (so it seemed) was from Net flights of all places.

Superior double room, Bed and breakfast for £47.47 per night about 2479 baht which I reckon is an awesome deal, inc tax and vat

I had e mailed the hotel playing on the we have stopped there loads of times blah blah and best they got was 2600 room only

• 3 weeks later...

I just don' know why you guys like this hotel so much.

Last few nights, I was staying in Baraquda. This morning, after I checked out there at noon, I took a 3 minutes walk from there to mercure. When I arrived, the first thing I saw was a 4 or 5 inches lizard thing on the wall behind the reception. I understand the normal check in time should be 2. I arrive at 12:15 and I was told my room was not ready. I had to wait 45 minutes. So, I was sitting in the lobby but there was a flock of Mosquitos flying around. After I fight with those Mosquitos for 45 minutes, I finally got my room. They upgrade me to a family room. So, I take the elevator to my room. It is one of the smallest and slowest elevator I have even seen. About the family room, it is located at the other side of the hallway. It is very dark. It is facing the construction site. The bathroom design is very strange. You have to go through a 3 ft gap to go to the bath tub. If a family stay there, I wonder how the parents could bath the children. The strangest thing: THERE IS NO DO NOT DISTURB sign or light in the room! Guys, if you bring the girls back, please make sure you lock the door.

I got the room for free and they upgraded me. I should not complain too much. If you are paying 2500 THB a night there. There are many better hotels with that price range.

Mercure are opening something they call an "ocean resort" in November, over by soi 1. I'm gravely tempted to try it out for a couple days at least, I could certainly use some more points in my Le Club account, and it seems all right enough. A little out of the way for my usual habits, but it can be good to get out of old habits sometimes.

I would like to try it when I come back to Patraya December. I just worry it may be a "family" hotel like holiday inn. Bring girls back may be a problem (joiner fee).

I just don' know why you guys like this hotel so much.

Last few nights, I was staying in Baraquda. This morning, after I checked out there at noon, I took a 3 minutes walk from there to mercure. When I arrived, the first thing I saw was a 4 or 5 inches lizard thing on the wall behind the reception. I understand the normal check in time should be 2. I arrive at 12:15 and I was told my room was not ready. I had to wait 45 minutes. So, I was sitting in the lobby but there was a flock of Mosquitos flying around. After I fight with those Mosquitos for 45 minutes, I finally got my room. They upgrade me to a family room. So, I take the elevator to my room. It is one of the smallest and slowest elevator I have even seen. About the family room, it is located at the other side of the hallway. It is very dark. It is facing the construction site. The bathroom design is very strange. You have to go through a 3 ft gap to go to the bath tub. If a family stay there, I wonder how the parents could bath the children. The strangest thing: THERE IS NO DO NOT DISTURB sign or light in the room! Guys, if you bring the girls back, please make sure you lock the door.

I got the room for free and they upgraded me. I should not complain too much. If you are paying 2500 THB a night there. There are many better hotels with that price range.

I would like to try it when I come back to Patraya December. I just worry it may be a "family" hotel like holiday inn. Bring girls back may be a problem (joiner fee).

Now I'm confused.. In you first post you say you weren't impressed, then in your second , a few hours later , you say you would like to try it ...

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

No, sorry, boxershrimp was talking about the new Mercure Resort in Soi 1. I looked at the pictures from Accor' web site and it was very nice. It seems more like a "Family" hotel like the Holiday Inn in Soi 2 or Soi 3. I just worry they may charge joiner fee. If it is a "Family" hotel, you don't feel comfortable to bring girls back. About this "old" Mercure, I am going to check out in an hour and I won't be back.

No, sorry, boxershrimp was talking about the new Mercure Resort in Soi 1. I looked at the pictures from Accor' web site and it was very nice. It seems more like a "Family" hotel like the Holiday Inn in Soi 2 or Soi 3. I just worry they may charge joiner fee. If it is a "Family" hotel, you don't feel comfortable to bring girls back. About this "old" Mercure, I am going to check out in an hour and I won't be back.

My mistake :)

I have am staying at the Mecure next trip , do you have any of your own pics ? Thanks

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Archived