Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Shared office space?

max1970

I might have a chance to work for a small western tech company out of Pattaya. I have to do serious, western style 8 hours work / day, I can't work from home, I'd fall into "Thai lazyiness" rather quickly.

I was wondering, are there shared office spaces that rent out single desks? I would need to have a good and stable internet connection, a meeting room that I could use from time to time for conference calls and a quiet environment where I can concentrate on my work. I am thinking of a setup with a "start-up spirit", i.e. something a bit fancy where other ambicious start-up's and entrepreneurs rent too.

As a side question: I'd receive my salary from that western company in that western country, i.e. I'd be officially as a tourist in Thailand, at least for the first year or so until things have settled down. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks for your help!

Immigration would regard you as working without a work permit, so your plan to rent a bit of office space is not to be recommended.

If you are set on doing this, then you should work from your condo/apartment and force yourself into the work routine discipline while maintaining a low profile.

Good luck which ever way you decide to jump.

yes

if your found out its

deportation

and blacklisted on top of the fine it is a risk

Thai's are paid spotters fees and will put you in for the reward money

Thanks all for making me aware of the legal issue. I certainly don't want to work illegally in a foreign country and especially not in a country I love so much like Thailand.

I thought that because I'd be employed in a different country, all the money is earned outside Thailand and the work is done online it might not be considered as working in Thailand, even though I’d be physically there.

After some online research I have found out that there is a special fast lane work visa that is granted for people working in the tech industry. If it turns out the way I wish then I will ask the Siam Legal team to assist me in setting everything up properly.

Cheers.

Just rent a small inexpensive second condo that you can use  as an office. No TV just internet connection.

No distractions.

Thanks all for making me aware of the legal issue. I certainly don't want to work illegally in a foreign country and especially not in a country I love so much like Thailand.

I thought that because I'd be employed in a different country, all the money is earned outside Thailand and the work is done online it might not be considered as working in Thailand, even though I’d be physically there.

After some online research I have found out that there is a special fast lane work visa that is granted for people working in the tech industry. If it turns out the way I wish then I will ask the Siam Legal team to assist me in setting everything up properly.

Cheers.

Let us know if you do find such a space. I was thinking of doing something similar, and much prefer to have a shared space than working from a home.

Archived