Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotels with over 20yo minimum age restrictions

Roadglide

LK Empress has a 20yo minimum age restriction.  

How many other hotels have this restriction?  

Please post names of hotels.  I don't understand this policy, as the minimum age used to be 18 and the girls are supposed to be 18 to work in the bars.

LK Empress has a 20yo minimum age restriction.  

How many other hotels have this restriction?  

Please post names of hotels.  I don't understand this policy, as the minimum age used to be 18 and the girls are supposed to be 18 to work in the bars.

Surprised. Never had an issue at any of the LK hotels although have not personally stayed at Empress recently. LK Reconnaissance has no age restriction and I would have thought they have a company wide policy. Be interested yo hear more about this as it is an oft recommended hotel.

Minimum age restriction.that means family with kids not allow to stay there!

Obviously there are no age restrictions on initial check in i.e. for those originally booked in" so families are 100% fine in all cases. Even Areca allows girls under 20 if she was booked in and arrives with you.

Areca Lodge has 20 and over policy too.

Yes for over nighters. If the girl was pre-booked and arrives with you at initial check in there is no age restriction i.e. if you go with wife/girlfriend its OK.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I believe sunview palace on soi bukhao is. I got picked up on this on my first trip. Had to book another hotel for the night!!

I would never stay in a hotel with such a ridiculous policy. Reminds me of a couple of Eastiny hotels where I stayed years ago, who had a no ladyboys policy. Even though I didn't matter to me personally, such BS was enough for me never to go back to any Eastiny hotel again ... Since I pay for the room, I will decide who I bring to the room, girl, boy, ladyboy, whatever - as long as they are 18 and legal ;-) The PC Police is everywhere these days, even in Sin City, but no reason to support hotels or htoel chains that apply overly restrictive practices like the +20 rule.

This policy is limited to the LK Empress, I had a talk with the staff at the Renaissance today, and was assured that their policy is 18 and above.  Another bad item about the Empress is that they hit you up with a 1000 Baht deposits when you check in.  I doubt that I will be staying here again in the future.

I have stayed at LK Empress many times with no issues like this, must be new policy or someone taking it upon themselves to be the moral police.

As far as deposits, I just give CC to keep on file, never any additional charges as I pay cash for incidentals at checkout.

It what sense is it legal? Prostitution is illegal. Also I understand the drinking age is 21. I understand in Bangkok 'the age' for a prositute for Farang had increased to 20. I was in Rainbow 1 when the Police checked Ids. There was no problem, everyone seemed to understand the new 'rule'. I believe it came about because the local newspapers ran a story about bars having underaged girls (i.e. under 18). The new 'rule' means there can be no misunderstanding. Also it helps the industry with it PR problems.

It what sense is it legal? Prostitution is illegal. Also I understand the drinking age is 21. I understand in Bangkok 'the age' for a prositute for Farang had increased to 20. I was in Rainbow 1 when the Police checked Ids. There was no problem, everyone seemed to understand the new 'rule'. I believe it came about because the local newspapers ran a story about bars having underaged girls (i.e. under 18). The new 'rule' means there can be no misunderstanding. Also it helps the industry with it PR problems.

Prostitution in Thailand is not "illegal".  Although some circumstances around it are, the minimum age is clearly and unambiguously 18.  There is absolutely nothing illegal about paying an 18+ year old girl for sex in the privacy of your hotel room.

What matters to me is that my vacation has no hassles, or problems.  In my home country the minimum age is 18, in Thailand for prostitution it is 18, no problem.  If they want to impliment the same RULES as in Bangkok and raise the age to 20, no problem for me.  All I want to do is avoid bringing a woman back to my hotel and because of a policy that the hotel came up with, refuses her entry, then we have a problem....and I don't want that on my vacation.  I'm more than happy to play by whatever RULES are out there, just don't toss me a curve ball!

Set the RULES be it 18, 20, or even 21, and don't have a hotel policy that is more restrictive and I will spend my money on that hotel.  This is the first and last time I will stay at the LK Empress.

What matters to me is that my vacation has no hassles, or problems.  In my home country the minimum age is 18, in Thailand for prostitution it is 18, no problem.  If they want to impliment the same rules as in Bangkok and raise the age to 20, no problem for me.  All I want to do is avoid bringing a woman back to my hotel and because of a policy that the hotel came up with, refuses her entry, then we have a problem....and I don't want that on my vacation.  I'm more than happy to play by whatever rules are out there, just don't toss me a curve ball!

Set the rules be it 18, 20, or even 21, and don't have a hotel policy that is more restrictive and I will spend my money on that hotel.  This is the first and last time I will stay at the LK Empress.

Indeed.  But there is no difference in the law between Bangkok and Pattaya.  It's just a (very) few hotels that have unilaterally decided to impose a 20+ limit. 

Dont give them business. I dont.  I dont want any hassles.  If she is 18+, leave me alone.

I was in patts 2 weeks ago for 1 month,LK  did stop my girls a couple of times to leave id at desk,but mostly never asked for ids and i had several 18/19 year olds during my stay

What about age restrictions for girls working in a bar. Last time I asked few mamasan on Drinking Street about 18yo working girls and they told me they have to be 20+ to work in beer bar. Not sure if this is true or not?

What about age restrictions for girls working in a bar. Last time I asked few mamasan on Drinking Street about 18yo working girls and they told me they have to be 20+ to work in beer bar. Not sure if this is true or not?

I don't care if the age limit is 25, for the girls to work in a beer bar or gogo, just don't turn me away when I take my of age girl back to the hotel for the night.

20 is the legal age for drinking alcohol in a bar/club. So I'm not surprised if some beer bars only employ 20+ girls. However, 18 is fine for non-drinking work, hence the large number of 18+ gogo dancers who only drink non-alcoholic ladydrinks :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm, was there in December and was confronted to this case with a cute 19y/o I picked up on BR. Fucking ridiculous: I had to follow her to a dirty 1hour loom held by LB... Well in a way that was a fun experience and I don't regret it... But on the other hand I won't stay again at the LK Empress ever again just because of this (and the pool + food aren't that great either...)

Archived