Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A British national taking Thai citizens to the USA.........

Lord Jesus

I'd love to take the Mrs and step daughter to LA to do the tourist thing.... how difficult is it to obtain a visa for a holiday? 

"I am not a Rapist"

John 3:16

Good question. 

I'm a UK citizen living in Thailand on an extension of stay & work permit, and I was thinking of taking my Laos girlfriend with me for a short holiday to visit my mate in California.  The thought of having to get her a US visitor's visa is off-putting though...

I'd love to take the Mrs and step daughter to LA to do the tourist thing.... how difficult is it to obtain a visa for a holiday? 

Took me less that 3 weeks and that is because I wanted to leave the interview for 2 weeks so she could get her information together. I got my permit/visa on line as a British passport holder then the Mrs applied for hers. At the USA embassy she had to go in alone, waited 2 hours to reach the interview desk, (yes she had an appointment 555 but!). Interview took about 9 minutes and she got a 10 year multi entry which arrive by post 3 days later.

Over-all it was simple and straight forward, we were not seeking a 10 year multi entry but it is what she was given. In the information on line it does not ask you to bring any special paper work just that which you feel will support your case. In her case she made two files, one with originals and the other photocopies in case they wanted them. She got questioned by a US national in both Thai and English and felt it was very easy and straight forward.

Took me less that 3 weeks and that is because I wanted to leave the interview for 2 weeks so she could get her information together. I got my permit/visa on line as a British passport holder then the Mrs applied for hers. At the USA embassy she had to go in alone, waited 2 hours to reach the interview desk, (yes she had an appointment 555 but!). Interview took about 9 minutes and she got a 10 year multi entry which arrive by post 3 days later.

Over-all it was simple and straight forward, we were not seeking a 10 year multi entry but it is what she was given. In the information on line it does not ask you to bring any special paper work just that which you feel will support your case. In her case she made two files, one with originals and the other photocopies in case they wanted them. She got questioned by a US national in both Thai and English and felt it was very easy and straight forward.

Top man.....Thank you.  :GoldenSmile1: 

i'm going back to the UK in May for a holiday with them, so i'd imagine that will help her cause too....

"I am not a Rapist"

Top man.....Thank you.  :GoldenSmile1: 

i'm going back to the UK in May for a holiday with them, so i'd imagine that will help her cause too....

Absolutely it will, if you want to know what information the Mrs took PM me. Funny enough UK can be harder to get a visa but is simplified if you have already qualified for a USofA one, so I suspect the reverse is true as well.

Absolutely it will, if you want to know what information the Mrs took PM me. Funny enough UK can be harder to get a visa but is simplified if you have already qualified for a USofA one, so I suspect the reverse is true as well.

Will do mate. It's year or two away. I also checked flights from Bkk to Florida, United are about 40,000 baht per person which is not bad at all. It's a 28 hour trip through Japan, LAX,JFK to Florida, but could do a few weeks in LA area then two in Florida to break it up.

Thanks again fella :D

"I am not a Rapist"

UK citizens can come into the US on the visa waiver program. 90 days no visa needed. Thai citizens need a b-2 visitors visa. Apply with the state department.

UK citizens can come into the US on the visa waiver program. 90 days no visa needed. Thai citizens need a b-2 visitors visa. Apply with the state department.

Cheers :GoldenSmile1:  I've been to the States a lot of times, I've worked there too for a few big companies so know the score :D

"I am not a Rapist"

What about Laos citizens?

Is there a requirement to speak English if they just want a 2-week visitor's visa and are accompanying an English speaker?

I did that online, almost instantaneous. My wife applied on line also and set up her appointment date at the same time. She was required to pay the fee via the Thai post office from which she got a receipt and had to produce when she went for her interview.

I did that online, almost instantaneous. My wife applied on line also and set up her appointment date at the same time. She was required to pay the fee via the Thai post office from which she got a receipt and had to produce when she went for her interview.

Your wife have a Thai passport?  I have heard it is difficult for Thai women to get visas, that they need to provide documentation of work history, bank accts, home/land ownership, basically stuff that keeps the average bar girl from getting a visa, true?

Thanks Cerberus

Your wife have a Thai passport?  I have heard it is difficult for Thai women to get visas, that they need to provide documentation of work history, bank accts, home/land ownership, basically stuff that keeps the average bar girl from getting a visa, true?

Thanks Cerberus

Hi Daddee, yes she is a Thai national therefore travels on a Thai passport. She showed no work history as she is a full time Mrs  :Evil_Grin2: The paperwork she assembled was in support of her application but not requested, for instance she compiled a list of her foreign travels, where, when and how long and took her passport and a copy of my passport along showing matching visa's to demonstrate we had traveled together. Marriage license, original and a copy in both English and Thai. Bank statement for the previous 6 months and a Bank book + copies. etc. etc. During her interview they only looked at her passport, my copy and the bank book, every-time she made a statement in support of her application she produced documentary evidence from her file. 90% of the time is was waved away as unnecessary. She was prepared to be questioned and expected to be asked the same question in Thai and English during the interview and she was. 

I think it is a case of; preparation and planning prevents piss poor performance.  She felt that apart from the long wait it was simple and that she was treated politely.

Hi Daddee, yes she is a Thai national therefore travels on a Thai passport. She showed no work history as she is a full time Mrs  :Evil_Grin2: The paperwork she assembled was in support of her application but not requested, for instance she compiled a list of her foreign travels, where, when and how long and took her passport and a copy of my passport along showing matching visa's to demonstrate we had traveled together. Marriage license, original and a copy in both English and Thai. Bank statement for the previous 6 months and a Bank book + copies. etc. etc. During her interview they only looked at her passport, my copy and the bank book, every-time she made a statement in support of her application she produced documentary evidence from her file. 90% of the time is was waved away as unnecessary. She was prepared to be questioned and expected to be asked the same question in Thai and English during the interview and she was. 

I think it is a case of; preparation and planning prevents piss poor performance.  She felt that apart from the long wait it was simple and that she was treated politely.

interesting...  thanks!!!

Archived