Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

"Dead Spot" on my screen where my mouse won't work, weird...

Daddee

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this nagging issue that has come up for me with my pc?  I have tried everything and searched the web, and cannot figure this one out...

My mouse stops working in a particular area on my screen, doesn't matter what mouse, what browser or software, I cannot scroll or click on things in an area that is in the middle and a bit to the left on my desktop... I have to scroll the page up or down in order to complete the clicking I am doing, and it is driving me nuts!  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sounds like your video card or motherboard has a problem . 

Sounds like your video card or motherboard has a problem . 

ya, it's an older pc, I should take it in, need more memory too...  thanks, mate!

ya, it's an older pc, I should take it in, need more memory too...  thanks, mate!

Does this happen in all programs and environments, or just your browser? Often times, it isn't in fact a dead spot, but rather an poorly coded browser extension or plugin that has an invisible element on the top level that is blocking clicks to visible items beneath it. If it is just your browser, try disabling all add-ons to see if that resolves the issue. If it does work after that, turn on the add-ons one by one until you find the culprit. Test would be to open MS Paint and see if you can color in the area where the dead spot occurs. If it avoids that area, then you certainly have a nasty problem. 

Hardware failure is a possibility, particularly if you have a Compaq laptop (some been known to have similar issues). You can eliminate the easy solutions right away: If testing on multiple optical mice, are you using a mousepad or at least uniform color surface? If using wireless mice, is the receiver close enough? If none of those, and also not a browser issue, then you might have something more serious. 

Congrats on the Seahawks, BTW. As a Patriots fan, I was very happy with the Superbowl results.  

Does this happen in all programs and environments, or just your browser? Often times, it isn't in fact a dead spot, but rather an poorly coded browser extension or plugin that has an invisible element on the top level that is blocking clicks to visible items beneath it. If it is just your browser, try disabling all add-ons to see if that resolves the issue. If it does work after that, turn on the add-ons one by one until you find the culprit. Test would be to open MS Paint and see if you can color in the area where the dead spot occurs. If it avoids that area, then you certainly have a nasty problem. 

Hardware failure is a possibility, particularly if you have a Compaq laptop (some been known to have similar issues). You can eliminate the easy solutions right away: If testing on multiple optical mice, are you using a mousepad or at least uniform color surface? If using wireless mice, is the receiver close enough? If none of those, and also not a browser issue, then you might have something more serious. 

Congrats on the Seahawks, BTW. As a Patriots fan, I was very happy with the Superbowl results.

Thanks... yes it happens with all programs... I just bought new laptop to replace the old thing, haha!

Thanks... yes it happens with all programs... I just bought new laptop to replace the old thing, haha!

Well that's a decisive repair! Nothing better than starting with a brand new device. 

Well that's a decisive repair! Nothing better than starting with a brand new device. 

thanks, I am backing up stuff onto an external 1T hard drive... once the new laptop gets here and I have it up and fully replacing my pc, I will take the pc in for repair...

the new laptop has a 1T hard drive too, amazing...  and 6gb of memory...  dvd burner etc etc...  for 500 bucks...  Lenovo...

It wouldn't be a graphics card issue that would only effect the display, not the mouse clicks registering. Sounds like the beginning to motherboard issues to me. Wipe the drives, reinstall the OS and update all drivers. See if that fixes it. If not, replace the mobo. $100 down the drain :P

It wouldn't be a graphics card issue that would only effect the display, not the mouse clicks registering. Sounds like the beginning to motherboard issues to me. Wipe the drives, reinstall the OS and update all drivers. See if that fixes it. If not, replace the mobo. $100 down the drain :P

I have backed up all my important stuff to an external hard drive, and have new laptop coming monday, when I get everything working the way I want on laptop, the pc goes into the shop...

thanks.

Archived