IGNORED

My first story in pattaya people- death traps in Pattaya roads

LaaMok

Today i went to have a meeting with the owner of Pattaya people and try to get him on our site and to notify the Pattaya expats club as they are massive here in Pattaya.

As i was going to the office i noticed a huge hole in the road at Pattaya Thai... I thought fuck me that is dangerous, when the sun has gone down tonight so will somebody down the hole. I stopped to take a photo.

When i got to the office they quickly asked for a copy of the photo and a beauty that worked there came with me to the scene of the road collapse. This time the car had gone and people were driving within inches of it, seemingly not bothered by it at all.

Ah well video and photos were took but at least the hole may get sorted soon. The guy sitting next to me in this cafe, said they'll put a bucket in it til it gets sorted.. i wonder how much more of the sewer will collapse on pattaya thai. Shit i wish i had a photo of the thai girl.

The hole isnt much of a story until someone ditches there front wheel in it and is catapulted. Fingers crossed it dont happen tonight.

IMG_2891.JPG

I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you that www.pattayapeople.com have a new designed website, it may have been like that for some time, but i only just noticed!!

Before i didnt bother with it.. but now it looks pretty good!!

Stick a couple of old tyres in it, that will sort it out for a few years. :D:Raspberry6::D

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

Stick a couple of old tyres in it, that will sort it out for a few years. :D:Raspberry6::D

Exactly, you should be working for the council here, they would love your ideas.

Exactly, you should be working for the council here, they would love your ideas.

Have you not noticed many of the manhole grating is wedged in with old tyres?

Edited by Cennn3

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

Now they know , how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Great photo bryan, you should of posed next to the hole with a pattaya-addicts t-shirt

quoting: Not every hole is a goal

:D

Just get some polyfilla, that will fix it ;-)

They should chuck a few of those Indian tailors in the hole to fill it in. There are plenty of them going spare.

Testicles

There where some gypsies in the local they have gone now. Maybe gone to fill it with old tarmac.

Pothole or what ,,the safety of the roads and pedestrians crossing should be of high importance to the governor of chonburi i dont think people crossing 2nd road being knocked over playing with their lives is good publicity to encourage "the family type" to frequent

Only thing I'm scared of, wrecking my car in some hidden giant pothole!

These drain covers on Siam country club road worry me a lot, every so often they disintegrate and are perfectly capable of inflicting some serious damage, or even serious injury in the case of motorbikes!

I drove past last night and someone had shoved a wooden pole in the hole with a bit of cloth on the top.. me thinks problem has now been ticked off!!! lol

• 7 months later...

I was going to ask the question: why are the roads so poorly built and maintained here? But then I know the answer: it's simply corruption (ersatz material or not enough of it) coupled with shoddy civil engineering (e.g. not enough ballast in the road structure). There are some roads off Sukhumvit (up Siam country club way) that seem to develop lethal pot holes just weeks after the road has been repaired or resurfaced.

Verbum sat sapienti est.