Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bill Padding @ Cabbages & Condoms

ASIA_SEXPAT

I went for valentines dinner with my GF tonight at Cabbages & Condoms. I usually take a mental note of the prices of the items I order, so when the bill came with a total of 929 baht it seemed a little high.

I knew there was tax and SC added, so I just handed over 1000 assuming it was correct. I became a little suspicious though when no change was returned. We dined at 10pm, so it wasn't very busy by that time. I had to ask for my change when it arrived I still only received 70, not 71.

There was no copy of the receipt, only the change so I decided to grab a menu and check the prices. I was correct.. I had been overcharged by 120 baht. I took it up with the cashier at the front desk and she wasn't very happy about me questioning the bill.

Eventually a manager was called and I got my 120 refunded after he did some calculations.

The food is fantastic here.. I would have never expected bill padding in a place like this. Perhaps it was just an error, but isn't the cashier supposed to pick up on these errors?

Just a reminder that we should always check the bill and the change.   

Quality of Service has always been a problem here.

Mosquitos too.. you get eaten alive out on the decks. There must be something they can do about that. Last night I took mosquito repellent. 

Mosquitos too.. you get eaten alive out on the decks. There must be something they can do about that. Last night I took mosquito repellent. 

I would always prefer to use my own protection against mosquitoes, than the restaurants start using that awful smoke coils.

I no longer eat in the Beer Garden due to the overuse of those coils.

I went last trip and although an impressive place, the mosquitoes won hands down for any return trip.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

bill padding can happen anywhere.... all it takes is just one bad staff member.... its not really representative of that establishment, unless its actually being condoned/allowed by the manager, which is doubtful.

Quality of Service has always been a problem here.

i have only eaten there once, but the service was just fine, they were pleasant and attentive..... the food took quite awhile to come out, but i attributed that to us getting there right when they opened for dinner, still getting everything fired up.

food was pretty good, and the view was excellent..... don't remember any issues with mosquitos... but certain days they seem to be out worse than others.

1554447_10200485375011706_1092033842_n.j

Archived