IGNORED

Transfer photos from Samsung Android to Computer.

Billyboy294

I am trying to transfer Photos from my Samsung S3 to computer  via a memory card. I have put the memory card into a Memory Card Reader and plugged into USB port.  on My Computer it now lists "Removable Disc (but shows no capacity.

When i try to Open 'Removable Disc' i get message 'Insert Disc into Drive I'  What do i do now.?

Is it possible the photos are in the device and nothing in the memory card and if so how can i get  them into the Memory Card.

PS: i just checked, the photos do go to Memory card.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

What operating system are you on? I had this this week with a lad at work trying to load songs using XP, wouldn't work.

Tried with windows 7 and worked.

Can't you just plug your S3 directly to your computer?

(im using the S4 and it is much easier, you can acces your sd card and your phones memory)

Install 'Dropbox' onto your pc and phone. any photos you take can be accessed from either device.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

Can't you just plug your S3 directly to your computer?

(im using the S4 and it is much easier, you can acces your sd card and your phones memory)

This will work on Windows 7 and newer without much fuss, but may require a bit of driver tweaking in XP and older.  Connect to computer, select "mount as drive" or similar prompt on your handset, then it acts like a removable hard drive.  Windows 7 will automatically install drivers if required. XP may require you to do the driver install manually.  

As for the card reader, is it a multiple format reader (ie. does CF, XD, SD, and MicroSD)?  If so, you have to make sure you are selecting the right drive letter.  Selecting one that doesn't actually have media in it will prompt that message. My only other guess would be if the microSD has a physical lock on it like a full sized SD card. I've never seen one like that, but they could exist.  

try installing something like airdroid

+1 for transferring a few things with as least fuss as possible, but if GBs then direct connection/access is obviously faster.

Thanks for the many replies.

I have XP 3 (copy)  and the memory card in Memory Reader/USB  did not work But it worked several times in the past.

I tried connecting Samsung to USB and while the phone ‘said’ ‘connected to a media device’ and it appeared on the list under My Computer, it would not open

I then connected Samsung to my Acer netbook (Win 7 home pro) and after a spell it was recognized but had a problem finding what I wanted as all the photos appeared as ‘Scenes’ and had to be opened one by one to see what they were and find the one I wanted.. Perhaps  because I am not used to Win 7 I could not see a way to make them ‘thumbnails” as  is easy with XP   Incidently  my Acer Aspire made in USA does not have Bluetooth device

Had a job finding the 2 photos I wanted which had been transferred via Bluetooth from a girl’s phone. Appears in a Bluetooth Folder in the Samsung. On Win 7 after right-click on photo I could not see ‘Copy to' and list of which Folder to copy to  (as in XP) but with the help of a friend , Used Drag and Drop.

Copied photos to a USB and then to my Desktop and now printing out the photos.

I went back later to transfer some more photos from Samsung to Netbook but got message “Device software has not been installed” and then “USB Device not recognized”

I think I was successful in using Memory Card Reader in Netbook before so I will try that later.

Thanks again for replies.

Try installing the Samsung software onto the computer: Kies. You should then be able to connect the phone to the computer.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Try installing the Samsung software onto the computer: Kies. You should then be able to connect the phone to the computer.

+1  the computer should then recognise the samsung file system 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

When i bought an Samsung Android phone a few years ago it came with a disc Samsung New PC Suite and i installed this when i bought the S3 a few weeks ago but this did not seem to help.

However i had a quick look just now and i think you have to install or open some more parts of it. Item 4 seems to be what i need.

Samsung Studio.jpg

When i bought an Samsung Android phone a few years ago it came with a disc Samsung New PC Suite and i installed this when i bought the S3 a few weeks ago but this did not seem to help.

However i had a quick look just now and i think you have to install or open some more parts of it. Item 4 seems to be what i need.

attachicon.gifSamsung Studio.jpg

It probably doesn't support the phone. Download Kies as I suggested in my last post (with a link) as it will support the phone.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

kies is hard wok

I don't know what is hard about installing the software and then plugging the phone in. It is software specifically designed to work with Samsung devices. I believe it also contains drivers so that it can be connected as a USB drive.

I don't know what is hard about installing the software and then plugging the phone in. It is software specifically designed to work with Samsung devices. I believe it also contains drivers so that it can be connected as a USB drive.

I got so frustrated with Kies not connecting the phone, if you google its a common problem people have.Terrible bit of software. MoboGenie connected traight away interface is good

• 6 months later...

when using xp it pays to ensure you have all the latest service packs and updates

sorry you can get these from Microsoft windows website

strange, i do it without kies, just use charger lead into usb, on mobile samsung just connect as media device.

pc screen open 'my computer'

click the media device phone icon, voila, youre in, click folder where your photos are and drag and drop.

failing that just fricking email yourself. :-)

Archived