IGNORED

Dirtbikes Pattaya

Theaceface

Know a good place where to buy a dirtbike/Motox bike in or around Pattaya? Looking for a KTM or KLX 125 or 250cc?

Are any of you guy's into this sport in Pattaya, if so where do you ride?

Ace

Dont know the guy but there is a dirt bike shop on the way to Siam Country club Som motorsports, there is a track opposite Bira circuit and I believe they are building an off-road center there too.

Used to race in the UK, schoolboy, ACU adult then another spell in the AMCA after that went road racing, that really hurts when you fall off. Been round Bira in a respectable time but not been off road for some years, heard there is a good super-moto scene here also, but until such time as I can afford a hobby I stay well away from anything that can get me excited enough to spend money.

Dont know the guy but there is a dirt bike shop on the way to Siam Country club Som motorsports, there is a track opposite Bira circuit and I believe they are building an off-road center there too.

Used to race in the UK, schoolboy, ACU adult then another spell in the AMCA after that went road racing, that really hurts when you fall off. Been round Bira in a respectable time but not been off road for some years, heard there is a good super-moto scene here also, but until such time as I can afford a hobby I stay well away from anything that can get me excited enough to spend money.

I know where your coming from there, expensive hobby, I have been to Soms, bit pricy though for what I need, as they are imported. I will contact KTM when I am home, I heard they had a base in Chon Buri. Will have to check that circuit out for a bit of fun. Also looking to by an ATV 50cc for my son,

Off topic T2D but have you checked your emails, I sent you some pics regarding some design work.....ring any bells? I will stop by your shop when I get back from work in a couple of weeks.

Ace

I know where your coming from there, expensive hobby, I have been to Soms, bit pricy though for what I need, as they are imported. I will contact KTM when I am home, I heard they had a base in Chon Buri. Will have to check that circuit out for a bit of fun. Also looking to by an ATV 50cc for my son,

Off topic T2D but have you checked your emails, I sent you some pics regarding some design work.....ring any bells? I will stop by your shop when I get back from work in a couple of weeks.

Ace

T shirt design? If so will reply shortly, if something else then no....

Expensive all over the world, my last competitive season was 50k sterling, I was very nearly baited into getting back into racing at the Thai Supercar rounds in the superbike race, there's a few ex-pats racing round claiming to be on a par with national riders (you know livin the dream!) having never ridden a track other than Bira, as an ex national rider who had not been round a track for some 18 months my speed perception was slightly off that added fuel to the fire.

Within a few weeks they were not so keen to be within half a lap of me so I guess I was looking faster, then it was "my toys you no play no more".

I priced a season up and to be honest, very expensive, could not bring my self to buy a standard 04 R1 for the same money I could have got a championship winning tricked 05 bike in the UK. I was gutted.

Turned out to be quite a funny season though, some ex pro Thai rider came out of the woodwork on A Yamaha OW01 from the late 80's, he absolutely kicked their arses and they were all on gixers and Z1000's, one of them actually phoned me to see if riding such an old bike was against the rules and as such an unfair advantage!! Something to do with the availability of parts.... "so let me get this straight, you want to complain because this guy is beating you on a bike from the previous decade and you see him as having an unfair advantage? He wouldn't be able to beat you on a modern bike?" silence as a reply is golden and I proceeded to howl with laughter down the phone, I never heard from him again....

Your call, its your money, if for fun then I think there are going to be some good facilities very soon, if it's to race then it's going to be a funny sort of paddock, where as I am retiring at 43 the ex pats seem to be starting!

* I was seriously going to go and race one of those Kawasaki 110's in BKK, they bore them out to 200 aand trick them up for about 70k, good value for money, 90 kilo farang 110 Kawasaki, but a broken arm put paid to that idea*

T shirt design? If so will reply shortly, if something else then no....

Expensive all over the world, my last competitive season was 50k sterling, I was very nearly baited into getting back into racing at the Thai Supercar rounds in the superbike race, there's a few ex-pats racing round claiming to be on a par with national riders (you know livin the dream!) having never ridden a track other than Bira, as an ex national rider who had not been round a track for some 18 months my speed perception was slightly off that added fuel to the fire.

Within a few weeks they were not so keen to be within half a lap of me so I guess I was looking faster, then it was "my toys you no play no more".

I priced a season up and to be honest, very expensive, could not bring my self to buy a standard 04 R1 for the same money I could have got a championship winning tricked 05 bike in the UK. I was gutted.

Turned out to be quite a funny season though, some ex pro Thai rider came out of the woodwork on A Yamaha OW01 from the late 80's, he absolutely kicked their arses and they were all on gixers and Z1000's, one of them actually phoned me to see if riding such an old bike was against the rules and as such an unfair advantage!! Something to do with the availability of parts.... "so let me get this straight, you want to complain because this guy is beating you on a bike from the previous decade and you see him as having an unfair advantage? He wouldn't be able to beat you on a modern bike?" silence as a reply is golden and I proceeded to howl with laughter down the phone, I never heard from him again....

Your call, its your money, if for fun then I think there are going to be some good facilities very soon, if it's to race then it's going to be a funny sort of paddock, where as I am retiring at 43 the ex pats seem to be starting!

* I was seriously going to go and race one of those Kawasaki 110's in BKK, they bore them out to 200 aand trick them up for about 70k, good value for money, 90 kilo farang 110 Kawasaki, but a broken arm put paid to that idea*

T-Shirts...that's the one mate.

I will come and see you when I get back, we will have to have a few beers and go on about bikes and x-box and Amsterdam bars hehehe. Better if I talk you through the designs mate. Hopefully you can help.

Regarding the bikes, I do like the racing bikes but do not trust myself on them. Thats why I want to stick with Motox just for fun, Got a reply from KTM Thailand they are wanting 250000 Baht up for a 125cc. Peng Mak.

Have you heard of Orion (cheap and cheerful) from China www.apollovehicle.com I may just settle for one of these to ruin.

You will have to let us know where the Bira circuit is.....heard of it but never been.

...some cheap dirtbikes are for sale new/second hand at Platinum dealer 3rd Road opposite Xynte disco.

...I saw 175 cc fairly new at 30.000 bath outside Platinum two weeks ago.

Tatt2dude

I think you'll find the Bira bike racing scene has changed abit of late. The thai guy I think your talking of, Bird, now rides a tricked out gixxer and even more so than ever can't be touched. All day open track days which run every couple of months attract around 70 bikes, nearly all the riders are Thai. Quite a few of them now are really quite fast. I disagree with your decription of the aging expat riders though. Myself and most of my mates are motorcycle enthusiasts. We ride the track days and do the odd race if we're around. We don't expect to win anything but just enjoy the experiance, what's wrong with that ?

The guys your describing I think are from a few years ago when hardly anyone was riding, so yes they probably thought they were fast because they hadn't seen anyone faster. Not so now, in recent weeks I've seen the petronas race team on tricked out 600's doing 1.06's and then we saw the Japanese 600cc champion doing 1.04's before getting bored and going home. Although this year there are potentially 3 race series going it's not like a racing season in England or something. The Thai boys are hungry for those trophys and a lot of those that should be in the A grade drop down to the B grade to make sure they get a trophy and they even had a C grade in the last race I went in with half the B grade guys dropping down to that grade to get a trophy. Having said all that who cares. In my race there were 4 us all fighting it out somewhere near the back of the pack, to see us carrying on at the end you would have thought we had won. Although we never won anything and to some peoples standard weren't that fast, we had an absolute blast and were still buzzing about it days after.

• 2 weeks later...
Tatt2dude

I think you'll find the Bira bike racing scene has changed abit of late. The thai guy I think your talking of, Bird, now rides a tricked out gixxer and even more so than ever can't be touched. All day open track days which run every couple of months attract around 70 bikes, nearly all the riders are Thai. Quite a few of them now are really quite fast. I disagree with your decription of the aging expat riders though. Myself and most of my mates are motorcycle enthusiasts. We ride the track days and do the odd race if we're around. We don't expect to win anything but just enjoy the experiance, what's wrong with that ?

The guys your describing I think are from a few years ago when hardly anyone was riding, so yes they probably thought they were fast because they hadn't seen anyone faster. Not so now, in recent weeks I've seen the petronas race team on tricked out 600's doing 1.06's and then we saw the Japanese 600cc champion doing 1.04's before getting bored and going home. Although this year there are potentially 3 race series going it's not like a racing season in England or something. The Thai boys are hungry for those trophys and a lot of those that should be in the A grade drop down to the B grade to make sure they get a trophy and they even had a C grade in the last race I went in with half the B grade guys dropping down to that grade to get a trophy. Having said all that who cares. In my race there were 4 us all fighting it out somewhere near the back of the pack, to see us carrying on at the end you would have thought we had won. Although we never won anything and to some peoples standard weren't that fast, we had an absolute blast and were still buzzing about it days after.

Well it's great to see they have been made honest!

No offense intended I was describing a couple of years ago and as you have picked up a particular circle of people. To be honest with you they put me off getting involved, they knew everything, they were super fast heroes and as I said in my post after 18 months off a bike my performance just poured petrol on the fire. The Thai guys were fine and a pleasure to be around in the main but it was too much to watch this lot on the latest machinery claiming skill was getting them at the front. Safety was also an issue with what I was doing at the time, I didnt walk away from over 20 years of racing in one piece to ride round Bira on an R6 pissing coolant trying to chase down a guy on a GSXR 750 which was leaking oil from a previously bent gear shaft, in my opinion someone was going to get hurt and I told them in no uncertain terms. If you play with bikes sooner or later it will hurt anyway, you dont need mechanical help.

I miss the adrenaline and only wish I could afford a toy of my own, I know exactly where your at with it, been there myself and more power to you. If ever you want a hand with set-up, riding style or just want to talk call by the studio and I will get the photo album out. Not saying I am an expert on everything but I did pick up a bit of knowledge in my time that I may be able to pass on.... but only if your interested.