Happy SIM - how long please

Jason G

ok, got my sim in August,

had 10 weeks till i went back for another 2 weeks

number worked fine again

been 13 weeks today since i left and go back in another 3

just checked my SMSs from Happy

one of them says valid till 7 Feb 2014

i seem to remember that i read somewhere that once that date passes (7 Feb 2014) i have 1 month more until the number is dead - is that correct?

Im back on March 1st which will be before the extra month is over

so am i ok or should i get someone to top it up?

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

If my memory is correct you have 4 weeks. Your balance is preserved for two weeks. After that the SIM is still active but the credit is gone.

If you have roaming and have credit on it you may be able to extend the credit validity. Instructions are here. It will cost 2 Baht to extend for 30 days. However, since it has already expired it may be too late.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If my memory is correct you have 4 weeks. Your balance is preserved for two weeks. After that the SIM is still active but the credit is gone.

If you have roaming and have credit on it you may be able to extend the credit validity. Instructions are here. It will cost 2 Baht to extend for 30 days. However, since it has already expired it may be too late.

I just checked and it appears that I am wrong or more likely they have changed it. The credit will be refunded for 30 days after expiration on topup. After the 30 days the credit is gone and you have 15 days to topup. After a total of 45 days the service is terminated. So you will be OK.

Source

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I just checked and it appears that I am wrong or more likely they have changed it. The credit will be refunded for 30 days after expiration on topup. After the 30 days the credit is gone and you have 15 days to topup. After a total of 45 days the service is terminated. So you will be OK.

Source

Can i ask what sim would be better for me on arrival at swampy march11th..I have an unlocked smartphone(samsung)

When in bangers in nov bought a true-move sim but never went to 7/11 to put credit on it(i take it the nr is dead now)

Is the true-move H sim a better option (a tourist sim i believe) or should i go with a happy sim?

Only reason i ask is if on arrival cannot locate Mr t taxi,.....and what shop at swampy?

try keep your sim care alive if expired by using Happy online top up but problem is you must have thai bank account to top up. I tried to top up with Irish credit card on AIS top up but wont work. Eventually done with thai account top up.

try keep your sim care alive if expired by using Happy online top up but problem is you must have thai bank account to top up.

Not anymore, I've been using Aussie credit card since at least last July.

Prior to them accepting farang credit cards I used to use this mob.

Edit: Sorry jocky, missed the part you mentioned AIS. For DTAC just use official online site, if AIS is still not accepting foreign credit cards you can use the link to the mob I used to use (or better, to avoid the commission from the 3rd party mob, just buy multiple topups from 7/11 before you leave or get a friend to buy them for you in country).

go to Big C Extra on Central Road. pay 200 bhats at DTAC shop and your phone is valid for 12 months. Then everytime you top up you still have 12 months credit.

Explain thay you need 12 months which is the maximum allowed. pay the 200 credit on phone and have continual 12 months after each top up.

Not anymore, I've been using Aussie credit card since at least last July.

Prior to them accepting farang credit cards I used to use this mob.

Edit: Sorry jocky, missed the part you mentioned AIS. For DTAC just use official online site, if AIS is still not accepting foreign credit cards you can use the link to the mob I used to use (or better, to avoid the commission from the 3rd party mob, just buy multiple topups from 7/11 before you leave or get a friend to buy them for you in country).

Thanks for the advice, my Thai bank SCB is topping up my one to call (AIS) for me, done that as a test last week with success, now valid up to August, will top up again in July.

Source

sweet, thanks for that mate :)

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

Can i ask what sim would be better for me on arrival at swampy march11th..I have an unlocked smartphone(samsung)

When in bangers in nov bought a true-move sim but never went to 7/11 to put credit on it(i take it the nr is dead now)

Is the true-move H sim a better option (a tourist sim i believe) or should i go with a happy sim?

Only reason i ask is if on arrival cannot locate Mr t taxi,.....and what shop at swampy?

There is not much difference between the carriers so any will do. If you are travelling to Thailand at least ever 12 months you may like to use Dtac. The reason is that once you have recharged enough (can't remember the amount but it is not much) you can extend the validity of the credit and SIM by up to 1 year. I gave the instructions for this in my first post in this thread.

There is not much difference between the carriers so any will do. If you are travelling to Thailand at least ever 12 months you may like to use Dtac. The reason is that once you have recharged enough (can't remember the amount but it is not much) you can extend the validity of the credit and SIM by up to 1 year. I gave the instructions for this in my first post in this thread.

Ok..thanks for that ...

• 1 month later...

Archived