Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beef & Onion Sandwich.. Sooooo Good!

ASIA_SEXPAT

A friend put me onto this Vietnamese style Beef & Onion sandwich at Saigon Bistro, 6th floor, Central Festival. 

I can't tell you how good it is.. Fresh crusty bread, slow cooked tender beef without the fat, fresh lettuce and something like mayonnaise, which sets off the taste perfectly. As you bite into it the juice the beef is cooked in runs onto the plate. It's so good you'll want to lick the plate clean afterward. 

Only 128 baht ++ includes a small bowl of onion soup. 

Grab some cold spring rolls too.. They're available with shrimp or pork.. taste fantastic and only 88 baht for two. 

Just for the record I'm in no way affiliated with this restaurant. It's currently my favorite place to eat and I don't want to see them go bust. 

Beef and Onion Roll.jpg

Got to admit it looks good, I admit to being a cheap Charlie so what stops me from using places in malls is the add ons like prices without taxes, service charge etc.

Got to admit it looks good, I admit to being a cheap Charlie so what stops me from using places in malls is the add ons like prices without taxes, service charge etc.

Yeah I hear ya.. I'm a cheap charlie too and normally eat at cheap Thai eateries. You'll get hit with both tax and SC here, but it doesn't add up to much on a 128 baht sandwich. 

A friend put me onto this Vietnamese style Beef & Onion sandwich at Saigon Bistro, 6th floor, Central Festival. 

I can't tell you how good it is.. Fresh crusty bread, slow cooked tender beef without the fat, fresh lettuce and something like mayonnaise, which sets off the taste perfectly. As you bite into it the juice the beef is cooked in runs onto the plate. It's so good you'll want to lick the plate clean afterward. 

Grab some cold spring rolls too.. They're available with shrimp or pork.. taste fantastic and only 88 baht for two. 

Just for the record I'm in no way affiliated with this restaurant. It's currently my favorite place to eat and I don't want to see them go bust. 

attachicon.gifBeef and Onion Roll.jpg

Looks like i know what i am doing for lunch today!

Skeeter, keep a tight grip on your buns this time, you dont want them thrown out by mistake.see u tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendation A.S, I had this a couple of days ago. After your review my expectations were already high, but they were exceeded! 

As you say, when you bite in the beef juice runs onto the plate, I was mopping up the juice with the bread as I went along. One of the best sandwiches I've had in my life (no exaggeration). 10/10. 

Thanks for the recommendation A.S, I had this a couple of days ago. After your review my expectations were already high, but they were exceeded! 

As you say, when you bite in the beef juice runs onto the plate, I was mopping up the juice with the bread as I went along. One of the best sandwiches I've had in my life (no exaggeration). 10/10. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.. I'm hooked on this sandwich too. It shits all over Subway. 

One thing I forgot to mention is the two small slices of red chili they sneak in.. Not a major problem, but it can catch you by surprise. 

attachicon.gifBeef and Onion Roll.jpg

Looks good,I'll be there to try it start of May.

Robw

I popped in and tried it and can confirm that it's a very good sandwich.

The beef isn't the most tender I've ever had, but it's not tough either.

It's the taste that gets a 10/10 from me.

That looks DAMN good!  

I'm keeping this in mind for my next trip -- booked to stay right by Central Festival, so this sounds like a quick, easy, cheap and delicious meal!

• 4 weeks later...

That looks really good I love a nice beef sandwich.

I will definitely try this restaurant out next time I am in Pattaya.

Archived