Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

new Click .. what do you think ?

bedbandit

im thinking about buying a brand new click .... (cant find a good 2nd hand one)

new  model click is 50k on the road

the BRAND new model click is 55k ,  that model has the duel brake and on/off switch , do u think thats worth an extra 5k?  is there any other differences . the girl didn't speak to much English in honda 

do any of the new bikes have start/ stop  like they have on new cars ?

thanks

Dont worry about the idle/stop combi brake option, but the mag wheels are worth the extra 2k IMO

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

• 2 months later...

You won't go wrong with the click. I would pay the extra 5k for the dual brakes alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I've rented new Clicks my last two trips. I come from a large displacement sport bike background. The new Click has very responsive handling, not much body English needed to get it to maneuver, unlike a PCX or Nuevo Elegance. The suspension is relatively taut, with good communication between the wheels and driver, not floaty at all. The acceleration is brisk from the get go, faster than most other step through bikes. The linked brakes saved my butt several times when riding distracted by the girls on BR. I like them (the linked brakes). There's enough storage space for two cheap helmets under the seat, out of the rain.

The new Click has two negatives. First, the rear shock absorber is shite, it transfers every sharp edged bump directly to your spine. The second Click I had sported a YSS shock absorber and the ride was firm, controlled and comfortable. The second negative that both bikes had was a bog or flat spot just off idle when starting off, warm or cold, from a stop. It got progressively worse with both bikes. It was just annoying until the hesitation almost had a taxi driver run into me when crossing Third Road.

I would get a new Click only if it came with the YSS shock absorber and other new Click owners say the hesitation could be sorted out. The stop-start motor is said to be available with the top of the line model, along with the cast wheels. With Pattaya's increasingly long traffic lights the start-stop saves fuel and keeps the engine cooler by not idling for long periods. The tubeless wheels are a lot lighter than the spoked ones with tubes so handling, acceleration, braking and suspension compliance are improved.

Test ride or rent one to see if it suits you.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I rented a click on my last trip. I really liked it. The step thru was nice as well, and good for baggage. It was easy to handle, had good acceleration and overall, a nice bike. Good under seat storage. As far as the red lights go, I just shut it off and restarted when the light turned green. I would rent another for sure.

I rode one two up from Krabi to Phuket round trip... good bike.  Averaged 90 - 110km by speedo.  Good for highway driving.  Not as well put together as an Airblade but quicker and the step through does provide good room for luggage.  Only problem with the Click is some of the components are cheaply made and I am not sure about the longevity of the bike.  Otherwise a lot of bike for the money.  I wouldn't worry too much about the combi brake or the shut off switch.  If riding very poor roads I might go for a non step through underbone oriented bike.

im thinking about buying a brand new click .... (cant find a good 2nd hand one)

new  model click is 50k on the road

the BRAND new model click is 55k ,  that model has the duel brake and on/off switch , do u think thats worth an extra 5k?  is there any other differences . the girl didn't speak to much English in honda 

do any of the new bikes have start/ stop  like they have on new cars ?

thanks

new click is the same as a old click...not much has changed.  On and off switch is in the petal stand.  You have to be standing on the bike before you can start it.  I think it is a pain in the ass.  New bikes sound expensive as I know a friend of mine bought one all in, less than 40K brand new.  there are plenty of 2nd hand ones, you just have to ask around.  In Vietnam, I wanted to buy a old Honda a expat was selling for 200 usd, but didn't think I would return there as much as i did Thailand.  If I live in Thailand, i would have bought it in a heartbeat.  Take the time and look around at other shops and ask other expats as well as Thai friends for a second hand bike.''

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

Archived