IGNORED

Hotels to avoid, bad experiences etc.

Crocket

Just started booking hotels for our Pattaya for Nov. trip. I say hotels as we are into Pats for a week or so the tour then back in for a second week always using a different hotels in a different area to break it up a little.

Lots of chat on recommended hotels, but with so many to choose from there must be ones that aren't too good.

Dirty, bad food, poor staff, ripoff prices and most of all not girl friendly.

Come on what's happened to you and where.

Would have thought Trip advisor is your first port of call for negative revues......

With quite a few business owners been PA members, you must realise your question is a 'loaded gun'.........

Some members will assume you have an ulterior motive........not me mind......I don't live there......unfortunately!

I never stayed at a bad hotel in Pattaya and all of them was girl friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only stay at the Marriott. Therefore the only place I can comment on – and I highly recommend. Don't know anything about any other place.

There are lots of loaded guns on here, bars seem to be fair target. Can't see a problem.

Always stay in Areca Lodge ( Evergreen wing) never problems, very friendly and nice pool...

Mai pen rai...

Every hotel in the world had at least one unhappy customer. So asking this on the forum you might get some bad review for any place. It will be a endless thread.

IMO you search it the wrong way. Make a list of your requirements (pool, price, location...) and you'll get recommendations for the best places from the BMs.

here's a thread that lists hotels that charge extra for a second girl...  also mentions hotels that don't allow girls under 20...  

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/182814-pattaya-hotels-with-age-restrictions-and-extra-joiner-fees/

My favorite is View Talay 6.

But next trip I want to try something else, not sure where, but gotta mix it up a bit.

2 stays at LK Royal Wing no probs & have booked View Talay 6 for 3 weeks in August cannot wait!

Golden beach hotel is the worst one probably in Pattaya. Charge 600 baht for any girl, they lose your key and demand 1500B, no cleaning, and they are racist.

I also have always stayed at Areca Lodge ...  and have enjoyed it ...  Great pool   and awesome location ...  5 min walk to Mikes shopping and  2 min to LK Metro ... However I would also recommend you search reviews on a site like Agoda  ..

Just love those members who appoint themselves as forum advisors giving unwanted guidance to other members on how and what to post.

But if it's keeps them happy.

I usually look at reviews on Trip Advisor and Agoda.

Even that isn't a guarantee.  I booked the #1 hotel in Tianjin, China last October.  Yes very nice apartment style (Somerset) but the location was poor.  Virtually no places to eat out on Saturday night.

For me, location is #1, then hopefully find a place at rates I want that have good reviews.

For Pattaya I would be careful of the very old hotels around Walking Street which are mostly used for short-time rooms these days...

Hi I agree with you but, with Pattaya has a culture of very friendly girls it's good to hear reports of problems that arise.

Trip advisor is a great tool but no GIRL FRIENDLY tick box provided.

To the OP: Sorry mate I cant help you...after countless trips and staying in 20+ hotels/guesthouses, I haven't had a bad one yet. Obviously some are better than others, but I have no complaints at all.

I usually look at reviews on Trip Advisor and Agoda.

Even that isn't a guarantee.  I booked the #1 hotel in Tianjin, China last October.  Yes very nice apartment style (Somerset) but the location was poor.  Virtually no places to eat out on Saturday night.

For me, location is #1, then hopefully find a place at rates I want that have good reviews.

For Pattaya I would be careful of the very old hotels around Walking Street which are mostly used for short-time rooms these days...

Absolutely.I still cant believe that some of crap hotels i stayed in LOS actually have so many good reviews.

Some people find fault anywhere and everywhere :GoldenSmile1:

Some people comment everywhere.

Some people find fault anywhere and everywhere :GoldenSmile1:

Some people have been bullied at in school and that leaves scars. Slagging of other people's businesses while remaining anonymous on the internet gives them the feeling they have some sort of power. It's compensation, a bit pathetic ofcourse because people who are succesfull themselves won't go through the trouble of putting energy in that sort of things, but as said before, they can claim they had a difficult youth :GoldenSmile1:

WTF, all that was asked was for feedback on members hotel experiences in Pattaya is done with bars, gogos, resturants and other commodities.

God only knows how Trip Advisor has lasted so long with people sharing I'm sorry to say hotel EXPERIENCES.

What's all the fuss. If you don't want to comment on your hotel experiences in Pattaya STFU.

The only bad experiences I've had are being told the room is available for one night only. That said if it was still available I probably wouldn't be staying at Dianna Inn again just because it was starting to look run-down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO If this post saves one member having a bad experience in Patts it's done it job.

I could relate some good hotel stories:

* .600GB pounds lost and returned to me (Nova Gold)

*  The manager personally finding  me a room even though they were "full" one NYE (Sabai Lodge)

* The receptionist who calmed down the irate BG who thought I had become her boyfriend (Amari Nova Suites)

* The security guy at LK Empress who sorted out the Indian lads next door making a racket (LK Empress)

* Button sewn on shirt by receptionist (Nova Spa)

* Lift daily from hotel to Thaigerline golf shop (Pattaya Bay resort)

In Pattaya (as the Aussies say) its "all good". :GoldenSmile1:

I stayed at the queen Vic the only bad thing I can say is that I never really left Soi 6 so this time will look for a diff area

Archived