Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Data Recovery Service

altec123

Can anyone recommend a company in Pattaya or Bangkok that does data recovery?

What exactly are you talking about?

Did you just accidentally erase some stuff?

Did the hard drive crash?

Not power up?

Not being recognized by the PC?

In a fire?

Near a large magnet like and MRI machine?

soaked in the toilet?

Really depends on what happened.

I am pretty sure that the logic board went bad and perhaps the hard drive crashed.  Anyway it will not start up and I need to get the data off of the harddrive.  First stop will be a Apple repair center in Chonburi to see if they can get it off.  I already kniow that I am not going to repair it due to the cost and age of the computer.  If they cannot get it off, I found a place in BKK that does data recovery and will more than likey see them or send the HD to a data recovery service in the US.

If the OP is correct that the logic board went bad I do not think Turk com is a good choice.

... They will have to take the drive apart to fix it.

... Take the platter out CLEAN and CAREFUL ...

Then put it in another hard drive case to try and read the platter ..

This is very very very delicate work ...

If it is a solid state drive its not as delicate ... But still technically difficult ...

I think this will be expensive ...

I am no expert either :) ..

Sorry if I sound like I "know everything" ... Not my intent to lecture anyone...

... I hope I am wrong about the hard drive ..

I had the same problem once .. And looked in to employing a data recovery service ...

... Way way way too expensive for me (data not THAT important) ..

... So I decided to tear apart the hard drive myself ... Lol ... See what's inside ...

.... I was not very successful ..

I destroyed everything just trying to open it up ... Lol ..

... I think. I ended up using a hammer, screwdriver, and a grinder to get through the case ...

Lol

If the drive doesn't power on ... You have a major problem .. :(

if someone does know of a true data recovery place Thailand let me know. I don't mean undelete, or even format.. I mean platter swap, board swap etc.

First step would be to remove the HD, put it in an external caddy then connect it to a mac or win/Linux box with appropriate drivers. It could be the laptop or the OS that is borked, not the HD itself.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with hiky, if you are not sure that you have indeed a corrupt file system, then remove the hard disc and use it as an external USB disk on an other computer. You can buy external hard disk cases very cheaply. Plug it into an other Mac and see if the disc gets mounted. A cheap option that is definitely worth checking before you spend big money.

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, I was able to get my computer fixed and ultimately did not need to have the data recovered.  If you have problems with your Mac computer in Pattaya, they just opened an authorized Apple service center on the 3rd floor of Tukom.  They are authentic because Apple has them listed on their website as a service center.  I was able to get a hardware issue fixed for 1,890 baht.  The first thing I did when I got home was do a fresh backup of everything on a external hard drive. I am also going to save everything to cloud storage as well

Archived