Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

if i miss the bell bus?

KP96

btw - this site rocks! i would never in a million years know about the bell buses. however, my fear is that since i won't be arranging a cab ahead of time now, if my flight is late or the buses are full, i don't know what to do at that point. can someone advise? if i have to take a cab, i don't want to pay a ridiculous price.

btw - this site rocks! i would never in a million years know about the bell buses. however, my fear is that since i won't be arranging a cab ahead of time now, if my flight is late or the buses are full, i don't know what to do at that point. can someone advise? if i have to take a cab, i don't want to pay a ridiculous price.

There are taxis at the airport 24/7. You should have no problem getting one to take you to Patts any time of the day.

I think there should be no problem getting one for around 1200 baht. Negotiate before you leave the airport and make sure you get an "offical" taxi, meaning, it has a meter and taxi markings.

Also try the drop-off upstairs. you can make a deal there. the drivers do not want to wait in line

after they drop off. So you can get a better price from them. The tolls are about 60Bht each and

there are 2 places that get paid. Negosiate tolls before leaving. I usualy pay 1000Bht and tolls.

Have gotten 800+tolls also. depends on time of day. Have a great time!

As long as you are on time and you have got a booking (email them on [email protected] to book and get confirmation telephone number for there agent at the airport) its unlikely the bell bus will be full as they know how many people are coming. when I have used the service it has been a big coach and even then it wasnt full. Getting a meter taxi is not a problem, just make sure you dont get conned into one of the 2500 baht limo's.

• 5 weeks later...

hello mate

like the lads said, loads of taxis out side, and i am sure people will come up to you asking if you want a taxi, look like you hav been here long time, get the price down a bit, if not walk away, they will come after you

or post a taxi share on here, time and flight info, you might get lucky , 600 baht (each) for 2 of you is beter that 1200 for one

laters and good hunting in pattaya

dirty

• 1 month later...

...yup, all the replys have the info you need

but

I did ask a reply question I am still waiting for someone to reply to:

when booking on the bell bus can you go through the email or only phone calls accepted

and if you're late any issues in that?and how about just

cancelling if you just missed it and using the credit for part

of the cost on the return trip back to the airport?

....although the cost is cheaper than a beer at Tony's disco...just for Fyi

aki

Yep the chance of the next bell bus to be full are very low (at least in low/mid season, I can not tell for high season as I never go to Patts during high season...).

Only problem is if you booked the last bus, then if you miss it you are stuck, and have to take a cab...Best way would be to share it with a guy as advised above: Many should be happy to share (I would!!!), and maybe some will be in the same boat as you, having missed the last bus....

By the way, usually for bell bus reservation you do not have to pay in advance, so nothing lost if you miss it. Just, to be honest with this (nice) company, do not reserve the bus too close to your arrival time: better to have at least 1 hour between landing, and bus departure. Anyway, if you are early, they will be happy to let you in the bus before the one you have booked!

email booking is accepted (I do it when i reserve from farangland), as is phoe reservation (most usefull from thailand, for my return trip)

Edited by gregkai