IGNORED

What's My Best Sim Choice for 1 Week Stay?

longwayfromhome

Live in PI. Pay 182 Baht (converted from 250 Pesos)/month for 100MB internet, unlimited text to all networks and 3 hours call time to in-network #'s in Philippines (gotta dial *2477 then the entire 11 digit #)

Last time I went to LOS picked up the Happy Tourist Sim card. Internet was good for the week, but probably topped up that sim more than 600 Baht and I'm rarely calling anyone for more than 2 minutes and sending/receiving maybe 10 to 15 texts/day.

Friend says 1-2-Call is the way to go, but website not very convenient for English speakers and too many sim choices. 

I need 3G 1 week unlimited internet on an Android phone plus text for English speakers and some call time for Thai (non-English readers). Trying to avoid another 1000 Baht on cell phone usage while visiting for a week. 

Any suggestions? 

For those who come to the Philippines to visit and want to know about the plan I'm referencing above it's on Smart network and is called MEGA250. Cost is 250 Pesos. Just text "MEGA250" to 2477 and that's what you get for 1 month. 

I don't know what is best. For week dtac 299 baht tourist sim for 7 day 3G with 1 GB is ok (using it now).

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/touristsim.html

AIS and True have similar products. But AIS is more expensive and last time I had True sim and data speeds were crap so I gave them a pass.

All three have booths at the airport side by side with tourist sim offers so if you are not in a hurry you can shop around.

• 2 months later...

I don't know what is best. For week dtac 299 baht tourist sim for 7 day 3G with 1 GB is ok (using it now).

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/touristsim.html

AIS and True have similar products. But AIS is more expensive and last time I had True sim and data speeds were crap so I gave them a pass.

All three have booths at the airport side by side with tourist sim offers so if you are not in a hurry you can shop around.

My flight arrives at Bkk airport at 630am. Anyone know if these SIM booths are open at that time in the early morning?

family mart and 7eleven are open at arrivals and sim booths shouls also be up and runnonh

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

12call (ais) 2100 with mao pack internet *777*33# UNLIMITED INTERNET one day for 14 baht

I use 12Call and never had a problem.

SIM booths are open at your arrival time too, though if you can wait until you get to a 7/11 you'll get the same SIM cheaper.

Archived