Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Please tell me I'm paranoid

SmellyFarang

Disclaimer: self-confessed clean freak constantly obsessing over finding "clean" food in LOS

So I finish dinner at that bastion of reliable, standardized USA corporate food quality & preparation - McDonald's.

As I empty my tray into the trash, much to the confused looks of the Russians and consternation of the Thai staff ("why farang take our job?"), my Spidey senses suddenly stop me short.

I'm puzzled, as I can't for the life of me understand what has sent my lizard hind brain tittering in agitation.

Then I step back and do a closer inspection of the scene, and this is what I see:

McD.cups.jpg

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Then sudden realization hits me - the dirty cups stacked suspiciously neatly on the corner of the trash can.  A trash can that *clearly* shows a picture of a cup being thrown away, not stacked and saved neatly in the corner.  Stacked and saved, as if in anticipation of rinsing and reusing for customers!?!? nono.gif

Agghhhhhhh!  My tormented visions drive me screaming from the building to the first minimart I can drown myself in a jumbo-sized mouthwash.

Someone please tell me I'm being paranoid, and they really are planning to throw away the cups after the mysterious ritual of neatly stacking them on the trash can.

Or are they? :Think1:

Quick -Check that the pictures on your walls are perfectly straight...

or as the man said in 'Good Morning Vietnam' 'You are in direst need of a blowjob'

Lighten up Bro and enjoy life as it flows all around you.

Maybe the staff take them home for parties?  Maybe they've found if they're neater with the rubbish they can save money by using less rubbish bags?

McDonalds is so systematic that I'm sure Head Office would soon note that 20,000 combo meals a week were being ordered yet only 10,000 cups being used.

Yes, I think you're being paranoid. :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

If you only knew  many many years ago what my mates use to do working in McDonalds to the beef patties you would puke.... :Puke2:

Obviously one of the staff members is collecting them to take home, if that's the case then they should be put away from the customers view.

Your not paranoid...this is Thailand remember?? :Think1:  

The bottle with the cups is the give away. They're probably pulling the plastic out for recycling (clarification recycling as sell the plastic, not recycling for use in the restaurant). Even if they were reusing, I'm sure they'd wash them thoroughly in the wonderfully clean Pattaya tap water.  :wink:

to fuel your paranoia - if in open view you see cups being recycled for (hopefully) offsite use IMAGINE what is happening in the kitchen that you cant see...

(I can't think of anything personally)... but just IMAGINE....

:LOL2::Think1:

1Cor7:29

wtf is anyone doing buying mcdonalds food in thailand???  or anywhere else for that matter...

So maybe a customer is paranoid about getting his hand trapped in the bin or whatever and sticks 3 (THREE) cups on top instead and you think the staff are stacking them up there?

Quiet day you reckon?

Yes, you're paranoid for sure.

Disclaimer: self-confessed clean freak constantly obsessing over finding "clean" food in LOS

So I finish dinner at that bastion of reliable, standardized USA corporate food quality & preparation - McDonald's.

As I empty my tray into the trash, much to the confused looks of the Russians and consternation of the Thai staff ("why farang take our job?"), my Spidey senses suddenly stop me short.

I'm puzzled, as I can't for the life of me understand what has sent my lizard hind brain tittering in agitation.

Then I step back and do a closer inspection of the scene, and this is what I see:

No you're right! McDonald's is a bastion of reliable, standardized USA corporate food quality & preparation Lol http://www.naturalnews.com/030074_Happy_Meal_decompose.html#

Upon closer inspection, it appears that the cups are indeed plastic (as opposed to paper in the USA) so the recycling explaination does sound reasonable.

I am greatly assured, though I must confess that from my traumatic experience I appear to have developed a nervous twitch in my right eyelid when I walked by the place earlier tonight.

You are paranoid ...been to mcdonalds a million times ... Staff are not collecting used cups this is just coincidental ... Even ridiculous for you to ask the question ... Maybe a couple of guys sitting together finished their drinks , stacked them up and where to lazy to put them in the bin ...

... You are more than paranoid ...

This post is ridiculous ...

You are maybe obsessive compulsive ....

Jeez I was moderate for once.

+ whatever.

You are paranoid ...been to mcdonalds a million times ... Staff are not collecting used cups this is just coincidental ... Even ridiculous for you to ask the question ... Maybe a couple of guys sitting together finished their drinks , stacked them up and where to lazy to put them in the bin ...

... You are more than paranoid ...

This post is ridiculous ...

You are maybe obsessive compulsive ....

um, hello pot?  

pack your bags and go home , Thailand no place for you .

When I was younger, just qualified as a chef........I used to work in this Bar/Restaurant which used to do tons of sunday lunches. Sliced meat/roasties and yorkies out on the plate and all the veggies in large serving dishes so the party could help themselves at the table.

Guess what happened to the left over broccoli, cauliflower from the dishes........yep.....stuck back into boiling water in the pans and sent out next order.

Leftovers from the plate were discarded though.......

A few plastic cups out front......naaaah no problem........what goes on out back.......best not think too much!

• 3 weeks later...

Upon closer inspection, it appears that the cups are indeed plastic (as opposed to paper in the USA) so the recycling explaination does sound reasonable.

I am greatly assured, though I must confess that from my traumatic experience I appear to have developed a nervous twitch in my right eyelid when I walked by the place earlier tonight.

I think paranoia doesn't cut it. :GoldenSmile1:

Robw

It could be there cause of recycling or it could have been another customer that just plonked their stuff down on the way out

You're over thinking it

Archived