IGNORED

Best Thai Language Courses

rhour

I have used Pimsleur language lessons successfully for 2 different languages and highly recommend them.

I have yet to purchase the 16 cd Thai set yet. for about 200 USD. They also have smaller language packages

and conversational packages. Has anyone use this Pimsleur cd set or any other cd set/

I used pimsleur thai, to begin with, 30 units downloaded as audio books. It's ok as something to start learning Thai. Xylanic posted a topic on useful learning tools for learning the language.

Are there any Thai learing schools in Patts that would, say, teach basic reading, writing and speaking Thai for 1-2 hours a day?

I would consider signing up when I am in Patts for my annual 2 week break...

Basic reading and writing can be done on the internet, learn before you go then fine tune it with a teacher. That will save you wasting time going over the basics.

I can also vouch for Pimsleur. Good to get started.

I have a subscription with learn-thai-podcast.com and it would be decent if it wasn't for the completely unnecessary "polite particle for male/female speakers." parts when giving the translations. Anyone who has watched one of their videos will know what I'm talking about. ONCE would have been enough… I may try it again soon and I hope in the later lessons he stops with it.

AUA language school is based in Central festival

AUA is good. Inexpensive and effective.

I had JC as my teacher....she is a great teacher. Very friendly and funny. 

The only thing I didn't like is they didn't focus enough on tones and getting them correct. I know its hard, but I feel it has to be done right.

Archived