IGNORED

Never make a reservation

BassGod

I never make hotel reservations in Pattaya. I usually roll up to the Sabaii Lodge and see what they have available. I'll settle for either a single or a single superior in the old part of the hotel, they want nutty prices for the new wing. If there isn't anything available I go across the street to the Sabaii Inn. If there still wasn’t anything available I'd get a room at the Welcominn and plan to find a better place the next day but it's never come to that.

I never make a reservation in Pattaya because I live about 10km out.

Sometimes on a night out in town it makes more sense to get a room rather than returning home pissed.

I never have any problem getting a place to stay for 4-600 Bht, even late at night.

So far, I've organised impromptu rooms in Soi 6, Pattayalands, Jomtien and LK Metro.

I disagree,except they tend not to plaster the low season rates over the web. Yet. The Flipper always has its low season deals from,if memory serves,about May to Sept. They offer 3 kinds of discount-basically stay 14 nights pay for 10,or something similar. They put a big banner up outside the hotels-Sunshine on soi 8 does a similar deal.

Always best to do it the old fashioned way-telephone them direct.

Then again roly a may be biased here, as i have my own place.. but my view is why pay anything from 800bht at night upwards for a poky little room when you can have a decent sized condo for similar money.

Ok i know some guys will say you sleep and shag in it...but as they say in Thailand.... up to you :Raspberry6:

I stayed in the flipper about 2 years ago and the rooms where... lets say tired looking in need of a paint job and a general tidy up etc.

Edited by oliver

This is Thailand- just turning up and asking what price they can do a room for will generally get you a better rate than you can find on the web, if they have vacancies.

I tend to go to the smaller ones though, rather than Flipper, RG etc. I only want a bed for the night (well a double) and a shower for the morning anyway. As I said, so far no ploblem getting a place for 4-600 Bht.

oliver,I hear what you say,but how realistic would be be for a guy to get a condo for 10-14 days? Especially if they can pay less than 700 baht at,say,Flipper or Sunshine.

Whilst I too have my own place,for a variety of reasons,it is sometimes better to get a hotel room...