Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

hotel reservations vs just showing up upon arrival

sfgrunt

which is the better option? i'm arriving may 16 and staying until may 21 (yes i know it's not enough time to really get down and debauched, but it's all the time i have for now).

the question is. should i book through this site now or just try for a place when i arrive. FYI, i am on a bit of a budget so i'd like to keep it around a 1000 baht per night...

currently thinking of diamond beach hotel. sorry if this is a lame question, but i've been doing so much research lately, i'm kind of burned out on it.

:Bravo1:

I prefer to know ahead of time that I have a room reserved for me and for the short time you will be there - price won't be a big difference

Jeez man, by the time the jetlag wears off you will be back on a plane.

Good luck.

Btw, book a room. Agoda is a good site, especially for newbies.

I stayed diamond beach hotel before

There is very noisy place and i couldn't sleep till 4am , i changed my hotel after 2 nights stay

if sleep not important for you choose there

also i am pattaya at same time mate , if you are interesting to meet send pm to me ;)

I have decided to take a chance and go there without reservation. There must be a reason why its called "low season" ... surely, there should be plenty of room available in most hotels. It would also give me a chance to switch to a different hotel immediately if I don't like the one I have planned.

One question though ... The check out time is around 12 noon. But the "bell travels" bus pick up will pick me up at my hotel at around 2:30 pm. Would the front desk of the hotel be ok with leaving my luggage with them for another 2 hours or so ? Or will I have to lug my suitcase around for the extra 2-3 hours I need to kill. And if I decide to kill my time at some bar, how safe would my luggage there be ?

Book a room .. at LEAST for the first night. At least that way you'll have the comfort of knowing you have a place to relax after your flight. Then, stash your bags in the room and scout the hotels/locations for a couple hours if need be (you'll likely be exploring upon arrival anyway).

It's low season so most places SHOULD have vacancy.

Book a room .. at LEAST for the first night. At least that way you'll have the comfort of knowing you have a place to relax after your flight. Then, stash your bags in the room and scout the hotels/locations for a couple hours if need be (you'll likely be exploring upon arrival anyway).

It's low season so most places SHOULD have vacancy.

yea , thats the same way i do it .

and its kinda nice that u have some time to relax afther a long flight , especially the first night :o

The thing is, even if you make a reservation you might not like the place and end up switching anyway...but yeah book a room someplace the first night. I stayed in 3 different hotels last time and I was only there a week.

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

which is the better option? i'm arriving may 16 and staying until may 21 (yes i know it's not enough time to really get down and debauched, but it's all the time i have for now).

the question is. should i book through this site now or just try for a place when i arrive. FYI, i am on a bit of a budget so i'd like to keep it around a 1000 baht per night...

currently thinking of diamond beach hotel. sorry if this is a lame question, but i've been doing so much research lately, i'm kind of burned out on it.

:wub:

in low season, dont book online. negotiate when you walk in. thats what i do. i get better rates than online.

there's always availability in low season.

I always book online but thats cos I like to stay in Metro Apartments and he is normally full even in low season, only about 9 rooms and gets ots of repeat customers.

You can easily find a place if you just turn up. I did it for the first few days last year as I had booked into Metro and then decided to arrive a week early and he was full for that time.

I just walked into Apex and they had planty of rooms about 500 bht i think, they always seem to have rooms there.

It was OK for the price.

Cheers Mick

Last time I booked online they never even had a room when I went to check in - fucking useless! Might be easier to make a list of likely suspects and phone from the airport/taxi, never a problem in not-so-lo season.

texboy

Yes, the bags will be alright there though it would be best to keep an eye on them yourself.

Be scene and not herd.

Really depends on the time of the year.

But it may be better to book a room for the first night then shop around.

:Clap8:

:Good_Post:

I

:Good_Post:

iv been to patts 9 times now and always book when i get there ,

there are always rooms avail.there is also a hotel reservation place at the airport that is ok.iv used it a couple of times

and you can barter the price with them.

go to google and type in lk mansions pattaya they are on soi bukuhow very good 700baht a night.

i have also stayed at the royal Palace on 2nd road a few time and was happy with it 1000baht a night.

my advice book a room internet at lk mansion for 1 night if you lke it stay if not find a place on your 1st day when you have checked in.have a good trip