IGNORED

Khao Yai Ryder Cup.

Skalliwag

Annual tourney we play England v ROW.

First stop.Rancho Charnvee.

Superb condition.Great rolling layout.Greens were very grainy and slow up hill,but they really couldn't have been much faster or it might've been puzzle factory stuff.

Extremely good golf course,good caddies.

England 4-ROW 4.

More t come.Last day today Lotus Valley but have some really goo intel for Khao Yai golfers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can finish this now.

Dat two was voyage Panorama.

Very tight and dry.Played greensomes here and it gave us fits.Very difficult course with blind tee shots,big carries and long par 3's

Was everyone's least favourite.

We had only one Aussie on the trip this year.Couldve used some more that are used to such dry conditions.

ROW got killed this day and couldn't catch up after that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back to Pak Chong for the evening.

Next day was pack up and head to the old Mission Hills course,now called Khao Yai Country club.

They have mixed the holes up a bit so the drive to 1-10 tees are long.

Superb golf course.One of the best layouts around.Suffered from lack of water over the hill away from the clubhouse but it's such a good layout it didn't matter.

ROW got some points back this day,but still a little to far back.

Great golf course,although it was playing a little short.

We could've gone back a set of tees and it would've been fine at 6900.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On to Bangkok and singles matches at Lotus Valley.

Road in and out of lotus is absolutely horrible at present but it is worth the beating you take to get there.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Not my first time there and it has gotten even better since the Canadian lad has taken over Director of golf.

Greens were perfect and the layout is wonderful.

A real treat to get to play there.Siam like conditions but better grass and bunkers.

Layout is strong from the blue tees.

Anyone looking to head away for the night into BKK should look at this one for the rotation.

Didn't take great pics of lotus as I was hunkered down in a tight singles match with big Bob and our four all was drinking quite heavily at this point.

England won the day and the cup.

Was really impressed with Pak Chong and he Khao Yai courses.

Will be heading back up there again for sure.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I played Voyage Panorama several years ago now & at that stage I rated it overall, the best course I had played in T/land.  Value, challenge, condition were all good at the time.

I can recall 1 particular blind hole, I think dogleg left, but a few years ago now.

Archived