IGNORED

whats the best free iphone translation app

valkyrie

Hi ,Ive only just got around to purchasing an iphone whats the best free translation app to download for thai to english? thanks

A simple one is the Google translate app, there are a few others thats are free but are more basic thai language apps with phrases "lingopal app" "learn thai app"

I've tried a few including Lingopal, which is good, because it gives you some phrases spoken in Thai...including some x-rated stuff.

However it doesn't function as a dictionary or translation tool.

By far in a way the best app I know of is "Talking Thai", it's not free though, I think it was about £12.

You can feed it any English word you can think of, it's practically impossible to defeat, then it will speak back the translation in Thai.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

I've tried a few including Lingopal, which is good, because it gives you some phrases spoken in Thai...including some x-rated stuff.

However it doesn't function as a dictionary or translation tool.

By far in a way the best app I know of is "Talking Thai", it's not free though, I think it was about £12.

You can feed it any English word you can think of, it's practically impossible to defeat, then it will speak back the translation in Thai.

I'd be wary of this app.

First off, it's like €22 euros - seriously? The independent reviews I've read have not been positive - a poor interface but decent sound on the words that do work The one youtube video (which barely shows anything of the app) is full of positive reviews from accounts all made about the same time. Something seems way off. 

Yeah, all those positive comments look well dodgy.....

with any Youtube video, you would expect at least 50% to be taking the piss!

I just searched google for the "best thai translation app" when I went here   http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/586500-best-iphone-app-to-use-to-communicate-or-translate-english-to-thai/

I found quite a few were talking about this app.

For me it seems like money well spent. I use it everyday when I stay in Thailand.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

• 2 months later...

I've had pretty good luck with iTranslate when used for Spanish. I've not used it for Thai, so YMMV. Anyone else have experience with this app when used with English and Thai?

There is a free version (ad supported) and a "Pro" version. The "Pro" version is $5US, so not very pricey. I've used it in Latin America and it's worked very well for me.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

• 4 weeks later...

I use Google Translate on my Android phone, but they have an iphone app.

Voice on google translate works great, it gets almost everything you say correct.  On the translation to Thai it is OK, not great.  It speaks the Thai translation and that works OK.

A new feature is someone can speak Thai and have it translated into another language.  Still testing this feature.

Google translate  goes over the internet to Google servers.  It then uses the Google data base to understand what your saying and check that it makes sense.  As it is translating you can see it checking itself.  It checks that one word goes with another to make sense.

Mostly works great.

I've used iTranslate a few times to paste Thai phrases into iMessage and the Thai lass has understood it each time so far.

It does 'speak' the word for you as well if you want.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived