IGNORED

Hotel recommendation for a first timer traveling solo in Pattaya

busterbrown73

With my plane ticket in hand and my suitcase packed with enough contraception to wrap up the leaning tower of Pisa, I leave the southwest region of the US for the first time in the direction of Pattaya. Now, I've done my homework (as much as one can do for a first time visit). But I still haven't drawn any conclusions as to which Soi (and which hotel) would be ideal for me focus on. 3 questions I have are:

1. For the interest of LT, can anyone recommend the best area to stay around for quality bar girls and beer bars?

2. Based on the answer for the first question, can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the 900-1500Baht/day range that's girl friendly, conveniently located and won't look like a roach motel on the inside?

3. Finally, I hear that many farang have pretty good luck with freelancers. (Eliminating the bar fine can be good). WIth that said, where (which roads) in Pattaya can guarantee you a good freelancer for the night (LT)? And are they worth it (the risk that is)?

Thanks and look forward to posting a newbie report when I return.

Buster

I'm staying here:

http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

With my plane ticket in hand and my suitcase packed with enough contraception to wrap up the leaning tower of Pisa, I leave the southwest region of the US for the first time in the direction of Pattaya. Now, I've done my homework (as much as one can do for a first time visit). But I still haven't drawn any conclusions as to which Soi (and which hotel) would be ideal for me focus on. 3 questions I have are:

1. For the interest of LT, can anyone recommend the best area to stay around for quality bar girls and beer bars?

2. Based on the answer for the first question, can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the 900-1500Baht/day range that's girl friendly, conveniently located and won't look like a roach motel on the inside?

3. Finally, I hear that many farang have pretty good luck with freelancers. (Eliminating the bar fine can be good). WIth that said, where (which roads) in Pattaya can guarantee you a good freelancer for the night (LT)? And are they worth it (the risk that is)?

Thanks and look forward to posting a newbie report when I return.

Buster

OK FORGET WOT THE REST you will be best staying in soi diana the hotel you want is LKmetropole the rooms are beautiful and this time of yr u will get good deals u gotta go check it out b4 u settle anywere or look on ther site just google it also they are plenty of bars close by that u will fall in them and out them into ur clean room so have a good time and enjoy :P

Pattaya Bay Resort

If you want to be central located so that you can see ALL of Pattaya easily its perfect.

If you want WS (only) its not but then again of you are close to WS you are miles from the 6 :P

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I'm staying here:

http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/

It is in a great location. However, I checked out the rooms at The Haven when I was at Sandy Springs last year (it is either the hotel right across the street from the SS or the one right next to it). IMO the rooms leave a great deal to be desired. They are too small and the bed, if I recall correctly, was not king size.

It is in a great location. However, I checked out the rooms at The Haven when I was at Sandy Springs last year (it is either the hotel right across the street from the SS or the one right next to it). IMO the rooms leave a great deal to be desired. They are too small and the bed, if I recall correctly, was not king size.

That's fine with me. I'll be writing a review of the place when I get back. :Hello5:

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

I can recommend the Whitehouse Condotel

http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/

It is on Soi 13 between the Dynasty Inn and Sandy Springs hotel and across the street from the Lek hotel. That's a great location midway between Walking Street and Soi 6/7/8. Very girl friendly, great restaurant on the ground floor, nice rooms, service staff very helpful. The basic room was all I needed.

Try www.opeydeplacepattaya.com

Its in your budget and near the action.

As mentioned before sandy spring is also good.

I think Lk metropole is out of your price range.

Areca Lodge on soi Diana is also excellent at around 1100 baht a night.