IGNORED

English restaurant piss take

Just a quick question to see if anybody agrees with me about the prices in Robins Nest and Premiership sports bar in Soi Dianna. Granted the food is very good, and it is english food, but this year the prices have gone up for no apparent reason. In the Robins Nest, sandwiches are £2 or more. Which is outragous for thailand. It could just be me being a moany fucker you expect places to take the piss in England but not in Thailand.

If people still eat there, they will charge what they can. Its a simple rule of economics, if they get no trade, they will reduce the prices.

You can always use Kiss Food down the road.

Also its large, clean and well decorated. We dont know their overheads so its difficult to judge by other places standards.

I eat there when I am in the area because the food is well cooked and clean, oh and the waitresses are cute. Usually have the 190 baht brekkie and have no grumbles about the price despite it being double other places.

As the previous poster says people can vote with their feet but there are clearly enough who will pay more for the higher standard.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Yes, I have to agree with what you say about many of the English restaurants here,,,

I`m sure they see 50 Baht as 50 pence and they compare all prices here with the prices back home,,,

The most outrageous is J & P in Soi 8 , I think their breakfast is over 200 Baht,,, ( Still, some people pay it )

The other outrageous place is GREGGS... His prices are English prices,,,He forgets he doesn`t pay all the extra cost he would have to pay if he had a restaurant in England...But that`s up to him,,

As for ROBINS NEST,, It has to be the GREATEST Value in town,,,( Apart from CRAZY DAVES and CANTERBURY TALES BREAKFASTS )

If you check ROBINS NESTS - 119 SPECIAL MENU you will see a club sandwich.....IT must be the BIGGEST CLUB SANDWICH in the WORLD...I love the place but most of the meals are far too big for me,,,,

I don`t think you will get a great sandwich in England for 2 Pounds.

Cheers cartoonman.

I usually stay at the metropole so its convenient, they do have some good specials their at a reasonable price, but have to agree with the other posts, some of it is overpriced and it can soon mount up if theirs a couple of you.

I used to prefer the place when they had the lounge chairs out the front rather than the table sets as you could chill and watch the world go buy. I guess it makes more buiseness sense now though as you can get more people in the place.

Nice food though

150 to 200 baht for a good brekkie is OK in my book. The thing that pissed me about Greggs kitchen was when the mrs ordered a chicken fried rice and it was 160 baht, just simply taking the piss.

The owner seemed like a prick with a bad attitude, maybe he was having a bad hair day.

Just a quick question to see if anybody agrees with me about the prices in Robins Nest and Premiership Sports bar in Soi Dianna. Granted the food is very good, and it is english food, but this year the prices have gone up for no apparent reason. In the Robins Nest, sandwiches are £2 or more. Which is outragous for thailand. It could just be me being a moany fucker you expect places to take the piss in England but not in Thailand.

i eat in robins nest pretty regular and i can,t recall sandwiches being 2quid or more,i think your mistaken on that one.

I have always found the food there very good and the prices fair. They do an excellent lasagna.

Robins Nest is my favourite restaurant in Pattaya. The 119 baht menu is excellent VFM especially the Chicken Dinner and Lasagne and chips. :Whistle:

Spidey.

yeah i must admit i think ive got the robins nest a little wrong.my apologies to them! they do offer excellent special deals. 120 baht for a dinner is excellent. the point i was just making is that some of them seem to be creepeing their prices up. as some one said earlier they seem to relate 50 baht to 50p, 80 baht to 80p etc.

Plenty of places to eat in Pattaya. I do not tend to frequent these English places, I go for the Thai food places all the time. What is the point of going half way around the world to eat English food. Might as well just stay at home or go to that other bastion of English culture Spain.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

I think the 140 (maybe 145) breakfast in Robins is good, plenty of bacon (usually). Nice to sit out on the road looking at what walks buy.

Raw food prices are shooting up all over the world, dairy products 15/20% pots 10%+ in the UK. I just put up the food prices in my pub in the UK. I'm sure its the same in Thailand. These guys are only making a living in Thailand, the ones that don't keep on top of the food prices will not be around to long

Raw food prices are shooting up all over the world, dairy products 15/20% pots 10%+ in the UK. I just put up the food prices in my pub in the UK. I'm sure its the same in Thailand. These guys are only making a living in Thailand, the ones that don't keep on top of the food prices will not be around to long

My local Thai eatery has recently put its prices up by 66%, most dishes used to be B30, now everything's B50.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If people still eat there, they will charge what they can. Its a simple rule of economics, if they get no trade, they will reduce the prices.

You can always use Kiss Food down the road.

This is too simplistic for me. Yes, sometimes if you don't go there they'll lower prices, sometimes they won't. Economics isn't an exact science. Some owners would rather lose money than lower prices. Thai bars RAISE prices when they have less customers. And refuse to have a happy hour. There's a farang bar next door with lower prices and happy hour. Which would you sit at? But the Thai bar won't lower its prices. It would rather stay empty and charge more! I've seen it so often.

The food at Kiss was horrible last time I was there: small, mediocre portions. Won't go again. Plenty of alternatives just as cheap or not much more.

• 5 months later...
150 to 200 baht for a good brekkie is OK in my book. The thing that pissed me about Greggs kitchen was when the mrs ordered a chicken fried rice and it was 160 baht, just simply taking the piss.

The owner seemed like a prick with a bad attitude, maybe he was having a bad hair day.

The guy IS a prick. I've never eaten there since finding a beetle in my pie maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

The practice of offering good cheap Western food and then scalping you on the Thai food is a real no-no for me.

The restaurants work on the basis that you'll be accompanied by your Thai partner, she won't like Western food and so you are a captive market. Nearly all of the Western places do this.

Bastards.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

Head down the road to the Sportsman and get a proper breakfast for that price.

For the full English it’s got to be Canterbury tales, 100% unbeaten for the money

Or Get your selves to the kitchens under T com the big electronics place over the road from the market stuff your self’s with Thai food for 100b

Robins nest

The food is good and the place is well run but 40b for water is a fucking rip of

And still no safe in the rooms to stop the stick fingered freelancers

Just a wee word regarding Robins Nest (now in Soi Bukhao)...their water was 40 Baht....WTF? That is

even more expensive than Shenanigans!!

R.....

Most of the restaurants aimed at westerners will try to fleece you on drinks and Thai food but B40 for a water, that is taking the piss.

• 2 weeks later...

40p for a fucking water. thats disgusting. he must of had a few complaints over that. when im there i know i fucking will.

And - Robins Nest-aurant........ got to be the most appalling name for any bar or restaurant ever dreamed up.

Edited by barney