IGNORED

Beginner Basics

LMNOP

Hi All

Back in Thailand in March and one thing I would like to do is get some Lessons in just how to hit the Boxing Bag, some Punches and some Kicks.

What is the best School in Pattaya to do this?

Thanks

LMNOP!

Just go up to a bunch of Thai motortaxi drivers and kick one i the ass.  you will receive many free lessons.

I train in this place.   www.kombatgroup.com.   It has various programs for complete beginners.  You would not be alone in the beginner class.  One downside--it's on Soi Kao Talo, which is a bit out of the way.

Twin Tiger Gym on the junction of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai (next to Tonys Gym).

300Baht for use of bags and 5 rounds of 1 on 1 lessons with a pro.

Twin Tiger Gym on the junction of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai (next to Tonys Gym).

300Baht for use of bags and 5 rounds of 1 on 1 lessons with a pro.

Muay Thai or Western Boxing?

The Sityodtong is quite good, 300baht a session + 1 2 1 for a few rounds....But it's very much out of the way. You'll need as vehicle to get up there...

• 3 months later...

The Sityodtong is quite good, 300baht a session + 1 2 1 for a few rounds....But it's very much out of the way. You'll need as vehicle to get up there...

Right, Sidyodtong is very nice, I train there since a few weeks. One session is 300 Baht, two sessions the same day 500 Baht, and then of course special rates for whole weeks, etc as per the web page:

http://www.sityodtongmuaythai.com/en/home.html

The trainers are attentive and speak decent english, the other people who train are mainly farang, only a handful Thai kids at the moment. The session is 3 hours, u usually do the warm-up by yourself, then some pad work with the trainer and then up to you, bag work or some sparring if you want. Many very fit guys there at the moment...unlike me fat old fuck... :LMFAO:

Before I also went once to Sor Klinmee, but wasn't impressed.

If all you want to do is punch and kick a bag then i would save your money and look it up on You Tube. However if you want to train properly and actually learn some skills then the Gyms mentioned above are all good. Also try Sitpholek on Sukhumvit in North Pattaya, they have some decent trainers there.

Archived