IGNORED

Stuck at Narita

tjvol

I just booked my second trip to LOS for mid June. I will have about a five hour layover at NRT on my way in. It is probably to short of time to leave the airport and go sightseeing, but it is a long time to sit around. Is there anything to do in the airport?

I would prefer not to bother with exchanging currency if I don't have to. I assume that I can just use a credit card for anything there that I wanted to do or buy. I try to avoid using my cards in LOS, but would think that there wouldn't be as much risk in Japan.

Finally, I know that things are expensive in Japan and probably doubly so at the airport. Will I wind up paying $100 for a plate of sushi and a beer?

Any advice from the experienced world travellers out there?

Narita is a good 1hr half to downtown, i wouldn't bother if you only have 5 hrs, and it isn't cheap to get downtown, not a lot to do in Narita airport - it:s not Singapore or even Seoul. There are cheap shower rooms available though - to anyone, not just business class, good opp to refresh. Restaurants there are good and not that expensive - pay the usual airport premium but def cheaper than Heathrow and food way better. Narita town has an interesting temple, very popular with the locals at new year - would only take you 30 mins from the airport, train to narita machi, then walk, a few supermarkets and restaurants around the town, very small, ask for narita "jinja" for the temple and someone will show you - Japanese are very tourist friendly. hope it work s!

I buy the japanese candies/cookies for people at work,not expensive.

Then find a restaurant near my gate and drink.They take cc but of course tell your company your traveling .

They also take usd but give change in yen.

Afer 6 trips through Narita i'd like another alternative - ST?

But to difficult to get into Tokyo.

Thailand ? Go ahead, Ruin your Life.

Not sure about the timing, but there is hotel bar at the Narita Radison. Many of the airlines use it for their pilots and flight attendants. Had a great time here a few yea back with a couple of stews from Northwest. It only a 20 minute bus ride.

Life is Short! Eat Desert First at the "Y"

Narita itself has great rooms with comfy little beds and a shower - you'll feel like a new man after a nap and a shower. I do it every time I'm there.

It'll be about 2000 Yen ($20US) for 3 hours. Here's a link:

Narita Day Rooms

Enjoy.

San Francisco Cocksucka !!!

"Hey, you ever hear, Tom, the Chinese whore has a ancient way of milking ya of yer sorrow, your loneliness and that awful feeling of bein’ forsaken?"

"Seems to me that’d leave you with nothing."