IGNORED

spare ribs

I know of 3 places:

• Bob's
  • Tequila Reef
  • Great American Rib Company

I haven't eated at Bob's yet, but it gets good reviews. I prefer Great American, but supposedly same as Tequila Reef.

Edited by arbiez

The best ribs I have found in Pattaya are from New Orleans Restaurant on Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4). Only real baby backs I have found here. Pricey at around 550Bt for whole slab. Tequila Reef has fall off the bone St Louis style ribs (their bbq sauce is a little too sweet). Bob's has great smoked large pork ribs with a tasty sauce. Last 2 times I ate at GARC the ribs were on the dry side but their sauce was good.

My list:

New Orleans

Tequila Reef/Bob's (toss up for 2nd)

Great American Rib Company.

The best ribs I have found in Pattaya are from New Orleans Restaurant on Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4). Only real baby backs I have found here. Pricey at around 550Bt for whole slab. Tequila Reef has fall off the bone St Louis style ribs (their bbq sauce is a little too sweet). Bob's has great smoked large pork ribs with a tasty sauce. Last 2 times I ate at GARC the ribs were on the dry side but their sauce was good.

My list:

New Orleans

Tequila Reef/Bob's (toss up for 2nd)

Great American Rib Company.

New Orleans is my favorite.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried a couple of the places mentioned above, but in my opinion after living here for 3 years and trying a good few places the best ribs by far in Pattaya are served at Shenannigans Irish Pub in the new Avenue mall on 2nd Rd.

Go on a Friday night when they have their "eat all you like ribs" evening for 290 Baht a throw.

With the first order you get 1/2 a rack of ribs with fries and sweetcorn and after that they will bring up as many 1/2 racks as you care to munch yourself through. My record is 6 portions!

They are simply delicious, fall off the bone tender meat with a great sauce that is not too overpowering.

I have tried the ribs at the Great American Rib Co and they are not on the same scale as Shenannigans.

All a matter of personal taste of course but I highly recommend anyone who likes ribs to give them a bash.

Bobs BBQ Soi Lk is the shiznit....Tequila Reef Soi 7 is also kick ass.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Great American for me.

Surprised about the post about not finding real babybacks - just go to the butchery dept in Tesco etc and you see mounds of them.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!