Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Garmin Sat Nav..where can I buy in Pattaya?

jpduggan1

My old Garmin is out of date and upgrades are a bit too expensive so I want to buy a new one. My problem is that I have no confidence in Tutcom and I've only seen 2 models in one of the shops in Festival. Anybody know of a dealer in Garmin in Pattaya. I'm not interested in any other make. Thanks in advance.

OP I have not looked recently but when i bought my Garmin model they were available in Tesco Lotus, Big C Extra and pretty much every S-ED bookshop - the ones normally in every mall with a Tesco, Big C etc. There is even a S-ED on the ground floor of Tukcom and they used to carry at least 3 or 4 models.

I took a while to check prices at all places and eventually bought at a S-ED place. Some of the staff in these shops are reasonably knowledgeable compared to know nothings in Tesco and Big C - my experience and YMMV.

I have heard Eagle GPS are also very good if you want to buy online.

• 2 months later...

You say the updates are to expensive, do you know about OpenStreet Map?  It is the same sort of thing as Google Maps, but Open Source and you can down load the maps for free.

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

I always use these on my garmin.  

Loads of people, after paying for the garmin maps, then download these maps and prefer them as they are better.  

Besides, if you try them and they are not better, what have you lost?

Powerbuy does have them .

You say the updates are to expensive, do you know about OpenStreet Map?  It is the same sort of thing as Google Maps, but Open Source and you can down load the maps for free.

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

I always use these on my garmin.  

Loads of people, after paying for the garmin maps, then download these maps and prefer them as they are better.  

Besides, if you try them and they are not better, what have you lost?

Hi Buster, thanks for the info. I'll definately that openstreetmap.

Archived