IGNORED

help with some translation

pockets88

for my sins i am trying to learn thai with rosseta stone, some of the phrases have me stumped for example

Q poo ying lowe nee kamlang win kan u A mai, poo kow kamlang win kan u i think it translates as

the woman are walking no there are not walking

i am not sure of the word lowe i thought when you talked about people you said lie kon, and in the answer poo kow? i thought kow was he or male and kerr was she or female

another one is

Q ahan yoo koo arai A mee koo strawberri

what type of food there are strawberries

Q rot c far yoo tee nai A rot c farr yoo tee nee

where is the light blue car the light blue car is here

Q mar tow nai camlang winu A mar tow nee camlang winu

i think it means is the horse walking and the reply is the horse is walking

rot kan nai c derng the car is red

Qpoo ying kon nai si ser c farr u A poo ying kon koo, si ser c farr kan u

it is something to do with ligh blue tops/shirts but i am not sure what

i would appreciate any help on this i could move on to the next chapter and blindly repeat the phrases but i would like to know what i am saying

cheers

for my sins i am trying to learn thai with rosseta stone, some of the phrases have me stumped for example

Q poo ying lowe nee kamlang win kan u A mai, poo kow kamlang win kan u i think it translates as

i am not sure of the word lowe i thought when you talked about people you said lie kon, and in the answer poo kow? i thought kow was he or male and kerr was she or female

another one is

i would appreciate any help on this i could move on to the next chapter and blindly repeat the phrases but i would like to know what i am saying

cheers

sounds cool to see youre that far.

im still on lesson 1. poo ying. da poo ying.

lol

the name for cat is ridiculous.

I think your first query relates to lesson 7. The translation is - Are these women running? Yes they are running. You are getting mixed up I think with the verb to walk which is dern, and the verb to run which is wing. In the answer, the phrase phuak kao is used which means they.

The difference between lowe and lie is that lowe is a pluralizer. It is used with nee and comes after nouns to mean these. Lie is a quantifier, it means a lot or many and it comes before the classifier and is always used with a classifier.

The others are fairly accurate but the horse is running not walking.

For the last sentence the translation is- Which women are wearing blue tops? Both women are wearing blue tops. When nai is put after a noun it means which.

I hope this is helpful and not too complicated. If you need any more translations from this course then let me know.

I think your first query relates to lesson 7. The translation is - Are these women running? Yes they are running. You are getting mixed up I think with the verb to walk which is dern, and the verb to run which is wing. In the answer, the phrase phuak kao is used which means they.

The difference between lowe and lie is that lowe is a pluralizer. It is used with nee and comes after nouns to mean these. Lie is a quantifier, it means a lot or many and it comes before the classifier and is always used with a classifier.

The others are fairly accurate but the horse is running not walking.

For the last sentence the translation is- Which women are wearing blue tops? Both women are wearing blue tops. When nai is put after a noun it means which.

I hope this is helpful and not too complicated. If you need any more translations from this course then let me know.

your correct i have got my dern mixed up with my winu, phuak kao not poo kow that helps allot there has being a few times that i have missunderstod what there were saying rot soundid like brodt for example another was med day but i now think it was meant to be mai dai as it was used to mean no or a negative, but thanks for the info and offer of help i will take you up on it

cheers

Rosetta sounds like a nightmare. Plus your never gonna use any of it really. At least with Pimslar its actually conversational and phrases that will be of use.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

• 1 month later...

another one is

cheers

Is that phonetic system that they use in the RS courses? looks like a real nightmare. Most of the other Thai courses I have seen use variations of a much better system. From what I have seen and heard the RS course would not be one I'd reccomend to anybody. Sure it's better to be learning RS than not at all but it does make it harder if you want to share Thai words with others who are used to a totally different system.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel