IGNORED

Council backs 4 a.m. closing time for entertainment outlets

gogo dog

City councilors vote favorably for an urgent resolution to extend the closing time of entertainment establishments from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.

Sawittree Namwiwatsuk

Pattaya City Council has passed a resolution to extend the closing time of entertainment outlets from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.

The resolution, passed during the final session of the end of term meeting of the council, will now be submitted to the Ministry of Interior, which had earlier issued a blanket instruction closing outlets in entertainment zones at 2 a.m.

The final council meeting was held on March 26, the last day in office for Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn and his team.

A total of seven issues were discussed during the meeting, most of them relating to the budgets for development programs. The proposal to discuss the closing time and pass a resolution was added following a complaint lodged at Pattaya City Hall a week previously, when 1,000 representatives of entertainment outlets said that the earlier closing time would hurt their businesses and damage Pattaya’s reputation as a nightlife and entertainment center.

Niran said that Pattaya is a modern tourism city that has a high international reputation and generates more than 60 billion baht each year in income. Most of the income is from entertainment establishments, of which there are more than 1,500 outlets. The industry employs at least 10,000 people. The earlier closing time would undoubtedly have a negative effect on business, on employment, and on the attractiveness of Pattaya as an international destination.

After discussion, the council decided unanimously to extend the closing hours for entertainment establishments in Pattaya from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. The resolution now goes to the Interior Ministry for consideration.

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd6

Just in time for the Meet. One Hopes.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

• 2 months later...

I can hardly stay up til midnight but if it works for everyone else, why not. PARTY!

So does this now mean all establishments will close at 4? Or will there still be an after hours bar?

So does this now mean all establishments will close at 4? Or will there still be an after hours bar?

Official closing time is 2am. There are lots of bars open 24 hours.

4am is good enough for me.

If you are not in your bed by then you should be.......HA HA.

Thai Tony.

I'm sure all the staff will just love that decision to close later.

Be scene and not herd.

Thats great news.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Official closing time is 2am. There are lots of bars open 24 hours.

Right, I get that. Based on OP, one could assume that the 2am bars would be extended to 4am or EVERYTHING closes at 4am. I guess my question is . . . If BIB enforces a 4am close, does this mean all the bars? (Thus ending the concept of the 24hour bar and the afterhours clubs)

I certainly hope the Ministry sees the error of their earlier decree.

It was really weir being thrown out of the bars at 2.00am when I was there in April, only to see a stream of people heading to the Disco that was just opening up, then getting kicked out at a reasonable 4.00am

I hope by November when I am back the 4.00am closing has been reinstated.

Thanks for the news article

HD

Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, I love em, I love em , I love those little BFMs

Right, I get that. Based on OP, one could assume that the 2am bars would be extended to 4am or EVERYTHING closes at 4am. I guess my question is . . . If BIB enforces a 4am close, does this mean all the bars? (Thus ending the concept of the 24hour bar and the afterhours clubs)

I'm sure the H24 bars will continue to operate as before.

Thanks for the info.....

Many days I am getting up too late to get maid service....maybe

if/when this goes into effect...I'll get my shagging in....go

out for breakfast and come back to a clean room and kick

out the girl.

aki

I certainly hope the Ministry sees the error of their earlier decree.

It was really weir being thrown out of the bars at 2.00am when I was there in April, only to see a stream of people heading to the Disco that was just opening up, then getting kicked out at a reasonable 4.00am

I hope by November when I am back the 4.00am closing has been reinstated.

Thanks for the news article

HD

Recently most of the gogos have still been open past 3am.

that is some great news. hopefully they will start allowing it before i get there in 2 weeks 1 day 12 hours. :Number1a:

Yee Haw more time for fun.

BORN TO MONGER!!

not to many Pattaya bars close at 0200 they just finish the music which when the football (soccer) season is on is greatcause a lot of football starts 0200 thai time.