IGNORED

Choosing a Hotel

glenjean

Of course everyone has different thoughts, taste and standards, however having stated that........In choosing your hotel, how much does the location weigh in over accomodation and amenities? Does having a pool, fitness center or resturant out weigh location ?

Location means to me, having access to bars, clubs resurants, shops, stores and accomadations in walking distance and close to public transportation. I am interested in the forums thoughts.

Of course everyone has different thoughts, taste and standards, however having stated that........In choosing your hotel, how much does the location weigh in over accomodation and amenities? Does having a pool, fitness center or resturant out weigh location ?

Location means to me, having access to bars, clubs resurants, shops, stores and accomadations in walking distance and close to public transportation. I am interested in the forums thoughts.

this is a great question. I am looking for the same info and hotel which will not charge for bringing a girl back to your room. Please help..

Look at my topic about the Lek Villa hotel guys. It`s a nice hotel not far away from the roundabout at the beginning of the beach road and the second road.

The transport system (baht buses, motor taxis) are so effecient there are very few hotels that are in a bad location.

The must haves for me are

No Joiner fee

A good pool

Good water pressure

Immaculant hygene ( if i read one review of the place being dirtyi am off the place)

Queen Sized bed minumum

In room safe

Good Security

Daily Housekeeping

Location has to be the number one priority. If a hotel is not on the baht bus circular that runs Beach Rd. and Second Rd or one of the interconnecting Sois then I am not interested. I used to think a pool was important too but the last two years I have spent so little time by the pool I am beginning to wonder whether it is that important.

Cleanliness and lack of a joiners fee are also essential. Next is the room size. I stayed at the Grand Inn in Bangkok for one night and the room was tiny. Ok for a night or two but a longer stay demands more space. I have not had an issue with room size in Pattaya but I have only stayed in three places.

Beverly Plaza Pratumnak Rd. First trip. 2007. Wrong side of road for easy access. Joiners fee. Big pool. Room ok but would not stay here again.

Sabai Lodge Soi 2 This year. Dark room a bit on the small side. Noise from neighbouring bars. Good pools and no joiners fee.

Queen Vic. Soi 6 This year Large room and bed. No joiners fee. Great location. No pool but no noise either.

Regency Park Soi 22 Bangkok 2007 Joiners fee. Small rooftop pool. Noisy hotel

Imperial Queens Park Soi 22 2006 Medium sized room. Expensive. Don't know about joiners fee as I took a girlfriend with me. (stupid boy!)

Grand Inn Soi 3 Bangkok This year Small room. Overpriced. Convenient location.

Majestic Suites Suk.Rd. Bangkok This year. Small room. No joiners fee. Good location.

In future if I go back to Bangkok I would stay at the Majestic Suites again for stays of less than one week. In Pattaya I would stay at the QV and possibly another hotel with a pool for a week.

no in-room safe,not interested.Its one of the first things i look for when choosing a place to stay.i`ve stayed in places before where they keep your stuff in safes at reception and its a nightmare when you want your stuff and reception is busy.