IGNORED

Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi - Pattaya bus timetable

Laawman

Emailed them this morning about the timetable as I've been hearing about too many conflicting times. This is the reply I received within a couple of hours:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your queries.

Our bus schedule from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya is 8:00/10:00/12:00/14:00/16:00/18:00. The fare is 150 baht per person and it shall be paid to our staff on the bus. This includes company's transportation to your hotel (downtown Pattaya area).

We also provide service from Pattaya to Suvarnbhumi airport and hotels in dowtown Bangkok . The bus schdule is 6:00/9:00/11:00/13:00/ 15:00/17:00/19:00. Only the 9:00, 13:00, and 17:00 buses have connecting transportation to hotels in Bangkok after stopping at Surarnbhumi airport.

The fare is 150 baht/person from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi airport and 300 baht/person from Pattaya to hotels in Bangkok . This includes pick-up and drop-off services from and to your hotels in both cities.

All passengers need to reserve their seats in advance. It would be great if you can reserve your seats at least 7 days prior to your travel date.

Please provide your name, number of seats to be reserved, date & time of your journey and your destination’s name. Then we will review whether it is in our service hours and service area then we will confirm your reservation as soon as possible.

If you have planned for your return trip, you may reserve the seats at the same time.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. And if you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you and best regards,

Ms Sirisong Haewan

Bell Travel Service Co.,Ltd

Tel. Bangkok Office: 02-747-4673, 02-747-4675

Tel. Pattaya Office: 038-370-055, 038-370-056

Suvarnabhumi airport:

Contact number is +66(0)89-449-8843

Edited by Laawman

Be scene and not herd.

The Bell Travel airport bus service is very good, I have used it several times. Don't worry if you do not have a reservation, go to the bottom level at the airport, near door 7 you will see their representative. No need to to negotiate with the taxi touts and much cheaper.

I entirely agree with Gogo Dog. I just turned up at BKK airport 2 weeks ago & gave them a call, no reservation. I got on the Bells bus OK to Pats bus station where they transfer you to a minibus, then got taken straight to my hotel. Superb service.

I didn't realise that you can use them to go from Pats to Bangkok City, I thought they just went to the airport.

Thanks Laawman for the valuable extra piece of info.

:wub:

I read the Jomtien bus to the airport has been terminated due to Hi fuel cost and lack of customers...I drove by the office today and its was closed on soi Chiyapuek..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I tried this bus on my last trip to take me to the airport from Pattaya.

The bus was not really that big - 24 passengers and the ride was extremely bumpy. The seats do recline but I was asked (told?!) by the passenger behind me to put my seat in the upright position because he did not have any leg room.

The bus turned up late by at least 15 minutes at the hotel and then it made frequent stops at other hotels.

There is no toilet on the bus so if you get caught short on the 2 hour journey.....well, you simply just can't afford to get caught short!

The times between the buses are too far apart and with the many stops to pick up other passengers and other delays (there was only one toilet at the bus company office and one passenger was in it for 10 minutes delaying the departure of the bus) means that you can't rely on it to get you to the airport for a specific time.

Bell's last bus from the airport is at 18:00 unfortunately, but apparently there is another company that goes later at 19:00 and maybe later. It's cheaper at B106 but doesn't do the minibus transfer - will let you all know when I come back from Laos next week. Yes, my arrival time is at 17:50!

Be scene and not herd.

What is the email address of the Bell's Bus service? I would like to ask them for a reservation.

aargh!.......... they didn't put the email address in and I can't edit the post now, so.............

[email protected]

Be scene and not herd.

I tried this bus on my last trip to take me to the airport from Pattaya.

The bus was not really that big - 24 passengers and the ride was extremely bumpy. The seats do recline but I was asked (told?!) by the passenger behind me to put my seat in the upright position because he did not have any leg room.

The bus turned up late by at least 15 minutes at the hotel and then it made frequent stops at other hotels.

There is no toilet on the bus so if you get caught short on the 2 hour journey.....well, you simply just can't afford to get caught short!

The times between the buses are too far apart and with the many stops to pick up other passengers and other delays (there was only one toilet at the bus company office and one passenger was in it for 10 minutes delaying the departure of the bus) means that you can't rely on it to get you to the airport for a specific time.

Thanks for this insight, I was thinking of using the bus but I think maybe ill just cab it. The conveinance of being able to stop and not being crapped up in a bus for two hours is a good thought.

Some men like to pay them to stay, I like to pay them to leave...either way you pay.

Sybarite, are you sure you had the Bell transport bus? I have used this bus at least 6-8 times, never had less than a full size coach and never made any stops between pattaya terminal/airport. I can only say that my experiences have been totally the opposite of yours, very efficient booking/email contact and I will continue to use them.

I just got an email back from Bell Travel Service confirming my reservation. :-) They also mentioned that many times, other operators (with inferior services) will try and fool the passengers by holding up signs that look similar to their signs, so I should be looking very specifically for a sign that says "Bell Travel Service" near gate 7 only. Similar signs at any other gates should probably be considered suspect.

Sybarite might have been taken in by one of those phonies.

I have not booked my reservation yet, but I will surely be riding the bus. I will give a report from patts when I get there. 150 baht, cant beat that. I just have to find something to do from 6:40 am till the first bus at 8:00

Just got back from Laos tonight. Thanks to a delay with Lao Aviation at Vientiane I was 90 mins late and so well and truly missed the 18:00 bus. According to the info desk on the ground level there is another company running to Patts but they reckon their last bus is at 17:15. As I couldn't be arsed to go to Ekamai I caught a B1200 taxi instead.......... ah well!

Getting to the airport was OK though, the minibus turned up for me at 14:20 for the 15:00 coach. Bell's have their own a/c office/waiting room at the bus station but I'm not sure if it's any cheaper if you get there under your own steam. The bus was nearly full, so it might be advisable to book ahead; it left bang on time and took just over 90 mins.

Be scene and not herd.

Tried the bell travel company both ways (Airport to Pattaya and back) in March 2008. Excellent service. Highly recommended. No waiting time for me anywhere. I had booked one month in advance. No problems at all. They dropped me till my hotel and picked me up from there...

And yes 150B one way is a steal... I noticed that the 150B fare is only if you reserve online. They were collecting 200B from walk ins...

Edited by ifriendyou