IGNORED

China Garden or Dapartments

CDN75

I couldn't get in at Diana Oasis and wanted to know BM's thoughts on where I should stay. I want something renovated and clean. I was thinking about the Jacuzzi room @ China Garden but I doubt that I will use it. The deck at D apartments looks good plus they have a pool. Any advise from you guys?

I wanted the front with a view balcony Jacuzzi room they seem to be booked up most times at the China garden not for the Jac but for a balcony  ,  ,the other cheaper rooms have a view well the next building wall it seems  so not for me ,, in that sort of area the Boomerang rooms look even better on there website google is your friend and no deposit they are nearly brand new and nice fixtures and fitting some with a front balcony around 1000 brt these look really nice .

I have used D-Apartment and can confirm that rooms are excellent and there is also elevator in new building which is helpful after a night of booze. But there are no views apart from building next door. 

I have never used China Garden and heard great reviews. But I think they don't have elevator.

Personally I prefer the China Garden end of Soi Buakhao that is closer to Soi Honey for early afternoon naughty massages, Good Day massage for good and cheap Thai massage (you can't beat 100 baht for 1 hour) and hole in the wall cheap eats. So my vote goes for China Garden.

I stayed D Apartments last trip and have booked again for the next. Haven't seen China Garden so can't compare the two but D Apts. are modern (book the new buidling!), very clean, big rooms, small rooftop pool, quiet location, girl friendly* (IDs are checked and kept at reception), good wifi, large flat-screen TV and in my opinion good value.

Only downside is there's no restaurant so can't order room service if you get the munchies at 3 in the morning!

Check-in is quick too.....

"Hello, I'm Mr xxxxx I have a reservation by email"

"oh yes, here's your key, room...."

"erm... don't I have to fill in a form and show passport? Most hotels do"

"No sir, enjoy your stay."

That was it!

(Receptionist told me later it was because I had pre-paid deposit of 2 nights by credit card, that gave them all the info they needed).

oh, and also they are NOT on any of the booking sites, you have to book direct by phone or email.

*apparently ladyboy friendly too, but I haven't tested that. Yet!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I stayed in both.

- If you can get jacuzzi room, go to China garden. If you can't get jacuzzi room, go to D-Apartment.

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

Hi this is a bit of a repeat to tne rest but thought I'd add my bit.

I have only stayed at D Apartments and couldnt fault it, staff ar really freindly and tne pool is a great escape for a couple of hours and to shake the headache.

The hotel is quiet as just the right amount out of the way to keep the noise levels down but a nice walk even when I was very drunk.

Cheap place and like mentioned before a very easy check in and family run place.

1200 or 1500 low or high season for a jac room , a lot of decent proper hotel choices or for a bit more unless you must have a Jacuzzi, me nope , rather have a pool a lift an air con reception with a bar to sit , just saying.

Archived