IGNORED

record locator/booking ref used by China Airlines ?

Jumpin Jack Flash

I'm trying to select a seat for my flight to BKK. I'm travelling on China Airlines (flying from AMS).

I've been on the China Airlines website for online check-in, select seat, etc but they are asking for a record locator - a booking reference which starts with a "K". My booking reference starts with an "S" so it doesn't find my details.

I didn't book direct with China Airlines, I booked with Netflights. I've checked my e-ticket and there's no reference numbers beginning with K.

Anyone used China Airlines?  Is it possible to select your seat?   Will I have to call them direct (they have no UK contacts/phone numbers/customer service) ?

Ok, I found the right ref number (via viewtrip.com) and asked about seat selection. Only to get this :

Sorry, the ticket class is not applicable for seat selection

Looks like I'm doomed. Every time I'm on a long haul flight without reserving a seat, I get the middle seat. every fucking time  :Cry3:

China even have business class tickets that don't include seat selection.

*this was true one year ago*

Not bad though, whisky drinkers traveling up front should try the Kavalan which is distilled in Taiwan.

Just called Netflights, they tried to book seat for me but got the same rejection message. It must only be business class and 1st class that get to reserve a seat early.  :NoSad1:

I'll get to check-in early on departure day and try to reserve a seat.

Call China air direct.  I have flown with them a few times.  No problem selecting seat. 

Yes, and if you become a CA member, then you can seat select online from their website.

P.S. Keep that 'Record Locator' handy as it makes it easier to check-in, reference your luggage, etc..

As losgrad said, just join their free frequent flyer program and you can pick your seat.  The only time I couldn't was when I got the deepest discounted ticket off their website.  Still, I was able to by calling their reservation center.  Also, you might have to wait until 30 days before your flight to select your seat.  

I had their site open in another window, checking prices from San Francisco, so I cut their Amsterdam number for you.  31-20-646-1001

One tip I can share when dealing with them.  They're not 24 hours a day at the call center, so I have called London or Tokyo from my cell with free world wide calling to makes changes when I wouldn't afford to wait. 

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Thanks for all the extra info. Checkmytrip doesn't work - I tried both my booking reference number and record locator, just get an error message.

I joined the freq flyers club at China Airlines, then went on their website to reserve a seat, no can do. Same rejection message - not eligible under my ticket.

I guess that just leaves phoning them direct (only reason I didn't do this before was because I only saw China offices/numbers mentioned). I'll try that Amsterdam number, thanks. Fingers crossed !

I haven't called yet - assume they're shut on Xmas day ?

Thanks for the link, just tried virtuallythere.com - but code not recognised, so can't be Sabre they use. 

I'll call them tomorrow (if they're open).

Called them this morning, and they booked me a seat in less than a minute. :GoldenSmile1:

Great service. Fingers crossed they don't change it before check-in now.

13 days to wheels up  :Party3:

Archived