Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Russian Man Killed Instantly on R6 Motorbike

Pattaya Daily News

image5.jpg
A 26 year old Russian man was killed instantly after losing control of a high powered bike. He suffered massive head injuries and a severed leg. The incident happened on the Sukhumvit road north Pattaya.

PATTAYA – December 16, 2013 [PDN]; at 1.30 a.m. Pol. Lt. Nakhornrach Nonsrirach (Investigation police on duty of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified that there was a foreign man who lost control and collided with a steel bumper on the side of the road and died instantly. The incident occurred on Sukhumvit road in front of the Shell petrol station , north Pattaya, entrance route to Chonburi, Moo 6 Tambon Na Kluea, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province, so he rushed to inspect at scene together with Sawangboribul Tharmmasatharn foundation, Pattaya city.

At the incident the officers found the corpse of a Russian man. He had suffered a fractured skull his leg was severed and it was on the other side of the road. He was wearing a black T-shirt and jeans. The police searched him and found the motorbike rental document of Ameenah Pattaya Land Soi 2 which indicated the name of Mr. Chore Dnichonko, aged 26, from Russian who was staying at the Welcome Plaza hotel, room number 314, the police assumed that this document belonged to the deceased so they kept it for evidence. Approximately 120 meters away , in front of the 7-Eleven shop at the beginning of Soi Photisarn the officers found a black Yamaha R-6 size 600 cc., license number JOR CHOR TOR-421, Chonburi, which was severely damaged and its front wheel was missing. From investigating accident, the police perceived that the deceased was riding at high speed from north Pattaya and when he arrived at the incident point he lost control and collided with the steel bumper on the side of the road killing him instantly. The body was then taken to Banglamung in order to perform an autopsy before reporting the incident to the Russian embassy.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Amnoychai Malila
Photo : Amnoychai Malila

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

R I P

I cant understand why anyone would hire a powerful bike like that around pattaya. The traffic is just too crazy . Better to putt along on a 125cc motocy and enjoy the scenery

12 Pints in Know it all

RIP....anyone thinking of renting one of these powerful bikes over the comming festive period please take note, it's just an invitation to death..and you can't open them up with the traffic hear so what's the point of having one...poor man only 26

Waste of life, More to come like this everyday in Pattaya. That is why I wont be into bikes,

he had no consideration for anyone else. so why all the feeling sorry for him

Sorry to be the one to say, but this guy was obviously speeding ("The bike was found 120 metres from the body") and in total disregard of other motorists safety.  If you rent a crotch rocket and drive it without respecting its power or the rules of the motorway, then you are asking for it.

He got what he deserved - no sympathy from me.  R.I.P.

This should serve as a lesson for others that are considering renting speed bikes (or any other motorized bike or car) and not respecting them or others on the motorway.

RIP for this guy but riding these high powered bikes is as much a danger to the rest of us. Can you imagine if he had taken out some poor thai girl on her moped.

RIP for this guy but riding these high powered bikes is as much a danger to the rest of us. 

tired of seeing the same old stupid commments in threads like this.

riding a high powered bike irresponsibly/recklessley is what is dangerous, a big bike on its own is NOT dangerous at all

several large motorcycle riders are cruising around pattaya at sensible speeds being completely safe.

shit tons of people die or cause accidents on small motorbikes as well..... engine size has NOTHING to do with a persons level of bike control and responsibility.

riding a high powered bike irresponsibly/recklessley is what is dangerous, a big bike on its own is NOT dangerous at all

several large motorcycle riders are cruising around pattaya at sensible speeds being completely safe.

shit tons of people die or cause accidents on small motorbikes as well..... engine size has NOTHING to do with a persons level of bike control and responsibility.

Good point(s). As a motorcycle owner/driver, i agree 100% on both points.

Edit: changed highlighted areas to red so as not to confuse readers with black highlighted areas from OP.

One problem is these people rent these bikes having never driven anything like it before.

They have no idea what they are doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

One problem is these people rent these bikes having never driven anything like it before.

They have no idea what they are doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

yep....this probably has a lot to do with it, minimal experience

i was very tempted to get a 600cc+ bike as my first bike (i never rode one back home).... but instead i decided it would be better to learn on a 250cc, and im glad that i did, because even on the 250 ive nearly injured/killed myself a few times when i was learning to ride on busy pattaya streets (probably worst possible place to teach yourself to ride).... now i still have the 250..... i have a strong urge to upgrade to a 600, but not for the power or speed, mostly for the sound.... they just sound absolutely fantastic.... the smaller bikes sound like weak little fart compared to a proper big bike.... being an enthusiast, the auditory experience is a big part of the enjoyment of any car or bike for me

I think the perception by some of us is that it's potentially dangerous to have these machines available on hire to all and sundry regardless of ability.

Those who own them are generally more likely to ride them responsibly.

Turning such bikes loose in a congested city like Pattaya in the hands of inexperienced, unqualified holidaymakers just seems ridiculous.

The power and weight of the big bikes is what makes so many accidents on them so dramatic.

We see inexperienced riders wobble off from Beach Road on them every day, yet within a few minutes they can't resist giving the throttle a big twist.

Even without the alcohol factor here, some of those guys are reckless and irresponsible and they're being turned loose on potentially lethal weapons.

As a long term rider of up to 1200cc bikes back home I wouldn't even think of trusting myself with more than 250cc here.

I can get in more than enough trouble on that.

I suppose a loaded .38 revolver is not inherently dangerous..............

............ but I'd still rather only the BiB had them at least.  :Think1:

On any sports bike the riding position puts weight on the wrists and the temptation is to go at least 100mph to feel comfortable, personally i enjoy the comfort and safety of the more upright/naked bikes or cruisers but the dangers of riding round Pattaya take away any pleasure so best stick to baht buses as often as possible. Too many close shaves with death tend to make you think is it worth it ? But if adreneline is your thing then good luck..

I think the perception by some of us is that it's potentially dangerous to have these machines available on hire to all and sundry regardless of ability.

Those who own them are generally more likely to ride them responsibly.

Turning such bikes loose in a congested city like Pattaya in the hands of inexperienced, unqualified holidaymakers just seems ridiculous.

The power and weight of the big bikes is what makes so many accidents on them so dramatic.

We see inexperienced riders wobble off from Beach Road on them every day, yet within a few minutes they can't resist giving the throttle a big twist.

Even without the alcohol factor here, some of those guys are reckless and irresponsible and they're being turned loose on potentially lethal weapons.

As a long term rider of up to 1200cc bikes back home I wouldn't even think of trusting myself with more than 250cc here.

I can get in more than enough trouble on that.

I suppose a loaded .38 revolver is not inherently dangerous..............

............ but I'd still rather only the BiB had them at least.  :Think1:

good points ... but the thais wont stop renting to them as long as there is money to be made

the gov could legislate that they need to check for a valid motorcycle license before rental.... but that would completely kill 99% of the rental business, so theyd never do it.

in addition, having a license doesnt make anyone a safe responsible driver anyway....it just means they passed a standard test of basic control..... there is just no way to screen people for responsibility.

another potential option, they could limit big bike rentals to long term only like 30days +... no short term rentals would cut back on the amount of inexperienced joy riders just looking for a quick thrill... a guy who isnt a regular rider is not going to pay up for a 30+ rental.... but once again, this would kill the large majority of their profits, so theyd never do that.

personally i enjoy the current system, its one of the things i enjoy about thailand.... minimal regulation and more personal freedom to take your life and safety into your own hands..... sure it results in more deaths, but those deaths are natural selection, it is how nature is intended to work..... sure there is the potential for them to also harm or kill someone else besides themselves, but its rare.... the majority of the big bike accidents it is the driver that dies, and no one else is hurt.

I have to hand it to the blokes who ride around Pattaya on Pushbikes for their 'I don't give a fuck' attitude. .

It's not something i would do and having never ridden any kind of motorbike in my life before,I won't be doing so any time soon in an asian country.

I'll stick to driving vehicles that have 4 wheels.

I've ridden sports bikes for 14 years and commuting on bike every day for several years - and still I would never rent a bike in Pattaya!

I don't blame other for doing so and I see the obvious advantages, but I have personally seen 4 near death experiences involving motor bikes in Pattaya - and none of them was actually the motor bike driver's fault!

Cars changing lanes, people crossing road without looking etc. It's not that I don't trust my driving skills, I just don't trust the surroundings in Pattaya.

BTW; I have also been involved in an accident on a crashing bathbus on Beach Road, so perhaps you can't win no matter what :-)

(Bath bus crashed into parked car in front with maybe 40kmh. I got a lot of bruses, but not as bad as the tiny poor Thai Girl in front of me who took my 6.5" body coming sideways into her - poor thing cushioned my crash and copped it pretty bad herself).

BACK IN PATTS October 5th - 15th 2016!

R I P

I cant understand why anyone would hire a powerful bike like that around pattaya. The traffic is just too crazy . Better to putt along on a 125cc motocy and enjoy the scenery

im with you on that, its bad enough getting of the bhat bus or just crossing the road.

RIP

you can't open them up with the traffic hear

Yeah, once you open them up you can't hear.

up to you

he had no consideration for anyone else. so why all the feeling sorry for him

Scottish? U are all heart mate. Ever considered becoming a bereavement councillor. How do u know he had now consideration for anyone else???

Archived