IGNORED

Visa to Australia

Devolved1000

I know there is another thread about this, but I'd thought I'd start a new one to get more replies.

My TGF and I have been dating for 1 years. Ive spent a total of 5 months with her (in Thailand). I want her to visit me in Australia for 3 months.

Problem is, financial, as she doesn't have much money, or any assets. She is 24 years old, and works as an engineer. She is highly educated university degree.

I know I'd have to sponsor her, but i don't have much money myself. No assets, and maybe $5,000 in the bank, and a casual job. I make good money when working, but since Ive traveled to Thailand, I only made about $40k last year. I clearly make enough money to support her while she is here, but the immigration people may not.

Another point to make, is that she will be resigning from her job, technically she will be unemployed. I don't see how she can show evidence of returning to her job. Even if she kept her current job, she can only manage 10 days off work, which in my opinion isn't enough time to spend in Australia with me. Would it be ok for her to show her previous work record, and say that she will be going back to work again when going home? (which is true as she will be)

Am I wasting my time here?

Your not necessarily wasting your time.  You said she "she doesn't have much money or assets".  She will need to have some money in the bank so you may need to transfer some money to her - maybe as little as 30,000 might do it.  You should also write a covering letter explaining your relationship and back it up with evidence such as photos of the two of you at various times.  Helpful if the photos include more than just tourist stuff - photos of her family and her home would be good.  She should show evidence that she has a degree and that she currently has a job in that field.  If she has to resign then so be it, but you don't need to mention that and nor does she.  An employers letter saying she works there now and will be welcomed back to it when she returns would be helpful but is not essential.  What is essential is that she can provide enough information about herself that the Immigration officer is satisfied that she will return to Thailand before the visa expires.  Your supporting letter should make it clear that she will be living with you and you are supplying her with food and lodgings and that you will meet all of her incidental expenses.  Thais have a pretty good record of returning home in accordance with their visa conditions so the hurdles you have to jump over and not as high as you might imagine.  If you don't want to be explicit about what you have in the bank to support her, back up your covering letter with a stat dec stating the key points you will be doing to ensure she meets the requirements of the visa ( don't waffle in the stat dec just state facts - waffle in the covering letter if you think it helps your cause).   Thais don't have quite such a good record of meeting the "no work" condition of their tourist visa so make sure you cover that point well.  Don't throw the idea away because of negative comments you may get here.  And even if you do get knocked back then you can ask for a reason and use that as a spur on to try again in a few months after you and she can address that reason.  Give both of you something to work towards.  Having another go 3 to 6 months later demonstrates a degree of commitment between the two of you and can help overcome any doubts the immigration authorities may have iabout your initial application.  I managed to get a visa for a Thai girl  -  certainly no engineer lol and she had no job or assets and I provided no bank statements myself - in fact I didn't have a job at the time.  I told no lies in the application at all But I did transfer 30000 baht into her account and cover the key requirements of a tourist visa - no working, returning on time and the means to sustain herself while in Aus.

I know there is another thread about this, but I'd thought I'd start a new one to get more replies.

My TGF and I have been dating for 1 years. Ive spent a total of 5 months with her (in Thailand). I want her to visit me in Australia for 3 months.

Problem is, financial, as she doesn't have much money, or any assets. She is 24 years old, and works as an engineer. She is highly educated university degree.

I know I'd have to sponsor her, but i don't have much money myself. No assets, and maybe $5,000 in the bank, and a casual job. I make good money when working, but since Ive traveled to Thailand, I only made about $40k last year. I clearly make enough money to support her while she is here, but the immigration people may not.

Another point to make, is that she will be resigning from her job, technically she will be unemployed. I don't see how she can show evidence of returning to her job. Even if she kept her current job, she can only manage 10 days off work, which in my opinion isn't enough time to spend in Australia with me. Would it be ok for her to show her previous work record, and say that she will be going back to work again when going home? (which is true as she will be)

Am I wasting my time here?

I just got a 3-month visa for my TGF, we'll be going to Perth end of Jan. She doesn't have a job and I get a pension, I did put some money into her bank to bang up the balance, plus I sent a bunch of photos of us together with the application, so they could see we're a loving couple. I do own an apartment in Perth, so I think that's a big plus factor as I'll be providing accomm' for the applicant. I've been told they like to see a minimum of 1K AUD per month, so if TGF has 3K that's sufficient, of course more is better. I've heard of TGs having insufficient money and only getting a visa for 1 month or 2 months, so make sure she has 3K+.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

In my experience, I've only showed funds once, after that for more visa's I have not shown any money at all.

If your sponsoring her, that'll be your role. incentive for her to return like family and friends will help

ummm

Your not necessarily wasting your time.  You said she "she doesn't have much money or assets".  She will need to have some money in the bank so you may need to transfer some money to her - maybe as little as 30,000 might do it.  You should also write a covering letter explaining your relationship and back it up with evidence such as photos of the two of you at various times.  Helpful if the photos include more than just tourist stuff - photos of her family and her home would be good.  She should show evidence that she has a degree and that she currently has a job in that field.  If she has to resign then so be it, but you don't need to mention that and nor does she.  An employers letter saying she works there now and will be welcomed back to it when she returns would be helpful but is not essential.  What is essential is that she can provide enough information about herself that the Immigration officer is satisfied that she will return to Thailand before the visa expires.  Your supporting letter should make it clear that she will be living with you and you are supplying her with food and lodgings and that you will meet all of her incidental expenses.  Thais have a pretty good record of returning home in accordance with their visa conditions so the hurdles you have to jump over and not as high as you might imagine.  If you don't want to be explicit about what you have in the bank to support her, back up your covering letter with a stat dec stating the key points you will be doing to ensure she meets the requirements of the visa ( don't waffle in the stat dec just state facts - waffle in the covering letter if you think it helps your cause).   Thais don't have quite such a good record of meeting the "no work" condition of their tourist visa so make sure you cover that point well.  Don't throw the idea away because of negative comments you may get here.  And even if you do get knocked back then you can ask for a reason and use that as a spur on to try again in a few months after you and she can address that reason.  Give both of you something to work towards.  Having another go 3 to 6 months later demonstrates a degree of commitment between the two of you and can help overcome any doubts the immigration authorities may have iabout your initial application.  I managed to get a visa for a Thai girl  -  certainly no engineer lol and she had no job or assets and I provided no bank statements myself - in fact I didn't have a job at the time.  I told no lies in the application at all But I did transfer 30000 baht into her account and cover the key requirements of a tourist visa - no working, returning on time and the means to sustain herself while in Aus.

Do I need to do a stat Dec? I didn't read anywhere on the form 1419 that I need one. Is just showing my groups certificate of last year ok? and 3-4 previous pay slips enough? LAst financial year I earned about $30,000 (That also includes 4 months of being in Thailand without pay)

Lately I have been averaging about $1000 per week after tax, is that enough proof for having enough money? I'll also send her 30,000 baht to her bank account, and I told her to copy her balance after she gets paid, therefore will bump up her bank balance to around 50,000 baht.

Do I need to do a stat Dec? I didn't read anywhere on the form 1419 that I need one. Is just showing my groups certificate of last year ok? and 3-4 previous pay slips enough? LAst financial year I earned about $30,000 (That also includes 4 months of being in Thailand without pay)

Lately I have been averaging about $1000 per week after tax, is that enough proof for having enough money? I'll also send her 30,000 baht to her bank account, and I told her to copy her balance after she gets paid, therefore will bump up her bank balance to around 50,000 baht.

This is what I have used and many other aussie BM's

http://www.ozvisathai.com/  it has all the forms you will need and stat dec also has a visa application list ...

Even has example letters to write 

Good Luck

This is what I have used and many other aussie BM's

http://www.ozvisathai.com/  it has all the forms you will need and stat dec also has a visa application list ...

Even has example letters to write 

Good Luck

Thanks, that site helped a great deal.

Just one other thing, I'm in Australia right now, and she is in Thailand. Should I scan the documents and send them to her? does a stat dec have to be original copy?

Thanks, that site helped a great deal.

Just one other thing, I'm in Australia right now, and she is in Thailand. Should I scan the documents and send them to her? does a stat dec have to be original copy?

I filled in the application form on my laptop using Abode. I preferred it that way to filling in by hand, it's easier to read and looks neat and professional. Then after I had printed the form out and printed out the cover letters - one from me and one from GF, I got GF to sign the form and her cover letter. I also carefully explained every Q&A to her in case someone from the embassy phoned her and queried anything.  

If I was in your situation I'd download and complete the form on her behalf, write up the cover letters, then email those docs to her. Have her print them out and sign, then she can send them off. I'd also do an internet cam chat with her and each have a copy of the completed application form, and go through each point step by step, explaining everything to her so she understands the application.

Alternatively, you could send her to a visa agent like Darren at Key Visa and pay a bit more but he'll take care of everything.

I filled in the application form on my laptop using Abode. I preferred it that way to filling in by hand, it's easier to read and looks neat and professional. Then after I had printed the form out and printed out the cover letters - one from me and one from GF, I got GF to sign the form and her cover letter. I also carefully explained every Q&A to her in case someone from the embassy phoned her and queried anything.  

If I was in your situation I'd download and complete the form on her behalf, write up the cover letters, then email those docs to her. Have her print them out and sign, then she can send them off. I'd also do an internet cam chat with her and each have a copy of the completed application form, and go through each point step by step, explaining everything to her so she understands the application.

Alternatively, you could send her to a visa agent like Darren at Key Visa and pay a bit more but he'll take care of everything.

I like this Idea. I'll get her to fill it out through adobe, then send to me. i can read it and check it. my gf is university educated and has good English, she probably understands it more than me. I can post all my documents to her by mail.

My TGF would be disgusted if I asked her to go to Pattaya 555

Since she has a university degree you may like to consider a holiday work visa: Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

To the OP

If you're concerned about appearing to have sufficient funds to support her, do you have parents or siblings that could help out?

For example a parent or sibling could supply a letter along the lines of .....

my son / brother wishes to bring his TGF to Australia to spend some holiday time & meet our family. We know he is in a genuine relationship with her and very much support the visit. Our family would be pleased to offer them our full support including financial, accommodation, airfares etc. in order to facilitate the holiday....

A genuine show of support surely couldn't hurt IMHO. Just suggesting something outside the box which may help.

To the OP

If you're concerned about appearing to have sufficient funds to support her, do you have parents or siblings that could help out?

my son / brother wishes to bring his TGF to Australia to spend some holiday time & meet our family. We know he is in a genuine relationship with her and very much support the visit. Our family would be pleased to offer them our full support including financial, accommodation, airfares etc. in order to facilitate the holiday....

A genuine show of support surely couldn't hurt IMHO. Just suggesting something outside the box which may help.

OP sponsors GF..family sponsor GF 5555..lucky gal 

To the OP

well, my parents have 3 investment properties, and are doing very well off (which is why i can live here on the cheap and holiday to thailand)

I can use them for sponsor I guess, but I want to leave that as a last resort, as i may have to pay back favors with mowing the lawn and washing the cars :D

You don't have to be the one to sponsor her, can be your parents, a mate or whoever .. And the sponsor letter doesn't have to be more than a couple lines ... Basically saying will look after accommodation and any unforeseen financial problems ... In case of medical urgency or so ... Good luck

Yup cool, I'm going to do that.

I'm going to do the stat dec for myself as sponsor, and get my mum to write a letter saying that if I get financial problems, etc, she can cover the cost.

Just some more questions

1. Whats the best way for me to buy her a plane ticket? can I purchase it myself online, say webjet, put her name down, and pay with my credit card, and send her the etickets?

2. Whats the best insurance I can get for her? and again can I pay for it with my credit card, but in her name?

I don't really want to send her money for this, as I know I'll have to pay fees for the exchange etc

Yup cool, I'm going to do that.

I'm going to do the stat dec for myself as sponsor, and get my mum to write a letter saying that if I get financial problems, etc, she can cover the cost.Dont mention that if you get financial problems just looks bad if you say this imho

Just some more questions

1. Whats the best way for me to buy her a plane ticket? can I purchase it myself online, say webjet, put her name down, and pay with my credit card, and send her the etickets? Yes you can I use expedia.com

2. Whats the best insurance I can get for her? and again can I pay for it with my credit card, but in her name? Yes I use Covermore

I don't really want to send her money for this, as I know I'll have to pay fees for the exchange etc

Why not just book and pay for her air tickets yourself directly on the airline's website? That's what I always do - Air Asia, Tiger, Jetstar.

Why not just book and pay for her air tickets yourself directly on the airline's website? That's what I always do - Air Asia, Tiger, Jetstar.

The problem with booking directly with a credit card is that some airlines demand to see the credit card on check in. If it can not be produced (or another form of payment made) the person will not be allowed to board.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with booking directly with a credit card is that some airlines demand to see the credit card on check in. If it can not be produced (or another form of payment made) the person will not be allowed to board.

thats what im worried about.

She says there is a travel agent in BKK, that will sell her qantas return to Sydney, for only 27,000 baht. Is that fare?  seems like i cannot find anything less than 39,000 using airline websites or webjet.

Also she is on her way to Immigration office now, to see if she got the visa or not. I'll know in 20 minutes if yes or no.

If you book thai airways with your credit card, you can sign a form and fax it to them to say you won't be present with credit card -this gives her permission to board without it

ummm

So 10 minutes ago my TGF said she was waiting outside immigration department to get her passport, to know if she got visa or not. Few days ago, she got a phone call from them asking how much money she has in bank. This sent shock waves to my brain, thinking they knocked it back. Ive been on edge for a few days waiting.

Just had a cigarette shaking. Anyways she replies to me, and says she got the visa! 3 months. I'm so happy right now.

I'd like to thank all those who shared with me such awesome information, that helped me in getting the visa. I owe you guys a beer next time in Pattaya !

So 10 minutes ago my TGF said she was waiting outside immigration department to get her passport, to know if she got visa or not. Few days ago, she got a phone call from them asking how much money she has in bank. This sent shock waves to my brain, thinking they knocked it back. Ive been on edge for a few days waiting.

Just had a cigarette shaking. Anyways she replies to me, and says she got the visa! 3 months. I'm so happy right now.

I'd like to thank all those who shared with me such awesome information, that helped me in getting the visa. I owe you guys a beer next time in Pattaya !

Well done  :GoldenSmile1:

Good work Devolved, I hope your TGF enjoys her stay in Oz.

I know how you feel in the lead up to applying, putting all the info together and then the wait. I find that I tend to over analyze every aspect of the application, better to be on the safe side though.

My TGF arrives next Wednesday, I'm tipping she will enjoy the weather over summer a tad more than her winter visit last year! However, I thoroughly enjoyed the look of amazement on her face when she first sighted and then played with snow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Archived