IGNORED

Learning while mongering?

Shanks

Any of you guys ever ask a BG to help you with your thai? Do you tip her for it? I know Bryan said he sometimes asks for help from TGs, but how about hte rest of you?

I pick up the odd bits of thai from BG's.

Always a bit wary of what they teach me though.

I've heard some of the lanague they use can be slang? or isaan slang? which can give the game away about where you learnt thai when you speak it?

I also find the regional differances a pain sometimes. Several words i've learnt are pronouced differently by different people.

My ex-tilaks family were always correcting me saying "aloy" as "aroy". Yet back here in pats everyone seems to say "aloy".

her family were part cambodian which didn't help either as they tried to teach me cambodian words.

Any of you guys ever ask a BG to help you with your thai? Do you tip her for it? I know Bryan said he sometimes asks for help from TGs, but how about hte rest of you?

the few things i learned, were a.) female gender specific and she didnt correct me to use masculine b.) was slang. i used both in BKK and i got the most fucked up looks.

after that, i didnt want to learn from a BG

I think that the girls are happy to help, no tip necessary apart from the usual lady drink. I would make sure that what they are teaching you is actually Thai and not Isaan dialect (unless that's what you want). I learned a Thai expression I had never heard before last night from a BG; "Gong Khee Khwai" (Riding a bufallo box) which means somebody admiring somebody quietly without them knowing.

Maybe I should get some tips from the BGs, last night when I strolled down Soi 6 three different girls were waiting for me to translate emails for them lol. Actually I get a bit of a kick from reading them, there are some pretty naive sponsors out there.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I really don't trust them to teach me anything..Alot of it will be B/S or dirty words that will make you look like a fool..The different dialects dont help..Lao words are used alot from Thai bar girls..Get a qualified Teacher or a real good book/tapes to avoid the trash that many Thai girls will teach..I dont think anyone with more then a 6th grade education can teach me anything...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

yes, you have to be aware that 'lang hoi' is not an expression most polite Thai people would use