IGNORED

Pattaya orphanage.

Loso4ever

Dear members.

I would like bring this topic to your attention regarding the poor children who found sanctuary in an orphanage home in Pattaya.

I read an article that this place was almost shut down, which would have been a dissaster for these children. Thanks to the efforts of many people this home for many children who have been saved.

here is the link to their website below,

Pattayaorphanage

You can read about this place. Here you can also make a donation if you feel that you want to give these little children a better future.

Edited by Sir Alleycat
Adding link

Hi mate. Thankyou for posting this here it is much appreciated. It affords the BM's here that love Thailand so much, the opportunity to give something back via this most worthy of causes. :Good_One:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Is this Father Ray's orphanage?

If so it's an excellent idea to give generously... My wife and I visited it the last time I was in Pattaya to make merit...

I believe it to be totally on the level, and worthy of our patronage

Murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

A very worthy cause to support in my humble opinion.....

Hopefully these Kids will get a better chance in life, without the pressure of having to support the family.

Please donate as much as you can...

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Here are some highlights from the article that cought my attention:

The centre, founded by the late Fr Ray Brennan, which has cared for thousands of abandoned babies and children over the last 25 years, was in danger of being shut down, after the local diocese took it over from the Redemptorists in January and evicted a number of workers and volunteers.

More than a thousand supporters signed an on-line petition urging the Bishop of Chanthaburi to keep the orphanage open. The charity`s director Andrew Scadding and trustee Fr Marcus Stock traveled to Thailand to discuss a new agreement.

On Monday, Mr Scadding told supporters in a letter: "I am delighted to be able to tell you that the new management at the Orphanage and the Pattaya Orphanage Trust have reached an agreement that will enable the Trust to continue to support the Orphanage with confidence and enthusiasm.

The very widespread support for the Orphanage and the children which was evidenced by the petition is a great encouragementto all of us, and we thank you most warmly for caring.

For more information about the Orphanage you can visit the link Allen added here above. Thanks for all kinds of support, because these kids didn`t choose to beleft alone.

Is this Father Ray's orphanage?

If so it's an excellent idea to give generously... My wife and I visited it the last time I was in Pattaya to make merit...

I believe it to be totally on the level, and worthy of our patronage

Murg

You`re right Captain what we are talking here about is the legacy of Father Ray`s orphanage. I`m very happy that it has been saved over Eastern, because it seemed to be a close call for the downfall of the orphanage.

I just made a donation and it's the least we can do. If possible, I'd like to volunteer at the orphanage during my May trip. As BM's, it's obvious that we'll be in Pattaya at one time or another and it's certainly not just a place for us to party.

Thanks for making a good effort mate. Let us know what it`s like when you are there in May. Have a great time in Patts. :HappyBDay1:

I have had the pleasure of helping out at the sister orphanage to this one up near Nong Khai. Sometimes its a struggle for the people running them to provide enough for the kids. Every little bit helps guys so i would encourage those who can to donate something.

Testicles

The story of the shutdown almost beggars belief.

The new Catholic Bishop of Chonburi wanted to sell the land to a property developer and gave 400 kids 2 weeks notice to quit. So much for Christian values!?

Apparently the Italian Count who was the original benefactor flew immediately to Thailand and made it clear that the land could not be sold under the terms of his original benefaction. I understand that has (currently) held sway but is subject to the courts now.

Guys if you are IN Pattaya then take a goody bag NOT cash. They much prefer this.

They always urgently need

Toiletries i.e. shampoo, soap, toothpaste

Nappies

Baby Milk by the gallon load.

Clothes - 2nd hand is fine.

1000 baht at BigC can buy a lot of those.

I dont wish to demean the collection of the Trust but they are in England and so naturally some of your donation doesn't reach the kids as they have costs. That is NOT a criticism of them in any way as its a fact of life.

However if you are here, or planning a trip, why not VISIT the orphanage in person and take a goody bag along. I assure you its well worth it.

The link in the OPs post goes to the Pattaya Orphanage Trust, which is a UK organisation and fund raiser. They are just one source of funds for the Orphanage (albeit the biggest).

Here is the link to the Orphanage Site per se (it is in conjunction with the Blind School etc). If you donate via THIS site then a higher portion of your money will arrive AND it will ALL go in Pattaya (The PO Trust supports other projects in Thailand not only Pattaya). I am not saying that supporting other projects isnt worthwhile but if you specifically want your donation to end up in Pattaya you need to use the website below.

http://www.fr-ray.org/

I REPEAT - this is NOT a criticism in any way of the POT I am simply making BMs aware of the official site and the "goody bag" option!

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I am with whitespider on this on, I personally would take items they can use immediately. I can also recommend spending the day there. You can feed all the children (does not cost that much, not sure about Pattaya but in CM it cost me approx 4000 baht to feed all the kids in the home) and it does bring lots of joy to the kids if you spend some time playing with them.

Have to echo Sinkorswim's comments. These kids have more brothers and sisters than you or I will ever have. What they don't have and what they crave is contact with adults. They have very few mother/father figures. They NEED adults to pay them some good attention. You can not sit down in one of these orphanages without being pounced upon by a group of kids. Go out there and have a laugh with them, play some games, kick a football around with them (even better buy a football and take it with you).

Its very rare in this day and age that by giving up a few hours of one day or your life can be the highlight of a childs month. Its a very rewarding experience. When one of these kids who have less than nothing smiles at you it gives you a feeling on the inside that can not be matched.

Be warned. These visits can be emotionally challenging.

Testicles

Below are some ideas or suggestions of how to help out at the orphanage. Some of the info is from previous posts. I don’t think the OP’s will mind me recycling their posts. Its to give you an idea of what you could give instead of cash and also how you can help should you decide to pay them a visit.

What they do need is soap, shampoo, band aids, tooth brushes, tooth paste, first aid kits, cleaning supplies (floor cleaner, window cleaner, disinfectant for the bath rooms, dish cleaner), food, clothes new or used, anything educational, even on computers all the homes have both new and used computers as the hotels have donated there old ones to them, they need people to spend a day and show them how to use them, vocational training is real big on the list, when the kids turn 18 they are turned lose on the streets.

They will take old clothes as it’s also used as vocational training for the girls to re-do them for the other children to wear, as well as books, hygiene products and food, some guys have gone out and spent a day teaching kids how to play musical instruments (piano, guitar, sax, flute, clarinet and drums) some guys go out on Saturday which is sports day and get a team up to play football, basketball and volleyball. There’s a mystery man who show up once a month and brings ice cream out there! And if you just want to go out and make a private donation or to sponsor a child you can do that as well

Pens & Pencils are always welcome for thier school work as well.

I have worked in orpahanges in Vietnam and helped out in an orphanage for HIV kids up near Nong Khai and everytime i head over my bags are overloaded with kids clothes and toys. Even if you have a few items of kids clothing, bring em along. Either organise to get em to Whitespider or you can drop em off at the orpahange in Pattaya when you get to LOS. Alternatively postal costs in LOS are cheap as. Just package the stuff up and post it from Pattaya. If you want to give cash, then hand it over yourself at the orphanage but ONLY TO SENIOR STAFF (Priests, Nuns etc)

If anyone wants the details of the orphanage near Nong Khai then PM me and i can send you the postal address so you can send them there as well. Its amazing how much joy can be bought to the face of a little kid by just one dress.

There are many, many great organisations who are in need of help all over Thailand. I'm not advocating that any is more deserving than any other. Father Ray's place in Pattaya is amazing. The kids from the Nong Khai orphanage come down to the Pattaya orphanage once a year as its the only place in Thailand that is willing to accept a large group(100+) of HIV/AIDS kids for a weeks vacation.

One other point. Think twice about bringing candy/sweets/chocolate. Dental costs are expensive.

Testicles

Thanks Shuggy for the imformation on what's good to donate,

I will be out there in April around the 28th and will gladly hire a pickup to ferry goods bought, to the orphanage. If anyone who is out there at the same as me would like to help p.m. me and we'll set it up.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Thanks Shuggy for the imformation on what's good to donate,

I will be out there in April around the 28th and will gladly hire a pickup to ferry goods bought, to the orphanage. If anyone who is out there at the same as me would like to help p.m. me and we'll set it up.

I'm very interested in going with you to the orphanage, but won't get into Pattaya until May 7th. I'll PM you with more details. Regardless, it'd be great if we can all pitch in one way or another. :rolleyes:

Of course afterwards, we can reward ourselves with some beers and adult fun back in town!

Dirty Disco, FYI your inbox is full so I'm not able to PM you.

Edited by Millard

Thumbs up guys for the welbeing that`s starting to develop here. :Grin_Jump1: I too find it that the kids are in need and that any kind of help for them is well spend. If I would be there soon I would join up with you guys to give a helping hand and to get a smile again on the faces of these children. They deserve a bit of happiness in their lives and if we can help with some goods and attention I can only say to all of you to go on this way that we want to go. :rolleyes:

Good Post Shuggy

I would be glad to help out in someway I am in town in July for three weeks and would be willing to go and buy some stuff I am a lazy prick and need some organizing , i'd never do it myself but if anyone around July wants to get together and organise something illgladly contribute and participate.

Hi all,

I was very interested to read this thread and would like to make a few comments, if I may.

The Pattaya Orphanage Trust, based in London, does have huge overheads and they support a number of projects throughout Thailand. If you wish to donate directly to the orphanage, then please check out http://thepattayaorphanage.org/ - this is run by the new management of the orphanage.

From the information I have had, and I have been following the saga for some considerable time now, there was never any question over the continuation of the orphanage, all that changed is the Father Ray Foundation was denied an extension of the lease that expired 1st January and the diocese took over the management. This will have been after discussion and not on just 'two weeks notice', the Father Ray Foundation only revealed the problem when there were only two weeks to go and discussions had broken down. Money sent to the Father Ray Foundation will NOT go towards the orphanage, nor the school for the deaf, but it will go towards the other projects they have in Pattaya.

The Pattaya Orphanage Trust suspended all support to the children on 1st January but have recently signed a contract with the new management to continue the supply of funds. With their huge overheads and numerous other projects, to be certain of money going to the children, I would recommend direct donation via the http://thepattayaorphanage.org/ website directions.You need to go to the menu where it says "donation", unlike the Pattaya Orphanage Trust, they do not have a number of buttons to click on every page.

I am not allied to the new management in any way, just concerned about the children.

“love isn’t what people say, it’s what they do. Love is an action; it’s not an emotion.â€

Eric Clapton

• 1 month later...

This is an excellent thread, I will support the Orphanage the next time I visit.

I agree with the notion of spending the day there and taking things that can be used by the orphanage. I will definately contribute when Im there next month.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Be warned. These visits can be emotionally challenging.

Humbling is how I would describe it.

I'm going to be in town May 7th - 18th and determined to spend some time volunteering at the orphanage. If anyone wants to join me, let me know. Also, I'll be a Pattaya 1st timer, so your guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys for all the help that you are willing to give to the orphanage.

I`m sure the kids will be thrilled with some good help and even more the attention they will get from all of you.

Thumbs up to you all. :Bravo1::Thanks3::Clap7::D

I'd also like to lend helping hands to this worthy cause. I'll be getting to Patts on May 9th. Millard maybe we can arrange something, also my first Pattaya experience.

Roil.

Change is Eternal.

I'd also like to lend helping hands to this worthy cause. I'll be getting to Patts on May 9th. Millard maybe we can arrange something, also my first Pattaya experience.

Roil.

Sounds great. Those kids deserve all that we can do for them. I'll PM you with my cell number when I arrive. At the very least, we can get lost together! :Chokdee3:

Edited by Millard