IGNORED

Replacing broken iPhone glass

heathcliff81

I have an iPhone 5 with a broken glass. I checked with Apple Store here in the UK and they want £200 for fixing it. I am wondering if I can get it done cheaper in either Bangkok or Pattaya? Don't want to be spending too much as I already have a 5S and will be using this one just for testing and such.

Any info is appreciated.

I bet you can, at tukcom...

I know I can get it done locally in my town in the USA for about 100 bucks... check craigslist for your home area and BKK maybe?  

they are on ebay for about 20/25 £ , you can fit them yourself if you look up utube !! :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1: 

((how the f**k did the writing change ?? ) 

they are on ebay for about 20/25 £ , you can fit them yourself if you look up utube !! :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1: 

((how the f**k did the writing change ?? ) 

+1 you can buy the kit and do it yourself just google it. Also as mentioned if in Pattaya go to TUKCOM or if in BKK try MBK.

At Tukcom they offered to replace broken glass on a Samsung S3 mini for 400/500 Baht so it should not be too much for Iphone.  Probably less than 1000 baht.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I have an iPhone 5 with a broken glass. I checked with Apple Store here in the UK and they want £200 for fixing it. I am wondering if I can get it done cheaper in either Bangkok or Pattaya? Don't want to be spending too much as I already have a 5S and will be using this one just for testing and such.

Any info is appreciated.

Friend just had his done at Tukcom and the charge was 5,000 Baht. He visited the majority of shops and 5k was the cheapest at the place where the other shops take the phones to be fixed.

Friend just had his done at Tukcom and the charge was 5,000 Baht. He visited the majority of shops and 5k was the cheapest at the place where the other shops take the phones to be fixed.

holy shit!  time to watch the do it yourself youtube video!!!

what a ripoff!

The iPhone 5 has a glued sandwich of glass, digitizer and LCD. While it is possible to replace the glass only, this requires considerable skill, a heat table, and special glue. Most repair jobs just replace the entire sandwich, which is pretty easy to do if you've worked with small electronics before.

The glass/digitizer/sandwich combo goes for somewhere between $70-$100 USD. It contains the retina display itself which is why it's so expensive. A skilled tech can change it out in about 30 min.

Given that the part alone is 2500-3000 baht and the shop needs to make some profit, 5000 baht is not a dreadful price. You might get it down to 4000 with some haggling, by showing the guy the actual part cost on eBay.

Mate of mine got a replacement glass face for his Galaxy from e-bay, figuring to save himself a few dollars on getting a professional job done.  After much fiddling, cursing and sweating, he did get everything back together - only to find that the LCD screen was now very much fainter and with dead lines in it.

Considering the price of the i-phone 5, I would think it's better to take it to someone who knows what they're doing rather than trying to bodge it yourself.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Archived