Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Irishman hit by Coach at Northern entrance to Walking Street, South Pattaya

Pattaya One

A 41 year old Irish National sustained serious injuries to both of his legs in the early hours of Saturday after he was struck and then run over by a Coach carrying foreign tourists as he attempted...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]kH4tM47M1jU

View the full article

Man,I hope he's ok.Anyone a BM that knows this guy that can keep us updated?

Fuckin coaches are everywhere.What the fuck they have to be doing on beach road I have no idea.

Letting Koreans off to go parra sailing?

The Bus driver was smiling on the photo in the paper, he thought it was funny.  Anyway, I hope that man have travel insurance. Lucky to be alive.  His name struck my mind. The same name "Eugene Lyons" used to be a great friend of mine who died of cancer 5 years ago. 

the baht busses should not be allowed to park there, or even stop there to let off passengers, they should have to finish rounding the corner and pull over further up the street where there is more space...... its too small of a corner to allow that shit, and its part of the reason traffic is backed up so fucking far up beach road every night.

It could have been anyone . Hope his recovery goes quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Pattaya is the bus capital of the world! These buses are a crime against humanity in this already so congested town. Our city fathers are obsessed with package tourists from India, Korea, Russia etcetc, so relief is not in sight.

As Jocky has already said hope he has insurance.

Travel Insurance is so cheap these days especially if you strip out all the non essential cover there is no need for anyone to not be covered this is just one more reminder if one were needed.

I hope he is not too badly or permanently injured and has a full recovery.

Saw the BiB down there ticketing motorbikes this morning, so all will be well.  Seriously the entire widening of Beach Road has created a huge bottleneck here leading to many frustrated and impatient drivers, who do not have any regards to pedestrians in the first place.  These coaches should not be allowed on Beach Road in the first place, but it is not my country and they do not care what we think.  The only thing that will change things here is if more and more people get hurt or killed here leading to embassy's issuing travel advisories, which cause people not to come because of safety issues.  These advisories work because high season is off to a slow start because of the issues in BKK and people being afraid to come here.

Some years ago a new law was passed that no bikes for rent were allowed on beach road and the sois of it. Well that was a joke it never lasted a week...the culprits hear are the same ones that cause 80% of accidents in the town the dreaded bhatbus! they seem to just be able to do as they please, stop,park whatever they like, the middle of the road is ok if there's 10฿ to be made...It won't change, hope the guy makes a recovery

they should have a traffic light near the entrance to WS. Pedestrians have to run for their life in LOS...

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

they should have a traffic light near the entrance to WS. Pedestrians have to run for their life in LOS...

They have traffic lights in many places in Pattaya to let pedestrians cross the road but they are usually ignored by the drivers.  Many of the lights don`t work for much of the time so it wouldn`t make much difference anyway.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

that corner is so dangerous and more since the widening of BR they still allow baht buses to block 1/3 sometime 2/3 of that corner wtf and with more large coaches than before i dont think the driver is totally to blame and being from the same country i dont know the chap I wish him a full recovery.

i know expats should never speak out but this accident is a result of pure ignorance walking st mayb a cash cow for business owners but if customers risking live and limb to get there from the beach cannot be ignored its a blackspot with potential for lots more and a possible fatality.

If business owners where to petition city hall would this change? after all he was probably on his way to spend money there unlike the korean or chinese tourist on the bus.....

With the new lane and extra traffic, just crossing beach road now is a fucking nightmare, I've seen baht buses and big double deckers doing 80 km/hr in the evenings down beach rd until they get to the backed up traffic from the bottle neck.

you have to be really cautious now

I hate to say it, but I expect someone will be killed soon crossing the street this year, they need fucking big speed humps every 100 meters or so

shits me to see that smiling little prick so happy knowing that the Irish guy will most likely loose both his legs

this is the mentality you are dealing with here. 

be careful

Archived