Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Obtaining a Motor Cycle Licence whilst up Country

barstool

I live in Pattaya and have done for the past 4 years. I am now in my wife’s village 27k from Bueng Kan for possible 2 Months.

I have brought a Honda Click and then put it in my wife’s name as I would have needed a Residency Certificate to own it myself.

I have a Thai 5 year car licence and now want my bike licence and I want to find out if I can do it away from the Province where I live.

Several questions come to mind:

I have a passport no problem.

I have a 5 year Thai Car licence with my Pattaya address on it. Would this do in place of a residency certificate? Do I need a residency certificate? If so can I obtain one in Buang Kan with no rental agreement with me?

I imagine I would need to do a practical test. (Not fall off the bike. 555)

Would I need to do a theory test?

I know I would need a medical certificate.

I know that it would be easier to wait until I get back to Pattaya. When I do go back the bike will most likely stay in the village and I would rather do the test on a bike I am getting use to. I have little to no bike riding experience in the past.

It would be great from people who have had this same experience.

All replies welcome of course. 

The Topic should read 

Help needed Mods. 

Hey Barstool,

Can't answer any of your questions ..... but just thought i'd say G'day. Hope the north is treating you well

Mr Phill (Noddy's Mate)

Back in Oz :(

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.†

― Robert A. Heinlein

Proudly supporting a staunch young Aussie and his blog http://noddysasianadventures.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/lets-get-started.html

Hey Barstool,

Can't answer any of your questions ..... but just thought i'd say G'day. Hope the north is treating you well

Mr Phill (Noddy's Mate)

Back in Oz :(

Hi Phil,

Miss ya Buddy. See u on the Thread and one day back on the Poon.

All I can help with is adjusting the title! :)

Have you tried Udontony?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

All I can help with is adjusting the title! :)

Have you tried Udontony?

Came close but I balked at 3,000bt.  :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks PLP as always. 

i had to do a theory test for a bike even though I had a Thai car licence. The practical was driving around a 300M course.

I have just renewed my licences and I needed a proof/letter or residence either from my embassy or immigration (cheaper option) to get my new licences and had to sit through an idiotic TV show about thai road laws for an hour and a half, Don't insist on the English version watch the Thai version lol

Always remember that when a Thai woman calls you darling she is speaking Thai not English!

i had to do a theory test for a bike even though I had a Thai car licence. The practical was driving around a 300M course.

I have just renewed my licences and I needed a proof/letter or residence either from my embassy or immigration (cheaper option).

Thks Uncle. The certificate of residency will be my greatest hurdle.

From my own experience, i have obtained a car and motorcycle licence from a different province to that which i resided in.

They did need a copy of my wife’s home book. My name is not in the home book. I also took a bill from truemove which was in my name.

This was 3 years ago

From my own experience, i have obtained a car and motorcycle licence from a different province to that which i resided in.

They did need a copy of my wife’s home book. My name is not in the home book. I also took a bill from truemove which was in my name.

This was 3 years ago

Great info. Thank you.

I saw the pratical exam for motor license in Sisaket. No problem if you can drive a motorbike. But it will take 1 entire day of your time with theoretical and practical exams!

Maybe this can help you:

http://driving.information.in.th/thai-dmv.html

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I saw the pratical exam for motor license in Sisaket. No problem if you can drive a motorbike. But it will take 1 entire day of your time with theoretical and practical exams!

Maybe this can help you:

http://driving.information.in.th/thai-dmv.html

Thank you for posting. As for driving the bike, I am improving. 55555

I live in Pattaya and have done for the past 4 years. I am now in my wife’s village 27k from Bueng Kan for possible 2 Months.

I have brought a Honda Click and then put it in my wife’s name as I would have needed a Residency Certificate to own it myself.

I have a Thai 5 year car licence and now want my bike licence and I want to find out if I can do it away from the Province where I live.

Several questions come to mind:

I have a passport no problem.

I have a 5 year Thai Car licence with my Pattaya address on it. Would this do in place of a residency certificate? Do I need a residency certificate? If so can I obtain one in Buang Kan with no rental agreement with me?

I imagine I would need to do a practical test. (Not fall off the bike. 555)

Would I need to do a theory test?

I know I would need a medical certificate.

I know that it would be easier to wait until I get back to Pattaya. When I do go back the bike will most likely stay in the village and I would rather do the test on a bike I am getting use to. I have little to no bike riding experience in the past.

It would be great from people who have had this same experience.

All replies welcome of course. 

The Topic should read 

Help needed Mods. 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/100036-getting-a-drivers-license-in-pattaya/page-2#entry2439204

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Archived