IGNORED

Nova lodge - a small review and a question...

gregkai

Hi all,

for my last trips I stayed in the the Nova lodge and quite liked it.

On the plus side:

+ some of the staff people are great, the others are not bad, just a little bit indifferent

+ girl friendly

+ very good breakfeast, for the few time I wake up early enough (close at 10:00 or maybe 10:30)

+ I find it very well located (near soi 7, at the corner between pattaya central road and beach road): walking distance between soi 7-8 (and 6 if you are not rebuted by a few minutes walking), very close to Tops supermarket, close to my fav restaurant (don't know the name, it is more for locals, after Tops on central road), and just between Big C/wlaking street, so taking a baht bus to those is easy)

+ very nice swimming pool, big and deep, no chlorine but another system (ozone or something), set in a nice garden

+ have an small travel agency (usefull for some infos) and internet shop almost in the hotel (good for not carrying laptops in the street)

+ fit my budget: was between 900-1200 baht for normal room, double bed by internet (depending between low season/high season)

On the minus side:

- old, and you see it. I think it was one of the first hotel in pattaya, probably high class at first but they do not really maintain it as it will be rebuild or change owner in 2 years

rooms are clean but would need a refresh, not too small but lack some furniture (shower only basic, no safe for valuables in the room). Some people find it too old from what I have heard on the net, but it is mostly ok for me.

- last 2 time I went they had problem with the swimming pool: too much product so not nice on the eyes anymore (I like to swim underwater with eyes open, maybe not a good idea in thailand ;-) ), maybe they have increased it because they had some sanytary problem: I got ear infection in this pool so did my brother 2 mont later: 2 persons having the catching the same infection make it less likely to be only bad luck

- last time I had some ants in my room, a little bit my fault as I let some fruits out of the fridge but annoying nonetheless...the hotel may be getting old enough for such problems :(

- they have increased their price lately it seems: no low season discount anymore, but a new high season asking for more :( :( this one is a big minus, because it makes me feel it is not a good deal anymore...

So as you see the minus list has grown lately, that's why in addition to this small review I would like to ask the board for advices: do you know a nice hotel?

For me, nice means around 800-1100 baht per night, clean and not too small rooms, girl friendly, double bed, nice pool (big, clean, not too bad on the eyes (in 2 way: beautifull and not painfull to open eyes under water :D ) and in the soi 7-8 region, or at least between big C and walking street).

Any good ones? I saw the sunshine hotel&residence, which may be a good choice given my preferences...somebody stayed there already?

Thanks,

Regards,

Kai

Thanks for the review update mate. i'm thinking about staying here in September, although I'm hearing alot of mixed reviews about the place. Alot of people are saying that it is quite out-dated but I wouldnt really mind that as long as it is within budget ie.

Cheers

Happy ^_^

Thanks for the review update mate. i'm thinking about staying here in September, although I'm hearing alot of mixed reviews about the place. Alot of people are saying that it is quite out-dated but I wouldnt really mind that as long as it is within budget ie.

Cheers

Happy ^_^

Unfortunately for you (and for me), it seems it will not be within your budget anymore: last update from my usual internet reservation site (sawasdee.com) show a 1200 baht/1600 baht peak season price range, while it was more 950 baht low season/1200 baht high season last year. As I said, it makes me reconsider staying there, while I was happy before (I was more sensitive to the nice swimming pool and location than the out-dated feel) I now does not find it such a bargain. If you find better price, let me know, I would like to stay there again, but for now I am considering sunshine hotel...If you have info about it please tell me ;)

Kai

Had a friend who used this place numerous times mainly for location & the pool. Met up with him in October last year just as he was changing hotels. He told me the rooms have just deteriorated too much. Was quite sad because the place had given him great memories.

• 1 month later...

Used to stay here but last time found the rooms needed renovation and price had increased .

Also breakfast was included which is no good for me as never up in time!