Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

60 day visa thailand

bolton69

hi i hope someone has the answer to this one, i have a 60 day visa, but when i enter bkk airport, ill only be in thailand for 10 days then i go to bali for 7 days then back to bkk for 60 days , will they start my 60 day visa of first or can i leave it untill my entry to bkk  from bali , thanks 

hi i hope someone has the answer to this one, i have a 60 day visa, but when i enter bkk airport, ill only be in thailand for 10 days then i go to bali for 7 days then back to bkk for 60 days , will they start my 60 day visa of first or can i leave it untill my entry to bkk  from bali , thanks 

Assuming that they see your Visa they will use it.

Then 10 days later you'll kill it.

When you come back you'll only get 30 days Visa Waiver.

Is there an option to get another 60 day Visa from Bali?

Sorry, but you should have got a Double Entry TV.

There's a decent chance they won't see the 60 day visa at the airport and just give you a 30 day waiver....happened to me last month

You could then point out the 60 day visa coming back from Bali...not ideal but might be your best option

You needed to get a multiple reentry visa or single reentry visa when you first got the 60 day visa if you planned on leaving the country. Otherwise, your 60 day visa expires once you leave LOS.

You needed to get a multiple reentry visa or single reentry visa when you first got the 60 day visa if you planned on leaving the country. Otherwise, your 60 day visa expires once you leave LOS.

yes thanks for the help, i did not plan to go bali, ill just have to be honest and tell passport control  about my booked trip to bali.

You have a reasonably good chance of the visa not being seen on arrival. My advice is say nothing . When filling in your arrival card just to point out the obvious when you are asked for the visa number leave this section blank...Fill the number in only on your return from Bali

A long time ago I had the same problem. I wanted to visit Laos.

So on arrival at Bangkok I told the immigration officer that I had a tourist visa

but I wanted to visit Laos and could I please have a visa on arrival.

He asked his superior who just said yes.

So I was able to use my Thai visa on my return from Laos.

I don't know what they do now but stapling the page so the visa cannot be seen

seems like a good idea.

Just play it by ear.

just because i am paranoid does not mean that they are not following me.

I had a similar problem and was told by a Thai immigration officer that if you explain your situation to the officer upon arrival and if you can successfully communicate to him/her, they may give you a 30 upon your first arrival. Good luck.

They will probably see the visa & use it, this happened to me in exactly the same time frame of visits.

I asked not to use the 90 day visa I had but landed on deaf ears, he started the 90 days visa then.

Go to Immigration in Jomtien Soi 5 & get a re-entry visa @ 1000 baht.

This is way cheaper than doing a border run or flying back into Thailand again for no purpose except another 30 days.

A stapled visa page sound really sketchy, these people do this thousands of times a day.  If your in Pattaya I see tons of Visa places that arrange 60 day visas for about 8,000 (you never have to leave the country) baht--or just hit Lao or Cambodia --have a good time and get a double entry.  All depends on your budget and how long you will be there.

Let us know how it went.

I've tried to do this before too without any luck. I explained I'd be leaving in a week and wanted the tourist visa to start when I got back - no joy. The usually grumpy officer just looked at me and said cannot and stamped me away. Good luck!

A re-entry visa. if granted does that re start the clock? That is when you return to BKK on it you have another 60days?

I think the best way to try to get a 30 day visa instead of using the 90 day visa is to get in a line with a female immigration officer. Give her a nice smile and ask very politely if you can save the 90 visa for your next arrival. You may try to hide the 90 visa but they are sometimes very thorough in looking at all the pages in your passport (they scan them for a number of reasons) and, if they find it, they may not be as helpful as you would hope. If they do use the 90 day visa, you can get more forceful and explain how much you need to have it for your next trip and ask if she would get a supervisor to allow this. I did it once and they cancelled the use of the 90 day visa and gave me 30 days. They don't really want a hassle at the desk.

A re-entry visa. if granted does that re start the clock? That is when you return to BKK on it you have another 60days?

I'm sure that it doesn't work like that. Your 60 day visa continues to run with the end date as stamped when you arrive. Your 60 day visa is single entry and the re-entry visa bypasses that limitation. re-entry is a separate visa

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't !!!

Got a sixty day visa in my Aussie passport which I will need when I come back from the Philippines, but I arrive in Thailand.for a day so I will enter on my uk passport, having two passports is handy,

If you have a single entry visa then your visa is over the first time to come to Thailand not matter you stay 10 days or more. But if you have a multiple 60 days visa then every time you enter you can probably stay for 60 days. You would know it once you enter the country and they put entry stamp with validity of your stay.

You enter Thailand you automatically use your 60 Day Visa, so if you leave in 10 days you no longer have a 60 visa on return. Why come to Thailand for 10 days before, why not go to Bali first then come to Thailand? Cheers

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/3.jpg&text=Paradise%20Here%20I%20come%2C%20ready%20or%20not&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2017&month=11&day=19&hour=22&minute=21&second=8&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Worse case scenario is that you get another tourist visa in Bali. Here are the details of the consulate:

THE ROYAL THAI CONSULATE ( Bali ) Mr. Peraphon Prayooravong – Honorary Consul
Mr. Poramate Khemwongthong – Consular Officer

Address:
Jl. Puputan Raya No. 81, Renon Denpasar 80235
Phone: 263 310, Fax: 238 044

Email: [email protected]

Office hours:
Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 16.00

Visa hours:
Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.30 - 16.00

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I've heard you can go to your country's embassy and get special extended Visas is this true? I know most people just go out of the country for a day then come back for a fresh 30. How many times can you do that per year though?
Seems silly, you would think the Thai government would want that Western $$$ flow into the country for as long as possible. 
Should be 2 month Visa option in my humble opinion. :)

Worse case scenario is that you get another tourist visa in Bali. Here are the details of the consulate:

THE ROYAL THAI CONSULATE ( Bali ) Mr. Peraphon Prayooravong – Honorary Consul

Mr. Poramate Khemwongthong – Consular Officer

Address:

Jl. Puputan Raya No. 81, Renon Denpasar 80235

Phone: 263 310, Fax: 238 044

Email: [email protected]

Office hours:

Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 16.00

Visa hours:

Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.30 - 16.00

looks like my best option, thanks for the link 

looks like my best option, thanks for the link 

I think your first option should be to try to preserve the visa that you have. Take a pick between explaining why you would like to not use the visa when you first arrive or 'accidentally' forgetting to put the visa number on the arrival card. Either way cop what ever comes your way and don't try to change your story.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 90 day visa and can reenter with this visa three times. But the 90 Days are starting at the arival in BKK Airport.

I got the Visa at the Consulate In my home country.

There is the possibility to get Visa for

30 Day Entry only once into Thailand

60 Day 2 times reentry

90 Day 3 times reentry

Looks like you eventually got round to what I said in post 2.  :SoWhat1:

@ poseidonxcp - That makes very little sense apart from the 60 day double entry - anyway not an answer to this question.

Archived