IGNORED

What A Great (Cheap) Hotel!

bromberg

We are spoilt for choice with good to great hotels in Pattaya.

But what is your best budget accommodation? What place would you personally recommend?

For this thread Budget is under 1200 BHT in low season.

The following hotels qualify as budget and may have some fans here:

Sandy Spring hotel, Lek hotel, Pattaya Bay Resort, Opey De Place, Areca Lodge, BJ Holiday Lodge,

J House, Sunshine hotel, Natural Beach hotel, Ma Maison, The Haven, Apex hotel, SunView Place...and the list goes on

and on.. What is your favourite budget hotel!

But what is your best budget accommodation? What place would you personally recommend?

Sandy Spring Hotel, Lek Hotel, Pattaya Bay Resort, Opey De Place, Areca Lodge, BJ Holiday Lodge,

J House, Sunshine Hotel, Natural Beach Hotel, Ma Maison, The Haven, Apex Hotel, SunView Place...and the list goes on

My favorite are Windy Inn, located at the end of Walking Street and J House right on beach road .

View from the pool of the J House

264233-135.jpg

Windy entrance

264233-136.jpg

I know its not everyones bag, but I got the standard room at the Queen Vic for 600BHT a night...with a back entrance its all a guy would need! lol

i like the sunshine on soi 7 has everything and its quite cheap

Galaxy Suites Superior Suites are just 895 Baht per night. Galaxy Suites is located on Soi Diamond, just off Walking St. All rooms come with free WiFi and king-size beds.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

have stayed at the Sunshine in Soi 8 althought that was a few years ago. Since I've paid about 900bht for either Eastiny Place or Flipper Lodge, both also on Soi 8 and I recommend.

Although i recently spoke to a bloke who says he stayed in a place in Soi 13/2, and it only cost him 800 a night in High season, and it had loads of space.

I cant remember the name of it, but it had an 'Irish' name, perhaps someone here knows the place I'm talking about ??

Galaxy Suites Superior Suites are just 895 Baht per night. Galaxy Suites is located on Soi Diamond, just off Walking St. All rooms come with free WiFi and king-size beds.

I take it there is no swimming pool?

Wha's like us?

have stayed at the Sunshine in Soi 8 althought that was a few years ago. Since I've paid about 900bht for either Eastiny Place or Flipper Lodge, both also on Soi 8 and I recommend.

Although i recently spoke to a bloke who says he stayed in a place in Soi 13/2, and it only cost him 800 a night in High season, and it had loads of space.

I cant remember the name of it, but it had an 'Irish' name, perhaps someone here knows the place I'm talking about ??

Stayed at sunshine once, never rated it? Found the room a bit 'gloomy' maybe just a bad room and found the reception staff less than helpful, but one of my mates stayed there at New Year and said it was fine.

Also stayed in the flipper but my room was tiny but clean and well furnished :( PLUS remember there is building work going on for the new wing just now and it is NOISY :( Once the new wing is built I have little doubt the flipper will be back to scratch. Lovely airy reception but parking the hired car comes with its own problems underneath (if you get a space).

Edited by Scottish_Tyrant

Wha's like us?

450 baht Dolphin House soi lenkee fuck luxury I only use my room for sleep and sex

Sandy Spring Hotel, Lek Hotel, Pattaya Bay Resort, Opey De Place, Areca Lodge, BJ Holiday Lodge,

J House, Sunshine Hotel, Natural Beach Hotel, Ma Maison, The Haven, Apex Hotel, SunView Place...and the list goes on

From this list I've only stayed at the Pattaya Bay Resort and I think it's an excellent low season value. But I don't consider it a budget hotel. For guys really on a tight budget I like the Kingfisher (no pool though) on Soi Yensabai.

Edited by Bababooey

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

Sunshine Residance is fine if you stay in the Residance part and stay high up. It's not cheap though. I'm staying at Eastiny Place 10 April, next door to Sunshine. It's cheaper and looks just as good? Anyone stayed there who can give me a heads up? I'm paying 1300 baht a night for Superior room which looks alright on the net but nowt special. Only in there for shagging though & I do like Soi 7 & 8!!!!

Bluntman...

So many women, so little time!!!

dream hotel prathamnuk road,cheap at 650bht and not too shabby,nice location and awsome room service;)

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I take it there is no swimming pool?

That is true, Galaxy Suites does not have a pool.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

i always reccomend SunView Place to my mates. you can get a very tidy room for 750 baht a night. i stayed there myself for a few nights when i first came out here and was very happy with the place. (soi Buakuo)

Full Love Inn is mostly a ST hotel but you can get a great room there for 500 Baht a night.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Stayed at sunshine once, never rated it? Found the room a bit 'gloomy' maybe just a bad room and found the reception staff less than helpful, but one of my mates stayed there at New Year and said it was fine.

Also stayed in the flipper but my room was tiny but clean and well furnished :( PLUS remember there is building work going on for the new wing just now and it is NOISY :( Once the new wing is built I have little doubt the flipper will be back to scratch. Lovely airy reception but parking the hired car comes with its own problems underneath (if you get a space).

When I stayed in the Sunshine, it was long ago, back in dec 2001, so obviously thats nothing to go by ( it was the old wing, and wasn't particularly clean or that good at that time though...)

Regarding building work at the flipper lodge, over the last couple of years they have been renovating both wings. This work is now all finished :P

Would have to agree with the Apex. Pool, Bar, Bikes, Central and the best value for money buffet I have come across. :P

:D

Checked out all the suggestions and for my next trip I have decided on the Pattaya Bay Resort for the following reasons.

1. Great reviews on every board/forum.

2. Good location (I am told) for a newbie

3. It has a pool.

4. Good price (Low season 999BHT a day - but currently has a stay 7, pay 6 promotion which makes it 857 BHT a night)

5. We get a balcony

6. It is still fairly new and clean.

7. Breakfast is included.

Thanks to all for putting up their suggestions. :P

This is a good thread for those looking for cheaper accommodation and I hope many others find it useful too!

Myself and 2 mates are staying at The Pattaya Bay Resort for all the same reasons.I arrive on 1st of May and my 2 mates arrive on 10th of May.

We all go back on the 25th of May.

I will put a review of the hotel on my trip report.

We have all had no difficulty corresponding by email to book our rooms,so all sounds great koalashit.

:P

4. Good price (Low season 999BHT a day - but currently has a stay 7, pay 6 promotion which makes it 857 BHT a night)

Stayed there last August on a stay 7, pay 6 plan. But can't find that promotion currently on their website. Maybe I need specs. :o

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

Stayed there last August on a stay 7, pay 6 plan. But can't find that promotion currently on their website. Maybe I need specs. :wacko:

Bababooey - I don't think the 'Stay 7, Pay 6" promotion is on their website. (Stuffed if I know why they wouldn't advertise it). But this is straight from the confirmation email sent by Boem Bussi the General Manager of the Pattaya Bay Resort.

"Low Season (15 April to 14 October), Standard Room, Internet Daily Rate - 999.00 baht per night, for 1 or 2 persons. Plus, you will qualify for our weekly promotion, for every six nights paid you will receive one night free. The rate includes: American or Asian Breakfast Plan for one (1) or two (2), daily room cleaning, bottled water, fresh linen and free wifi and internet. A 500.00 baht per night refundable security deposit (capped at 3,000.00 baht) is required upon check-in...."

Millard - when it first opened the Pattaya Bay Resort was somewhat difficult to get to as it had no easy access to 2nd Road.

However, that seems to be rectified as their web site states:

"Pattaya Bay Resort has one of the best central locations in all of Pattaya. We are located on Soi 15 at Second Road, just minutes from the beach, Walking Street and all the major entertainment areas. We are directly behind "The Avenue", Pattaya's newest five star shopping complex which is now open and provides our guests with 24-hour access to Second Road via a short walk through the mall."

This easy access has been confirmed by a number of board members who have stayed there.

I think it will be a great spot to stay - I certainly hope so! :wacko:

Edited by koalashit