Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How do I keep my TrueMove H number alive?

heathcliff81

I really should have figured this out before I left Thailand but I was busy with other things. More to the point, I just assumed that the number would be active and I could just add some credit when I get in to Suvarnabhoomi. But it looks like the number will expire if you don't top it up every month. I am coming back in February.

So the question is should I try keeping this number alive until February? If so, how do I do that from the UK? What is the minimum I need to put in to keep it alive? Alternatively, should I just forget it and get a new sim in February?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last year True was advertising a deal that if you added a certain amount that the number would stay alive for 365 days.  Well I arrived this year and it didn't work.

Can you get someone here to add a small amount (150) in a month or so?

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

There has been some fuss about that the thai phone companies are allowing the numbers/simcards to expire. There was a ruling telling them to stop it, but as this is Thailand, I am not sure they will do as they were told.

Anyway, I am pretty sure a tourist simcard will expire after 6 months - my Dtac card did.

I now have a Truemove tourist simcard, but will get a proper simcard before I leave te country.

I will then add a small amount once in a while through http://www.truemove-h.com/topup-cc/ and hope that will keep it alive.

I have been to a Truemove shop, but they could not clarify the conditions for keeping the simcard alive - so have to try.

Everytime I top up 300 baht(minium) on my True sim I receive  a further 1months connection.

So if you top up 6 times at 300 baht each time you have a further 6 months added to your expiry date

With my Dtac card I also have the option to just pay 30 baht for each month that i want to extend the life of the card.

I have had the ame card, and number for nine years now

Everytime I top up 300 baht(minium) on my True sim I receive  a further 1months connection.

So if you top up 6 times at 300 baht each time you have a further 6 months added to your expiry date

But is that the 'H' Sim card which is what this thread is about?

Just get an online account and add a few baht when required. 100 baht normally gets you 1 month so for 600 baht you will have 6 months. 

I also wrote to TrueMove H customer care. This is the response I got. Can anyone make sense of the Tinglish? Do they mean that I can credit some money (say 100 Baht) and the card will be active for 30 days after the topup?

Regarding your enquiry about extension period of TruemoveH no. 09-5598-8502, first of all, we would inform you that your TruemoveH 3G+ Tourist sim card
can be collected a validity period up to 30 days only. Your sim card will keep the 30 days period after irrespective of how much you did top-up and/or
doing the following actions;
- Sending SMS and/or MMS (Success Case)
- Connecting internet thru 3G+ / 3G / Wi-Fi / EDGE / GPRS
- Buying extra package (Topping Voice, SMS, MMS, 3G, Wi-Fi, Content)
- Activating, buying music and/or being charged for Color Ring service
- Making charged call
Thus, if you would like to keep your number, you can do one of action above when it is nearly reach its expiration date.

Your remaining credit is 746.51 Baht.

If you would like to enquiry for further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by visiting our website :
www.truemove-h.com
 or phone number +66891001331. Thank you for choosing our service. We hope to serve you again in the nearest future.

Sincerely yours,
True MoveH by Napatt

I think she is saying that the SIM is valid for not more than 30 days from the last use (in Thailand presumably). Adding funds would not extend the tourist SIM. With 746 baht on it I think you should make some bar girl very happy.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

I think she is saying that the SIM is valid for not more than 30 days from the last use (in Thailand presumably). Adding funds would not extend the tourist SIM. With 746 baht on it I think you should make some bar girl very happy.

Actually it says that top-up and/or one of the following... Will extend the 30 day period.

Should be as simple as making a call, or send an SMS... There just need to be a transaction on the cards balance - either negative or positive.

Does the 'H' Sim work overseas?

I will ascertain that as soon as I get hold of an iPhone sim removal tool. My attempts to open the sim tray of my iPhone with a paper clip are not successful.

My True MoveH sim lasts for 60 days (2 months) after a top-up. I got it by transfering my number from a True Move sim that used to last for 12 months so maybe it isn't a tourist sim.

There are two ways to keep the sim active,

1. If you've opened a Kasikorn bank account you can top your phone up using their web site. This is the easiest way as you can also set the top ups to be made in the future so you don't need to remember. 50 baht top ups work for me.

2. buy top up's from 7/11 for the minimum amount. I think they last about 12 or 18 months and then apply them to your phone every month. To do this you will need to make sure the phone works in your local country.

When I got a true move sim (many years ago) it did not work when I came back to the UK. I found some true move line to call by searching the internet and called if from the house phone and went through the options (in english) to activate the phone for international use.

When I transferred the number over to the True Move H sim it worked OK in the UK but I don't know if this is the default or becuase I have enabled the old sim.

I think I have finally figured it out. Just had a long conversation with one of the service agents at TrueMove H via their chat facility on the website.

It is indeed possible to enable international roaming on the TrueMove H 3G+ Tourist sim. You just have to ask customer care to enable it. I just did that and can use it now (if I wanted) in the UK.

As long as you have enough credit, the sim card will continue to be active for 30 days after your last transaction. This could be a topup, making a call or sending a text message. The topup can be as low as 20 Baht. It is possible to topup online with a credit card but the minimum value is 300 Baht. I just sent a text message which cost me 11 Baht because I am roaming now. But now when I check my balance with #123#, it shows that I have 745.43 Baht and that it is valid until 4th January 2014. I have made a note to send another text message on 3rd January.

You could always throw away the sim and get a new one when you are in Thailand, but if you already have some balance (quite a bit in my case) and also if you were coming back to Thailand in 3 months, this is worthwhile exercise to do. I like to keep the same number in other countries when possible. Have a sim card for the US where I go for work regularly. Also India where I go to visit family.

Slightly off topic but I bought a DTAC "Happy" SIM when I arrived on 8 November 2013 (BHT50).  I put on BHT100 credit and I received an SMS saying that the SIM card was valid up to 10 Jan 2014. 

I then put on BHT60 credit and received another SMS saying that the SIM card (or rather my number) was valid up to 10 June 2014.  Simply putting credit on my phone seemed to extend the validity.

So for low cost extension I recommend DTAC "Happy" SIM.

However as I posted on corsair's TR.....

.....I now always get a new SIM card.  On one of my previous trips I kept my old SIM card.  I had arranged to see a BG a few days after my arrival (I didn't tell her my arrival date because I wanted to play around for a few days).  Unfortunately she had called me while I was out of Thailand and, unknown to me, after I landed and switched on the phone she had been sent a callback text message (I saw it on her phone later) and she had managed to figure out that I was back in Thailand early!

Slightly off topic but I bought a DTAC "Happy" SIM when I arrived on 8 November 2013 (BHT50).  I put on BHT100 credit and I received an SMS saying that the SIM card was valid up to 10 Jan 2014. 

I then put on BHT60 credit and received another SMS saying that the SIM card (or rather my number) was valid up to 10 June 2014.  Simply putting credit on my phone seemed to extend the validity.

So for low cost extension I recommend DTAC "Happy" SIM.

However as I posted on corsair's TR.....

.....I now always get a new SIM card.  On one of my previous trips I kept my old SIM card.  I had arranged to see a BG a few days after my arrival (I didn't tell her my arrival date because I wanted to play around for a few days).  Unfortunately she had called me while I was out of Thailand and, unknown to me, after I landed and switched on the phone she had been sent a callback text message (I saw it on her phone later) and she had managed to figure out that I was back in Thailand early!

That's very useful advice about DTAC. I wanted to get DTAC Happy Tourist sim but the 7-Eleven that we went to only had the TrueMove H in stock.

Yes, I can see how keeping the same number could potentially be a problem...

• 1 month later...

I have transferred over to the H Sim from Pre Pay Sim

In the shop they definitively told me you could not just add say 50 baht a month via K Bank to keep the Sim active

The consensus of opinion is that this is incorrect - I will try this now to see what effect it has on my balance and expiry date

Also regarding the roaming the girls in the shop told me to bring my passport in and they would set it up - seems very long winded way around things over here and conflicting information within the Company - welcome to True - the Truth as we know it!

I have transferred over to the H Sim from Pre Pay Sim

In the shop they definitively told me you could not just add say 50 baht a month via K Bank to keep the Sim active

The consensus of opinion is that this is incorrect - I will try this now to see what effect it has on my balance and expiry date

Also regarding the roaming the girls in the shop told me to bring my passport in and they would set it up - seems very long winded way around things over here and conflicting information within the Company - welcome to True - the Truth as we know it!

I got roming activated by chatting with the customer service rep on the website. This was after I returned to the UK.

• 5 weeks later...

Thats correct. The H Sims will not move forward more than 30 Days from current date no matter if you put 5000 baht on it. However my Sim was still active 7 weeks after last use so who knows !!   Officially 30 Days is limit

Did you try this?

I've checked and my payment of 50 baht went out of Kasikorn on 25th December and #123# on my TrueMove-H says that I can use the service until 23/2/2014.

As I've said above I exchanged my TrueMove sim for this TrueMove-H sim and kept the old number so it probably isn't a tourist SIM which may have different terms and conditions.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have an old sim card that is working for years ,  the new ones expire after 1 or 3 months if you don t use them .      May i suggest that you pay a visit to some phone shop selling second hand phone and ask if you can buy an old sim card that will not expire .   If you need a micro sim you can just buy a old sim and they have a small tool  that will cut it in a micro sim size .

my old sim card that never ex^pire and keep my credits is precious ! 

Archived