IGNORED

Charging Iphone Electrocutes Man

Pattaya Daily News

232.jpg
A young Rayong man was electrocuted to death as he talked on his iphone whilst it was charging. He was found dead on his bed.

RAYONG – November 25, 2013 [PDN]; at approximately 06:00 am , Klang police officers reported that there was a man who had been electrocuted to death, so they went ti inspect the crime scene where they found the body of Mr. Pisit Changlek , 28 years old lying face down holding an iPhone 4s that was plugged into the battery charger plugged into the electrical socket. The police noticed that on his chest there burns and his body was red.

From asking Mr.Chiao Changlek, 52 years old the victim’s father said that his son Mr Pisit had a habit of lying on the floor talking on the phone while charging the battery, but last night he heard his son crying but he thought that his son just talking in his sleep. In the morning he went to his son’s room and found that his son was dead.

The police assumed that Mr. Pisit died due to an electric shock from a power line that was connected to the mobile phone battery. However, his body would be sent to Klang hospital, to prove the cause of death once again.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Thailand News
Photo : Internet

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

A fake charger or poorly built one could allow an AC current in to the battery. And if he fell asleep with it on his chest, lying on the floor that's a direct path for the current to pass through his body as well, it only takes a few milliamps to screw with your heart whether it's AC or DC and the phone looks fried. It could have been a copy battery or copy Iphone for that matter. BAD BAD LUCK

Same thing happened in Cnina a few months ago. Afterward, US Apple offered a genuine charger for $10 and your counterfeit one. That's almost half price. Guess they don't want the bad PR even if it isn't their fault.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

This came up on the Thai new sites as well.

Even the wife is flabbergasted.

She says "they tell you not to talk on your phone while it's charging,but they don't tell you not to by fake phones or chargers."

Think Shes starting to get it.

A tragic accident a combination of 3rd world electric’s (no ELCBs etc) and maybe a fake charger

Yes, has to be a poor quality generic (rather than fake) charger.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have heard the same incident like this few months ago.  Must be careful with the charger ? Buy good quality one.

Chargers are worth 89 cents.

http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/29907/US%20Socket%20Plug%20USB%20Charger%20for%20iPhone%205%20%20iPad%20mini%20%20%20mini%202%20Retina%20%20iPhone%204%20%26%204S%20%20iPhone%203GS%203G%20%20iPod%20Touch%20.htm

Knowing how these work and whats inside them, it would be VERY hard to get electrocuted.

I suppose an ac dropping capacitor with a resistor (death trap) could be made for 30 cents. But even the 50 cent ones have circuitry.

The breakdown voltage is very low - that is that they are designed to fail and not last long. I suspect

foul play - or something got inside - saltwater or a cockroach would be needed.

Quality wise, the old genuine nokia chargers will never be bettered.

I hope they send it to America to be analyzed properly.

I feel for the father who heard his child's sobs for help, which he ignored, only to find him dead in the morning.

It will haunt him forever... "if only..."

What good is a half price I phone charger to you if your dead ?

You're correct.

up to you

What good is a half price I phone charger to you if your dead ?

+1, I'll gladly pay extra for an original charger

I'm fine buying a knockoff pair of jeans or a shirt, but things that can kill you, no thanks.

up to you

I don't like electricity.

Can't see it,here it or smell it.have been buzzed a couple of times and its sat me on my ass.Dont like it.

I don't like electricity.

Can't see it,here it or smell it.

You can't normally hear it either, but if it's arcing and sparking you can see, hear, and even smell it if you're close enough.

up to you

You can't normally hear it either, but if it's arcing and sparking you can see, hear, and even smell it if you're close enough.

Yes,and at those points,I wouldn't touch it.

Archived