IGNORED

bus Pattaya to Bangkok

brucemb

Is there an express bus service Patts to Bangkok?=====not the Airport

If so times and prices please

I'm not sure about buses from Sai Tai Mai (Southern) bus terminal or Mo Chit (Northern) terminal, but from Ekamai (Eastern) terminal I believe they run every 40-60 minutes. I've never had to wait too long for one and the first one leaves Bangkok around 0530 in the morning if I remember correctly.

Last time I used it the price was around 120baht 1 way to the Ekamai Terminal.

Yes same service i have used.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Bus comes very often, aircon, pretty quick considering and all for about 120 baht, can't go wrong with that! Use the extra 1000 baht saved for a good night!

Get a motorcycle taxi from central pattaya to the bus terminal (about 30-40 baht) takes 5 mins, government buses depart for Mo chit and Ekamai every 30 mins between 5.30 am and 11.00 pm cost 118 baht, takes around 3 hours.

There is a minibus service that goes from outside the Center Condo on South Pattaya Rd; runs every 2 hrs or so for B150. God knows where they drop you in BKK, but I believe it is close to a Skytrain terminal so whatever.

Be scene and not herd.

just get a taxi there cheep enough

TBH a bit pointless as the bus takes around the same time at a fraction of the price 117 baht.

Buses leave from the Bus Station in Pattaya Nua (NOT the Sukhumvit Road station).

Run every 30-40 minutes.

Takes 2 hours 10 minutes - 3 hours 30 minutes depending in time of day and traffic. Avoid rush hour times which are similar to world over.

All buses have aircon and toilets. Have heard stories of aircon not working but I have done it at least 25 times and never had a problem.

Seats are designated - its on your ticket, so if you get a ticket you have a guaranteed seat.

NOTE the seat number is the one BEHIND the seat not the one in front of you as per UK etc. Always see people being asked to move by stroppy old Thais who think you are nicking their space. :unsure:

Seats are OK comfortwise and recline. Back seat is the exception as its a little cramped and doesnt recline. Curtains will be drawn during travelling so its quite easy to sleep.

If you are going ho-ing or shopping you need the service to Ekkamai NOT Southern. You then hop on the BTS along Sukhumvit.

If you get the Ekkamai service get OFF at On Nut (about 1k BEFORE Ekkamai) this will save you a good 15 minutes as traffic ias always bad here and there is a BTS station there. They always stop at the bottom of the BTS stairs at On Nut - you will see lots of eople hop off here so just join them. This last 1k can take an age if traffic is bad.

Hopew that covers the lot!

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

You can definatly save money on the bus and its not bad service.

Can be a lot of faffing about if you take form hotel though. minbus to bus station which stops are several hotels. Wait at bus stations. Faffing at bus stop. minibus from bus stop to hotel via lots of other hotels.

But i usually just get a taxi.

When i arrive in thailand i am 2 things.

1. Tired

2. horney

I need to get to patts and get nuts-deep asap.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I've been to Thailand before, but never been to Pattaya. Can you guys please give me some feedback on the bus travel experience from Ekkamai/BKK to Pattaya? Is the bus usually crowded ? Does it have baggage space ? (I will have a 20kg suitcase with me.) I heard that some people buy 2 tickets (one for them, one for the luggage :-) - just to keep the luggage with them)

Thx.

Hello Everyone,

I've been to Thailand before, but never been to Pattaya. Can you guys please give me some feedback on the bus travel experience from Ekkamai/BKK to Pattaya? Is the bus usually crowded ? Does it have baggage space ? (I will have a 20kg suitcase with me.) I heard that some people buy 2 tickets (one for them, one for the luggage :-) - just to keep the luggage with them)

Thx.

You can go direct to Patts from the airport using the bus service. In any case, all luggage goes under the bus in the storage bay.

Be scene and not herd.

Well thay means I will be taking a Taxi to Pattaya,I don't let my bags out of my site,Ive always use a Taxi and its been good.I'm a smoker.

babydollsaddict.gif

>>>> You can go direct to Patts from the airport using the bus service. In any case, all luggage goes under the bus in the storage bay.

Thx for your reply Laawman. I'm a bit undecided whether to go directly to Patts or spend a couple of nights in BKK first. My plane arrives a bit late and I don't think that I'll be able to get out of airport before 9pm. At that time I don't think that is any bus service available anymore - so probably the best option would be to take a taxi.

>>>> You can go direct to Patts from the airport using the bus service. In any case, all luggage goes under the bus in the storage bay.

Thx for your reply Laawman. I'm a bit undecided whether to go directly to Patts or spend a couple of nights in BKK first. My plane arrives a bit late and I don't think that I'll be able to get out of airport before 9pm. At that time I don't think that is any bus service available anymore - so probably the best option would be to take a taxi.

I think the last bus is at 6pm, though there might be another one at 7pm. For 9pm it would have to be a taxi @ 1200B.

Be scene and not herd.

• 2 weeks later...