IGNORED

Alternative for the following....

Ajay75

I've got two phrases that I want to say, these are:

ga roo naa phuut chaa chaa naawy - "Please speak slowly"

and

ga roo naa phuut mai - "Please say that again"

The dilema I have is that the phrase "ga roo naa" isnt really used anymore in everyday language. I was wondering if there is an alternative phrase or if someone can correct me on these phrases.

I think they are still valid to use but may come across a little dated if I used them.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

and

The dilema I have is that the phrase "ga roo naa" isnt really used anymore in everyday language. I was wondering if there is an alternative phrase or if someone can correct me on these phrases.

I think they are still valid to use but may come across a little dated if I used them.

kun puut reo gern bai - you speak too quickly

Edited by Som

Most seem to say "Alai na?" which is sort of slang for "Eh?........ wot?"

Be scene and not herd.

A couple of options:

phuut cha cha noi .... dai mai krap (makes it more of a request, ie, are you able to speak slower?), or

proot phuut cha cha noi (proot, almost pronounced prode with a long o is another form of please).

hope this helps,

beerman

and

the way you have it is perfect.... but it all really depends on who you use it with.... but im sure they will all smile when you say it.. its very polite.... :Bravo1: khun puut gang mak.... ( you speak very good )

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

the way you have it is perfect.... but it all really depends on who you use it with.... but im sure they will all smile when you say it.. its very polite.... :Bravo1: khun puut gang mak.... ( you speak very good )

Yeah I am aware that its a little too polite haha. I think for beer bars it may be a little too formal. At least my Thai wont be greeted with a confused look though.

I dont like saying "arai na" too much as thats on the other end of the scale. Usually accompany it with "kor thort" so its not too harsh.

Thanks everyone anyway.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

• 4 months later...
You could try "alai wa?" Very rude, but easier!

thats like saying "WOT?" I only use it when something shocking/hugely different happens. Like when Tee rak told me a few days ago that she wasnt taking birth control, three days into bareback. ARAI WA!!!!

To the OP

I would say either "chuay phuut ek tee krap" please speak again

or either "chuay phuut chaa chaa noi krap" please speak slower, can admit the "chuay"

I feel that having "noi krap" is sufficient in most cases.