IGNORED

Elderly British Man Robbed In Alley

Pattaya Daily News

225.jpg
An elderly British man was robbed of his belongings while he was walking back to his hotel down a desolate alley. The police rushed to the scene and inspected the CCTV located near the incident point.

PATTAYA – November 25, 2013 [PDN]; At 4.30 a.m. Pol. Capt. Thitiwat Boon-orn (investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified a Mr. Raymod Carlyle, aged 58, British nationality was robbed by 2 villains riding a motorbike, they tailed him and used a knife to rob all of his property. The Incident occurred in the middle of Soi Buakhao 15, central Pattaya.

Initially, Mr. Raymod Carlyle told the police that he was walking in Soi Buakhao 15 to go back to his hotel when suddenly there were 2 villains who cut in front of him and the male passenger used the knife to threaten him and robbed all of his property, which consisted of cash 10,000 THB, 1 gold ring worth 26,000 THB, 1 Samsung mobile phone worth 10,000 THB then they fled the scene.

After initial investigation then Pol. Capt. Thitiwat coordinated with the detective police team in detecting the 2 villains and will inspect the CCTV nearby the incident point to try and find a picture of the villains and the motorbike that was used in order to arrest them and prosecute them further according to the Thai law.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Crime News
Story : Amnoychai Malila
Photo : Amnoychai Malila

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

What the feck do they mean elderly? He does not look that elderly to me, He should have kicked the shit out of them

the yaba pricks don't hesitate to use knife. I'd hand it over too.

post-128961-0-99965000-1382358012.jpg

this is why I go to Thailand, these lovely creatures are all just too much woman for me.

What the feck do they mean elderly? He does not look that elderly to me, He should have kicked the shit out of them

He's 58, does not look to be in great shape, there were two of them and they had a knife.

Not everyone wants to risk their life for a few quid.

Lol..."villains", next they'll be reporting the news in Cockney rhyming slang...

This isn't the movies mate.

:Think1:

Elderly !!!   I thought that words supposed to be for those who are over 65.. Anyway, I never carry over 5,000 bt in my wallet. ATM carry the loads for me. I never walked along the quiet dark unlit alley. I hope they will catch those fuckers.

Soi 15 is the road from buakhow to pattaya bay resort hardly an alley..but unlit ,  he had 10,000 bht , a big whop -off  £500 gold ring and a £ 200 phone...sitting duck springs to mind !!

Seems like more and more of these types of crimes where foreigners are being specifically targeted for robberies and assaults in Pattaya.

Be careful out there, Pattaya is not as safe as some make it out to be, at least not all the time.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

late at night, best not to be on lonely streets alone... better to travel in groups or take motobike taxi back to hotel than walk in the wee hours...

never thought I would be recommending motobikes, hah!

Seems like more and more of these types of crimes where foreigners are being specifically targeted for robberies and assaults in Pattaya.

Be careful out there, Pattaya is not as safe as some make it out to be, at least not all the time.

Agreed QuotaMan

good to see I'm not the only one with this point of view

these types of attacks are becoming more brazen and in area's that you would normally feel safe.

i think the old guy did the right thing, these arseholes will kill you for a 100 baht

to be forewarned is to be forearmed, take care.

Agreed QuotaMan

good to see I'm not the only one with this point of view

these types of attacks are becoming more brazen and in area's that you would normally feel safe.

i think the old guy did the right thing, these arseholes will kill you for a 100 baht

to be forewarned is to be forearmed, take care.

The old guy did right.

As OneManWolfpack says this isn't a movie or Chuck Norris fantasy.

I think some guys have a false sense of security in Pattaya, thinking that their size is an advantage against 'puny' Thai males.

Who knows if this British man tried to fight back, he may have very well escalated the situation and gotten stabbed, or more 'reinforcement' thugs called.

He didn't do anything out of the ordinary but walk back to his hotel. 10,000 baht is a lot of money but some board members carry that and even more in their wallets everyday/night in Pattaya.

Sure Pattaya is relatively safe, but don't be lulled into a false sense of security.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Archived